ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What record you'll buy next? Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 6th, 2005 03:17 PM
Jair After ABB, what do you have in mind?

After Charlie comments on Eminem I bought the Eminem "Encore", and I'm enjoying alot. Its very funny, man, believe me. Great beats, funny lyrics, the guy did a master job. Also, last nite I saw last the movie 8 Miles...

NOw I'm waiting for the Neil Young e Fiona Apple new releases.

October 6th, 2005 03:18 PM
pdog
quote:
Jair wrote:
After ABB, what do you have in mind?

After Charlie comments on Eminem I bought the Eminem "Encore", and I'm enjoying alot. Its very funny, man, believe me. Great beats, funny lyrics, the guy did a master job. Also, last nite I saw last the movie 8 Miles...

NOw I'm waiting for the Neil Young e Fiona Apple new releases.

I got the new ryan Adams last week! It's ok... Only a few listens, my wife has been an Eminem fan for years, his shit is funny as hell.
October 6th, 2005 04:01 PM
Saint Sway I always assumed the Charlie listening to Eminem comments were done as a ruse. Sounds like vintage deadpan Charlie to me.

as for me....
this weekends purchases will include the new RYAN ADAMS and the new MY MORNING JACKET and the new NEIL YOUNG.

eagerly looking forward to the live WILCO album coming out.

last week I grabbed the new DEVANDRA BANHART album. Its excellent. A real trip!

and just purchased 4 recent Black Crowes shows from www.instantlive.com ~ Philly, Lexington & both DC shows. Holla if you want copies. Hopefully my gregarious singing during "Cancel Everything" doesnt show up on tape.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 6th, 2005 04:08 PM
Jair
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I always assumed the Charlie listening to Eminem comments were done as a ruse. Sounds like vintage deadpan Charlie to me.

Well, its great anyway. I'm getting kid again. Or idiot
October 6th, 2005 04:08 PM
Dan Rammstein has another new one coming out in the next few days so probably that.
October 6th, 2005 04:11 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I always assumed the Charlie listening to Eminem comments were done as a ruse. Sounds like vintage deadpan Charlie to me.

as for me....
this weekends purchases will include the new RYAN ADAMS and the new MY MORNING JACKET and the new NEIL YOUNG.

eagerly looking forward to the live WILCO album coming out.

last week I grabbed the new DEVANDRA BANHART album. Its excellent. A real trip!

and just purchased 4 recent Black Crowes shows from www.instantlive.com ~ Philly, Lexington & both DC shows. Holla if you want copies. Hopefully my gregarious singing during "Cancel Everything" doesnt show up on tape.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

sway, I need the second Philly show(you get both?) - I was looking for a torrent of just an audio recording, but nothing's turned up yet
October 6th, 2005 04:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:

sway, I need the second Philly show(you get both?) - I was looking for a torrent of just an audio recording, but nothing's turned up yet

I'll pm you when it arrives and send you copies

I read in the Crowes thread that you were at the Friday Philly show. I went both nights. Fuckin amazing!!! Marc & Rich together on Pink Floyd's "Fearless" was the highlight of the tour!! Fridays show was in my top 5 of all-time. Even HTH was a totally diffrent arrangement. And Tied Up & Swallowed!!!! Plus Dylans "Forever Young".... Pawnshop! Cypress Tree... and 2X As Hard litterally rocked the foundation. Great time!!! They are playing at their zenith right now.
October 6th, 2005 04:22 PM
scratched Been in a Best Of/Greatest Hits mood recently. Maybe Elvis Costello, The Pogues, Proffessor Longhair, Beefheart.

Who knows!

Although, the last week or two have been the closest I have ever been to buying Dirty Work.
October 6th, 2005 04:26 PM
Jair
quote:
scratched wrote:
Although, the last week or two have been the closest I have ever been to buying Dirty Work.

