ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Drinking Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 24th, 2005 01:09 PM
egon i love germany.
September 24th, 2005 01:16 PM
nankerphelge Got home at 10:45 last night and drank 2 bottles of Chianti!!
September 24th, 2005 01:50 PM
LadyJane Stayed up drinkin til 6 a.m.

I'm training for the NY Summit.

LJ.
September 24th, 2005 03:09 PM
stewed & Keefed Back home after a good session,Quick dinner,now back out to the local pub to see a Blues Brothers tribute band,and a lager frenzy
September 25th, 2005 12:11 AM
LadyJane So much for not drinking tonight........in honor of the premiere of SWAY I raise my Jack and Coke to the greatest band of all time,,,,The Rolling Stones!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
September 25th, 2005 04:56 AM
egon i'm blind
September 25th, 2005 07:09 AM
Col Anyone drinking on Sunday morn? I don't usually do this but ach, fuck it. Stones are a-playing and vodka is a-flowing. I've been holding back for a couple of months cause i'm in training for the London and Paris marathons,I think i'm entitled to a weekend off. After a couple more drinks, I might even play Bang!
September 25th, 2005 12:09 PM
egon usually i'm STILL drinking on the sunday mornig
September 25th, 2005 01:48 PM
nankerphelge
September 25th, 2005 03:28 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Super fine!
September 25th, 2005 03:48 PM
egon gotta love the heineken marketing team.
September 26th, 2005 09:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I have a dilemma. It's 9:22 AM (EST) on monday morning. I have a huge stack of paper work on my desk, I have an ice cold 12 pack of beer in the fridge. Both are crying out to me for attention. The problem is I can't work and drink at the same time. Oh well, why worry about today what I can put off until tomorrow? The beer is winning....
September 26th, 2005 09:40 AM
Zeeta The weekend was heavy........

Magners!!!!!!!!

I awoke after a night out, on my couch - beer in hand about 5.30 - polished the beer (Nastro) and went to bed!

September 26th, 2005 09:54 AM
egon
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The problem is I can't work and drink at the same time.

Now who on earth told you that?
September 26th, 2005 10:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
egon wrote:
Now who on earth told you that?

My own scientific experiments.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
September 27th, 2005 07:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
September 27th, 2005 07:13 AM
FotiniD I just had the two first Amstels of my life last Friday. Age 24. Better late than never I suppose.
September 27th, 2005 08:29 AM
egon you make me very proud

amstel is not much different from heineken,
and they come form the same brewery.
you are very wise for your age.

oh and don't read what angie posted herebelow
(and i know she will), cos she's just a bitter bitter person.
September 27th, 2005 09:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Beer T-shirts not for boys

J.C. Penney says ads a mistake

New York Times News Service

The back-to-school sales push did not turn out to be happy hour for J.C. Penney. In the company's Aug. 28 sale circular that was inserted in Sunday newspapers across the country, a ''Back to School 2005'' logo is superimposed on T-shirts promoting Guinness, Budweiser, Miller and Corona beers and Crown Royal whiskey.

Alcohol industry watchdogs and parents fired off angry letters to J.C. Penney, which has agreed to stop what appeared to be an effort to market beer- and liquor-branded shirts directly to teenagers.

''There have been alcohol-branded T-shirts in stores for a long time, but what's new here is the brazenness of J.C. Penney marketing this as a back-to-school product,'' said Amon Rappaport, a spokesman for the Marin Institute, a group based in San Rafael that monitors the alcohol industry. ''It begs the question of why is J.C. Penney doing the alcohol industry's dirty work of marketing to kids.''

Daphne Avila, a spokeswoman for J.C. Penney, said that advertising the T-shirts as back-to-school items was a mistake.

''We certainly understand parents' concerns, and we don't want to associate ourselves with promoting alcohol to youth,'' she said.

Beer companies who turned up in the ads are distancing themselves from the marketing. John Kaestner, vice president of consumer affairs at Anheuser-Busch, said in a written response, ''We are adamantly opposed to underage drinking, and we never want our intentions to be misperceived by having our licensed merchandise placed or advertised incorrectly by a store.''

Some parents discovered the T-shirts displayed in ''young men's'' departments of J.C. Penney stores, a practice that Anheuser-Busch and Diageo, which produces Guinness, demanded be stopped, the companies stated in letters to the Marin Institute. Avila said that J.C. Penney recently instructed its 1,020 stores ''to reposition the shirts more within our mature men's department.''

