ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Jovi offer Rolling Stones Opening Slot Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 6th, 2005 11:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BON JOVI OFFER ROLLING STONES OPENING SLOT

BON JOVI have cheekily offered THE ROLLING STONES a support slot at their concert opening London's brand new Wembley Stadium, after beating the rock veterans to land the gig.

The selection of US band Bon Jovi over the British Stones to be the first group to play the UK's most prestigious stadium on 11 June next year (06) surprised music industry insiders.

But singer JON BON JOVI doesn't mind allowing the SIR MICK JAGGER-fronted veterans support his band at the concert.

He says, "Well, it's booked, but if they really want to open the venue, they can go on before us.

"I think that's a great idea."

Bon Jovi were also the final act to play the historic venue prior to its demolition.

06/10/2005 14:05
contact music

October 6th, 2005 11:58 AM
ResidentMule "Bon Jovi were also the final act to play the historic venue prior to its demolition. "

unfortunate that they had wait until after Bon Jovi left the stage to demolish it
October 6th, 2005 12:03 PM
Dan If they get to play a full set I don't really see the problem. Gazza wont have to endure Bon Jovi and he can get to bed early without any of the residual nightmares witnessing such a horrific event might inspire.
October 6th, 2005 12:11 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
BON JOVI OFFER ROLLING STONES OPENING SLOT

BON JOVI have cheekily offered THE ROLLING STONES a support slot at their concert opening London's brand new Wembley Stadium, after beating the rock veterans to land the gig.

The selection of US band Bon Jovi over the British Stones to be the first group to play the UK's most prestigious stadium on 11 June next year (06) surprised music industry insiders.

But singer JON BON JOVI doesn't mind allowing the SIR MICK JAGGER-fronted veterans support his band at the concert.

He says, "Well, it's booked, but if they really want to open the venue, they can go on before us.

"I think that's a great idea."

Bon Jovi were also the final act to play the historic venue prior to its demolition.

06/10/2005 14:05
contact music

***************BLANK FRIGGIN STARE*************************
October 6th, 2005 12:13 PM
Stray Cat UK SUPPORT BAD JOKEY - NEVER NEVER NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please delete this topic before my wife spots it !

She'll wind me up for weeks.

Definite grounds for divorce / murder !!!!!!!!!

IT'S ONLY A VENUE - I HOPE BON JOVI SOUND SHITE - er, I know they always do.I meant the acoustics !

sc uk
[Edited by Stray Cat UK]
October 6th, 2005 12:18 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
"Bon Jovi were also the final act to play the historic venue prior to its demolition. "

unfortunate that they had wait until after Bon Jovi left the stage to demolish it

Lol, yeah, they had to demolish a whole stadium in order to get rid of the stench, go figure!
October 6th, 2005 12:25 PM
telecaster On behalf of the United States of America, I apologize for unleashing Bon Jovi upon an unsuspecting world

We are truly sorry for this mishap
October 6th, 2005 12:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
October 6th, 2005 01:17 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
telecaster wrote:
On behalf of the United States of America, I apologize for unleashing Bon Jovi upon an unsuspecting world

So you should.
Apologies accepted. It doesn't change the horrible situation but at least we feel understood
October 6th, 2005 02:13 PM
glencar Bon Jovi is getting more annoying as he gets older...
October 6th, 2005 02:58 PM
Dan
quote:
telecaster wrote:
On behalf of the United States of America, I apologize for unleashing Bon Jovi upon an unsuspecting world

Seeing how much more popular he is in the rest of the world perhaps THEY should be apologizing to US for supporting him all these years.
October 6th, 2005 05:16 PM
Saint Sway I love that no one here complains about how theres always seems to be a new Bon Jovi thread here every other day.

I guess it explains why so many people here are fond of "Look What The Cat Dragged In"
October 6th, 2005 05:48 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I guess it explains why so many people here are fond of "Look What The Cat Dragged In"

Its an okay Stones song and a great Poison song.
October 6th, 2005 06:33 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I love that no one here complains about how theres always seems to be a new Bon Jovi thread here every other day.

