ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Flashpoint/Collectibles Return to archive
10-07-02 07:25 PM
full moon I just found out about this 2 cd set that comes in a leather case.. What is it.. Is the second cd extra " live" songs?? Help.. Thanks...
10-07-02 08:16 PM
Mr T tell me more - I've never heard of this
10-07-02 10:22 PM
gotdablouse Interesting question...
It depends, really.
Let me claridy. The official bonus CD is a collection of rare b-sides like "Wish I'd Never Met You", "Cook Cook" and Winning Ugly IV (!) I think. Nothing very remarkable. The most interesting thing in there are the notes, which sparked a major discussion 5 years ago when the karnbach book came out. He (wrongly) says Cook Cook was recorded for Steel Wheels while the credits here say 1985.
Interestingly enough a version from 1982 has now surfaced, hehe..

The second version of the CD is a bootleg with interviews and two endless (15+ minutes) Keith unreleased songs called (from memory) She Put The Mark on Me and Almost Hear You Sigh (used in much more listenable version for SW)
10-07-02 11:23 PM
full moon Have done some research.. Comes in a red and black leather case.. The 2nd disc has 10 tracks.. Cook Cook Blues, Fancy Man Blues, Miss You (long version) and other bsides and rarities.. I just purchased it at www.gemm.com . There are about 7 or 8 copies of this at the site.. A great site for boots and other rarities..
10-08-02 12:31 AM
KeepRigid Hey full moon, it's a nice little find. I still spin it every now and then for a few tracks like Wish I'd Never Met You, Miss You, and a remix of Mixed Emotions that I always dug.

It also has the live b-side of Beast of Burden...always loved Mick's 'I don't want no- beast of burden' lyric change.
10-08-02 12:35 AM
justinkurian Full Moon,
How much did you pay for that? Seemed a bit expensive...
10-08-02 01:23 AM
padre I bought that Collectibles -extra cd from Spain separately a few years back and it cost only a few bucks.