ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Show Stopped Due To Bomb Threat Return to archive
October 7th, 2005 09:24 AM
telecaster Va. Rolling Stones Concert Interrupted
Oct 06 10:59 PM US/Eastern

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.

The Rolling Stones' concert at the University of Virginia was interrupted Thursday night while several police officers and three bomb-sniffing dogs searched the stage.

The show resumed after about a half-hour intermission. University, state and city police did not immediately return phone calls about the incident, and no announcement was made to the audience about the reason for the break.

About eight songs into the show, lead singer Mick Jagger announced that authorities had told them to take a break. The stage at the university's 61,000-seat Scott Stadium and about the first 20 rows of spectators were cleared until police finished their work.

The Rolling Stones are touring North America to promote their latest album, "A Bigger Bang."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/06/D8D2U9503.html
October 7th, 2005 09:28 AM
LeedsLungs71 I thought it was odd that the bomb scare completely elimated Keith's mini-set of Worst/Infamy last night.

Did Mick Jagger figure that if a bomb is going to blow up the stage, that he would rather die along with his fellow Stones?

Or was Keith's set put on the shelf because of the curfew?

Thoughts?
October 7th, 2005 09:30 AM
Cocaine Eyes I was following this all last night. Now, I am freaked right out. Was it because of "Sweet Neo Con"? Or, just another nutjob? Really horrible.
October 7th, 2005 09:37 AM
LeedsLungs71 I was following it real time via the Shidoobee board. That was friggin' scary to read about wasn't it? The first thing I did this morning was to read the boards and make sure the Stones and the Scott Stadium fans were all doing OK this morning.

Glad it turned out to be a hoax.
October 7th, 2005 11:07 AM
Factory Girl I'd like to hear a first hand account from ones who were in attendance.

I'm glad that all is "back to normal."
October 7th, 2005 11:10 AM
Gazza the things some people will do just to avoid seeing Keith's set

why cant they just take a piss-break like nearly everyone else does...?
October 7th, 2005 11:14 AM
charlotte
October 7th, 2005 11:56 AM
keefkid the things some people will do just to avoid seeing Keith's set

-----------------------------
"We piss anywhere,man.."

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tooo f'in funny .... for me however it is a highlight of the show.... at Hershey someone overheard this one guy few rows back saying he cant even talk what makes him think we want to hear him sing??? If i had heard that ... well i jus dont wanna say....woulda been uggggglyy betcha
October 7th, 2005 12:11 PM
jb I wasn';t the least scares..I was on a message board and all these weiners were like crying and falling apart..it was a fucking hoax,,,we get them all the time..rememeber the color chart bullshit d=from our former HOmeland security Czar.pink, yellow, red, blue, viloet,,,,,,,,,,,,,fuck em all
October 7th, 2005 12:51 PM
glencar Bomb threats are old hat for Joshy but still, the authorities do have to go through the motions. What's with dropping Keith's set & really, did anyone miss it?
October 7th, 2005 01:02 PM
Jair Somoeone doesnt like SOL
October 7th, 2005 01:09 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I'd like to hear a first hand account from ones who were in attendance.

All that happened was I called Ronnie over to the side of the stage. I then said, "Jack Nicholson actually did a guest stint in two episodes of the Andy Griffith Show, both of which were color episodes. The one most remember is when Aunt Bee was selected for jury duty, and Jack portrayed the accused man on trial."

Ronnie nodded and pointed out that that was the inspiration for his Nicholson painting.

"Right," I continued. "Now his second appearance was in the one where Opie finds the abandoned baby- that's the one you just watched the other day. Jack appears briefly at the end as the husband of the girl who left the baby at the courthouse. Bit of an arse-fuck, really, (you can be sure he beat the living hell out of her once they left Mayberry), but noteworthy for Jack's cameo nonetheless."

Ronnie then admitted, "Mick will want to hear this." I suggested having everyone file out of the stadium, then back in again, during which the interval of time would be more than enough.

Mick then came over and Ronnie said, "Tell it to him, exactly as was told to me." Afterwards, it was Keith who opined, "Maybe it's time we got back to the basics of life."
October 7th, 2005 01:21 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL the bathrooms are alway their fullest during Keith's set!
October 7th, 2005 02:09 PM
glencar Jack did Mayberry? Another illusion destroyed.
October 7th, 2005 02:27 PM
your mama insurgents
October 7th, 2005 02:34 PM
LeedsLungs71 Maybe GW Bush will make a reference to "terrorism at Stones concerts" during his next speech on Iraq...
October 7th, 2005 02:47 PM
Factory Girl GW should send our troops to Stones concerts...better use of their time and our tax money.
October 7th, 2005 02:47 PM
glencar Uh, no.
October 7th, 2005 02:48 PM
glencar The ticky prices seem like they were set by Haliburton.
October 7th, 2005 03:02 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
The ticky prices seem like they were set by Haliburton.

The Stones will never let Haliburton sponsor their tours.

"They'll never be a beast of Haliburton,

They walk for miles...their feet are hurting...

Never never never...Haliburton be" (parody copyright by FG!)
[Edited by Factory Girl]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)