ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keef's hair?? Return to archive
October 5th, 2005 01:24 PM
nellcotecountryband at DC show, you could NOT see his bald spot. I was 7th row. I cannot see him allowing them to spraypaint his head with that crap, but it seems so. I know this is not musicially significant, but inquiring minds are interested.

also, i totally agree that the setlist is the weakest part of this tour, and all tours since 81. why not more tunes? you got me rockin in #2 spot every night is sooo lame. 'i'm a butcher cutting up meat' that is just poor and never should be played.

And god were the guitars loud and overdriven. it was like seeing motorhead or something. i loved it.

jj jimi
October 5th, 2005 01:28 PM
monkey_man A lot of musicians have their hair pieces/ weaves attached right before they go on stage to assure that they are attached strongly. It's amazing to see musicians that have more hair during the show than they did at soundcheck.
October 6th, 2005 08:13 AM
nellcotecountryband YEAH

Paul Stanley of Kiss

BUT KEEF RICHARDS???????????/

say it aint so man.
October 6th, 2005 05:20 PM
KeithRichardsWife Keith wearing fake hair seem's a little too weird if you ask me.
October 6th, 2005 06:50 PM
Saint Sway its the dying of his hair thats weird to me

I dont care that Keith's hair is thinning. Thats like the fools that make fun of his wrinkes. Its like - WAKE THE FUCK UP - its Keith Richards!!!!! We're all lucky he's alive and kicking ass - who cares if he's wrinkly and sporting a bald patch. In fact, it only adds to his vampire cool.

the thing that is lame about his hair - fish hooks aside - is the dye job. Keith LOOKED SO COOL on the Bridges tour when he left his hair its natural white. It looked so bad ass all white and mangly, spiky crazy.

are we supposed to really believe that his hair magically turned black 10 years later???

it looked really cool on the Bridges tour - he should leave it like that!

Keith always got props for being elegantly wasted. Well, the silver hair, IMO, looks regal and cool. Its an elegantly wasted look and he should be balls enough to carry it!
October 6th, 2005 09:04 PM
jb Keith, as you recall, was almost completely bald on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. Sadly, he did not listen to my advice since 97, and take some of his back hair to cover his crown and add a little to his frontal hairline.
The last 2 tours, the bandanna covered the front, and in addtion to dying his hair, he used a product called Topek which is a powder like substance which binds to the fibers of your hair..hence, you could see his bald spot, but it was dimmer and the frontal hair pushed up by bandanna gave good coverage.
Having sat front row this tour, I am absolutely, 100% convinced Keith has added for the concert a very non-detectable hairpiec3e to cover the middle of his head..it happens to look great and natural as it blends with his remaining hair. I think he looks very good and it is not so obvious.
Gene Simmons wears the worst hairpiece in Rock-n-Roll..worse than Elton's and the lead sionger to 80's heavy metal band Quiet Riot. I assumd, but was not 100% sure Stanley wears a wig, b/c he alwasy had cool hair..he must have done it when he still had hair as I never saw him receding. Also, Bill Wyman's hair is beyond description.....
October 6th, 2005 09:15 PM
monkey_man Kirk Hammett's hair grows exponentially between soundcheck and performance. He has both plugs and major hair weave.
MM
October 6th, 2005 09:22 PM
jb
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Kirk Hammett's hair grows exponentially between soundcheck and performance. He has both plugs and major hair weave.
MM

I apologize ..who is Kirk hammett?
And your Delay comment isd hilarious....A Sean Hannity/ Bil;l O'Reiley "talking point" for sure.......Fox News all week attacking DAS and that one of the grand juries did not issur an indicment...as a lawyer, I can tell you that hapens all the fucking time...the real problem here, is they won't based on what I have seen, show intent or direct connection, even though it is patently obvious to any non-partisan with a pea for a brain.
October 6th, 2005 11:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, he did not listen to my advice since 97, and take some of his back hair to cover his crown and add a little to his frontal hairline.

Well, Jacko's plastic surgeon transfered some of Jacko's pubic hair to make him a beard one time.
October 7th, 2005 04:32 AM
stonesmik
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Well, Jacko's plastic surgeon transfered some of Jacko's pubic hair to make him a beard one time.

Jacko ever had pubic hair? It's all news to me.
October 7th, 2005 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Funny!
October 7th, 2005 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Funny!

No it's not. It's pathetic.
October 7th, 2005 03:54 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:
I apologize ..who is Kirk hammett?

Guitarist for Metallica. . .he's got to keep his metal street cred by continuing to have long "hair." You'll see 'em if you come to SF for the Stones!
MM
October 7th, 2005 05:59 PM
kath i agree about the dye job. he looks great with his salt and pepper hair. i was disappointed to see that he had dyed it. but what are you gonna do, eh? i mean, it was probably that damned L'Wren...did he to him as he slept.....
October 7th, 2005 07:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
stonesmik wrote:

Jacko ever had pubic hair?

He did indeed. Jordy Chandler's
October 7th, 2005 08:09 PM
kath among others......
October 8th, 2005 07:36 AM
Ramrod Charlie was bald at the crown in about'83.
October 8th, 2005 08:34 AM
jb
quote:
Ramrod wrote:
Charlie was bald at the crown in about'83.

and looks better now!!
October 8th, 2005 11:12 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
and looks better now!!

he's the best,cuz he absolutely doesnt give a fuck
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)