Because on BonJ we can all agree, that's such a great feeling, nobody will dare to dispute the mass-bashing-orgy publicly

LWTCDI is a brilliant song BTW. Really.

October 6th, 2005 09:12 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I love that no one here complains about how theres always seems to be a new Bon Jovi thread here every other day.

Agree 100%.....Bon Jovi is the worst American band since Aerosmith..they suck, yet, are tremendously popular in the NorthEast and Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 6th, 2005 11:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Uhhh....two. Two Bon Jovi threads in what?.... the last 3 months and I'm not aware of any before that. I posted both of these and both had Stones content....not that it really matters. If you can find any more in the archives good luck. I might have missed one.
October 7th, 2005 01:16 AM
The Wick The fucking nerve of the prick. We'll see how the tosser is doing in 20 years. The only way he'll get people to show up and see him is if he's the opening act for the girl getting screwed by the donkey in Mexico, and his show will have nothing to do with music, but with giving Richie Sambora a reach around. The more disturbing thing is who would show up for that, but no more disturbing that any shit bag Bon Jovi record.
October 7th, 2005 01:34 AM
corgi37 Can JBJ's teeth get any bloody whiter???

Tico Torres - Man, i just love saying that.
October 7th, 2005 02:58 AM
sonicrock never never never never never never never
October 7th, 2005 03:49 AM
padre
quote:
jb wrote:
Bon Jovi is the worst American band since Aerosmith..they suck, yet, are tremendously popular in the NorthEast and Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am from Europe, but really wouldn't put Bon Jovi and Aerosmith on the same line. The first four Aerosmith albums (Aerosmith, Get your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks) were actually quite good. I can't say the same about the first four Bon Jovi albums.....
If Aerosmith would've quit after Pump, they would've left pretty good legacy. It's all downhill from there.
October 7th, 2005 01:47 PM
gimmekeef One has to assume the Stones didnt want this gig as I cant believe Bon Jovi out manueuvered them. After Bon Jovi soccer will actually look enetertaining though....
October 7th, 2005 01:55 PM
Saint Sway I was just thinking that Mick & Co should take Bon Jovi up on his little offer.

yeah, good luck following the Stones onstage at Wembley!

I'd love to see the Stones absolutely rock the place with a closing set of Sympathy > Brown Sugar > Satisfaction > encore > YCAGWYW > JJ Flash and then have Mick toss Bon Jovi the mic and say "good luck topping that, doucehbag!"
October 7th, 2005 02:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'll admit that at first I found it all quite amusing but after awhile a sick joke gets real, old real quick....

October 7th, 2005 02:17 PM
glencar The word "cloying" always rises to the surface when talking about Bon Jovi. Their last 2 big singles have been horrible.
October 7th, 2005 02:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Their last 2 big singles have been horrible.

Does that surprise you?
October 7th, 2005 02:26 PM
glencar Their initial stuff wasn't great by any means but it was classic arena rock fodder. This "Have A Nice Day" & "It's My Life" crap doesn't even rise to that level.
October 7th, 2005 02:39 PM
Gazza "classic" ??

YOU shall not be greeted!!!

Personally, I find the story quite funny. Even funnier was the way so many posters over on IORR couldnt see that it was tongue-in-cheek and acted like they were personally insulted
[Edited by Gazza]
October 7th, 2005 02:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

No..its because

a) the story was relevant to the Stones (as are most of the Bon Jovi threads on here of late as theyve generally related to them outmanoevring the Stones to play Wembley first)

and
b) wasnt along the lines of "Bon Jovi are fantastic. The Stones are shit"

Nor was it a thread that had nothing to do with Bon Jovi in the first place but was later hijacked by posts extolling how marvellous they are.
October 7th, 2005 02:44 PM
glencar Well, the word "fodder" sort of negated "Classic" as a postive term.
October 7th, 2005 02:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the story was relevant to the Stones (as are most of the Bon Jovi threads on here of late as theyve generally related to them outmanoevring the Stones to play Wembley first)

cool.

though thats not really news as theres 40 other bands that are out manuevering the Stones right now

tough times

[Edited by Saint Sway]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)