Man, you're in xtreme danger
October 6th, 2005 04:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
scratched wrote:

dont buy it.

but definately download One Hit, Had It With You and Sleep. Those are must owns. Fight's a good rocker too.
October 6th, 2005 05:17 PM
CraigP Emiminem is a puppet. He sucks.
October 6th, 2005 05:23 PM
KeithRichardsWife Undercover
October 6th, 2005 05:42 PM
The Volitan IDK, my Bday is comin up soon. Some Cream CD's some Bluesbreakers, and Aftermath (UK Version).
October 6th, 2005 05:48 PM
White House Lawn I bought the new Sinead O'Connor reggae album today via iTunes--it's freakin' GREAT! Recorded with Sly and Robbie, too:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=80977847
October 6th, 2005 05:51 PM
scratched Thanks for the warnings Sway and Jair. I'll have to buy it at some point, I won't be able to resist for long. Its like a sneeze. Probably one of those ones that turn into a nosebleed though.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
dont buy it.

but definately download One Hit, Had It With You and Sleep. Those are must owns. Fight's a good rocker too.

Downloading now. Wish me luck...
October 6th, 2005 06:37 PM
Saint Sway good luck !

and enjoy - folks can slag Dirty Work all they want but those songs kick ass
October 6th, 2005 06:58 PM
Stray Cat UK The new Kate Bush album,due in November.

12 yrs since the last one !

A unique talent IMHO

sc uk
October 6th, 2005 07:20 PM
Soldatti Neil Young's new album.
October 6th, 2005 08:12 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Neil Young's new album.

That's my next one too. Would have bought it by now but have been devoting myself to all STONES marathon until I see them live (will see them twice over the next few weeks).
October 6th, 2005 08:41 PM
winter If you like country twang, you MUST buy the new Ryan Adams!

wintah
October 6th, 2005 08:45 PM
Surround Sister I never buy records anymore (But I listen to them
and collect the music); but if I did it would probably be something by Patti Smith, later or earlier stuff. Plus the edited & re-released Nuggets box sets.
[Edited by Surround Sister]
October 6th, 2005 11:32 PM
CraigP The new BUCKCHERRY album: "15"
October 6th, 2005 11:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Next? Prairie Wind...maybe. Maybe the next cool shit I find in the "cheap bin'...like I picked up "Family Style" for 50 cents last week. Maybe Sticky Fingers...which I've been meaning to pick up for awhile but haven't got around to it yet. Maybe Johnny Winter's last one "I'm a Bluesman, I dunno....jeez...so much music not enough time.
October 7th, 2005 12:04 AM
Egbert
quote:
scratched wrote:

Same here! Only $7.99 on Amazon, but the cover keeps scaring me away...
October 7th, 2005 03:09 AM
winter
quote:
CraigP wrote:
The new BUCKCHERRY album: "15"

are they back to together? is josh todd back in the band?

is so, this is good news
October 7th, 2005 03:44 AM
egon live bang
October 7th, 2005 07:47 AM
pavlovs dog Wandering Spirit by Mick Jagger
Crusade by John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers
I've Got My Own Album to Do by Ron Wood
a T-Bone Walker album
a Son House, Charlie Patton or Bukka White album
October 7th, 2005 08:00 AM
Madafaka I'm buying Argentinian music at this moment and I've buyed Clapton's newest album.
October 7th, 2005 08:18 AM
Jumacfly dandy warhols : odditorium (this band is great)
the warlocks
whomadewho (danish electro)
rinocerose
October 7th, 2005 10:41 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'll pm you when it arrives and send you copies

I read in the Crowes thread that you were at the Friday Philly show. I went both nights. Fuckin amazing!!! Marc & Rich together on Pink Floyd's "Fearless" was the highlight of the tour!! Fridays show was in my top 5 of all-time. Even HTH was a totally diffrent arrangement. And Tied Up & Swallowed!!!! Plus Dylans "Forever Young".... Pawnshop! Cypress Tree... and 2X As Hard litterally rocked the foundation. Great time!!! They are playing at their zenith right now.

Tied Up and Roadside Tragedy made my night. Forever Young was cool but not as cool as North Country would've been. Fearless being in the first crowd to hear them do Fearless was nice too. wanted to go to both shows but didn't come through, and I'm kinda glad I didn't because of cash. by looking at the setlists, the 2nd night was where it was at. the show would'be been a lot better without the jam at the end of Nonfiction. the band was the best I've seen them yet.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)