ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones/Elvis: UK Charts (Billboard) Return to archive
10-07-02 11:14 AM
justinkurian From Billboard.com:

Elvis Edges The Stones On U.K. Chart

"Not even the Rolling Stones could dethrone the King from the top of the U.K. album chart yesterday (Oct. 6), as "Elvis: 30 #1 Hits" (RCA) remained at No. 1 despite the advance of the Stones' "Forty Licks" compilation (Virgin/ABKCO/Decca), which debuted at No. 2. The heavyweights last shared top-5 space in the U.K. 25 years ago this week, when the Stones' "Love You Live" debuted at No. 3 and Elvis Presley's "Moody Blue" fell 3-5."
[Edited by justinkurian]
10-07-02 12:18 PM
jb Sad to behind a bloated, pill popping guy like Elvis. To even compare his music to the Stones is an insult to any true rock fan. I give him credit for being an "original" , but lets be honest, he appeals to 60yr old housewives who visit Graceland annually....
[Edited by jb]
10-07-02 12:28 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
Sad to behind a bloated, pill popping guy like Elvis. To even compare his music to the Stones is an insult to any true rock fan. I give him credit for being an "original" , but lets be honest, he appeals to 60yr old housewives who visit Graceland annually....
[Edited by jb]

Your stupidest post yet...and you've posted many of them
[Edited by lucasd4]
10-07-02 12:32 PM
Maxlugar The only difference between the two, to me, is I'll be buying the Elvis one.

Hey, I don't have that much Elvis on CD! This is the perfect release for me.

10-07-02 12:33 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
10-07-02 12:36 PM
KeepRigid Hand it to the King, he keeps his kingdom happy.

Or he must, as his people don't hesitate to buy a new cd that is filled with songs they already have on a dozen compilations- or even complain that the album has changed some of their beloved classics around.
10-07-02 12:48 PM
Maxlugar Wait! Some of those Elvis tunes are changed around? I don't like that.

What do you mean Keepy?
10-07-02 01:10 PM
KeepRigid Due to remixing, a few of the songs are slightly different. (ie. The Wonder of You, which even features a few different lines.)
10-07-02 01:12 PM
stonesmik
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Hand it to the King, he keeps his kingdom happy. Or he must, as his people don't hesitate to buy a new cd that is filled with songs they already have on a dozen compilations

These people just don't know how to use a computer playlist, let alone a CD burner, that's all.
10-07-02 01:41 PM
KeepRigid "These people just don't know how to use a computer playlist, let alone a CD burner, that's all."

Actually, I subscribed to those newsgroups where the Orpheum shows were posted, and all I kept receiving were Elvis files.
10-07-02 01:44 PM
stonesmik
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Actually, I subscribed to those newsgroups where the Orpheum shows were posted, and all I kept receiving were Elvis files.

I didn't say Elvis fans can't handle a computer (I like Elvis myself). But I'm sure the majority of the buyers of this no. 1 CD can't handle a computer the way we can. including mp3, burning, newsgroups, etc
10-07-02 01:46 PM
jb ..
[Edited by jb]