A Dartmouth Medical School study of 2,406 fifth- through eighth-graders presented at a medical conference in May found that 15 percent had experimented with alcohol. Middle-school students who owned ''alcohol promotional items,'' including hats and T-shirts, were more likely to be drinkers than those without the garb, according to Dr. James D. Sargent, a pediatrician and co-author of the study.
September 28th, 2005 08:51 AM
egon hmmm,; what a surprise; on page 2 again.

September 29th, 2005 03:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Rolling Stones guitarist says being sober is dull

London: Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood says he is struggling to quit drinking alcohol because he finds life without booze "boring".

According to contactmusic.com, Wood seems to be determined to stay off alcohol but finds it a constant struggle and yearns for his younger, wilder days.

But he thanks his band mates for standing by him and being a strong support.

He says: "Without alcohol it's a bit boring. Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts are very supportive. Keith Richards had a barbeque at his place and there was beer, wine and vodka, so I only stayed a little while. It's a 40-year habit. It's hard to change the ways of a lifetime. It's the Stones - it's hard to kick the party aspect."

September 29th, 2005 05:25 AM
egon went for "A" beer with a friend last night.
so we had 3 each and then another one on the house.
i was very pleased.
September 29th, 2005 06:04 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Met an ex girlfriend for a drink last night and rediscoverd my love for Pinot Grigio. Lovely stuff
September 29th, 2005 06:28 AM
egon
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
my love for Pinot Grigio.

funny name for a girl.

Nank!

[Edited by egon]
September 29th, 2005 01:54 PM
Some Guy Please let me die- Drinking Thread.
September 29th, 2005 02:20 PM
nankerphelge Ronnie said: "It's the Stones - it's hard to kick the party aspect."

Tell me about it Ronald!

September 30th, 2005 07:59 AM
egon DON'T waste money on expensive ipods. Simply think of your favourite
tune and hum it. If you want to "switch tracks", simply think of
another song you like and hum that instead.

RAPPERS. Avoid having to say 'know what I'm sayin' all the time by
actually speaking clearly in the first place.

DON'T waste money on expensive paper shredders to avoid having your
identity stolen. Simply place a few dog turds in the bin bags along
with your old bank statements.

BURGLARS. When fleeing from the police, run with your right arm
sticking out at 90°, wrapped in a baby mattress in case they set one
of their dogs on you.

EMPLOYERS Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the
CVs into the bin.

MEN When listening to your favourite CD, simply turn up the sound to
the volume you desire; then turn it down three notches. This will save
your wife from having to do it.

BLIND PEOPLE Give yourself at least a chance of seeing something by
not wearing heavy dark glasses all the time.

DRIVERS. If a car breaks down or stalls in front of you, beep your
horn and wave your arms frantically. This should help the car start
and send them on their way.

PREVENT burglars stealing everything in the house by simply moving
everything in the house into your bedroom when you go to bed. In the
morning, simply move it all back again.

CAR thieves Don't be discouraged when nothing is on view. All the
valuables may be hidden in the glove box or under a seat.

SHOES last twice as long if only worn every other day.

SINGLE men Convince people that you have a girlfriend by standing
outside Etam with several bags of shopping, looking at your watch and
occasionally glancing inside.

McDONALD'S Make your brown carrier bags green in colour so they blend
in with the countryside after they've been thrown out of car windows.
[Edited by egon]
September 30th, 2005 08:02 AM
egon

[Edited by egon]
September 30th, 2005 10:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Thinking beer mat invented

A beer mat that calls for a refill when the pint is almost empty has been invented by scientists in Germany.

The electronic beer mat was created by computer scientists Andreas Butz of the University of Munich and Michael Schmitz of Saarland University.

Beneath the cardboard surface is a small, flat baseplate which conceals pressure and acceleration sensors that react to the weight of the glass and the position and movement of the coasters.

The microsensors then pass on this information via radio link to the bar, where the signal is picked up and decoded by a waiting computer.

The customer can speed the order up by "flapping" the beer mat, and can order more beers by using a stack of mats to express the number of drinks ordered.

The inventors say the thinking beer mat is also capable of more than just ordering a refill.

It could also for example be used to judge the performance of a karaoke singer or to give an opinion on referee decisions on big-screen matches in sports bars.

A "Yes" vote, for instance, could be registered by raising the glass, causing the sensors to move.

A "No" would be registered by raising the glass and then turning the cardboard mat over and replacing it on the baseplate, thus causing a telltale double movement of the sensors.

ananova
September 30th, 2005 10:59 AM
egon what's wrong with; "yoh buddy, more beer!" ?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)