ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Long Awaited NYC Saga Return to archive
10-06-02 10:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot So here it is in all it's glory...the long promised, oft delayed, NYC Trifecta review.

Well, since FPM C10's epic post of "MSG" was so dead on, I'll simply refer you to that particular post...I'll just fill in some gaps.

Stupid traffic. Cost me a big pile of YOTI time. Had to bail out of FPM's chariot on W 42nd St and hoof it the 12 blocks to the YOTI. When I arrived, I was quite moist. Seems that in my haste I decided I didn't really need an umbrella. My bad...it went from misty to torrential downpour in the span of half a block.

Anyhow, as soon as I hit the YOTI, I felt like Norm from Cheers. My peeps was all grabbing me, and hugging me, I even felt some lips on my cheeks. I sure as hell hope that was Jaxx or AZQB...if not, one of you hairy fuckers went all SDH on me.

Someone offered me a beer, and my friends for the first time in my life I said no. Nope, no beer for SS. I got me a Tanq & Tonic instead. Beer just wasn't gonna cut it after the drenching that I just got. Somewhere out of the glooming came a spanish inflected voice....Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaarc!

It was none other than Gerardo! Little did I know that my extra ticket was meant for him! Wooooooo, was that fella drunk! I have no idea how to say that he was flying in spanish...but that's what he was doing. Man, I think back to all the friendly faces that were there....Gazza(How'd you get so short dude? Guinness make you shrink, or what?), Maxmeister, Jaxx(TMB-Total Mountain Babe), moonie(My man. Nobody better fuck with him from now on. He is my hero.), nanky(Thanks for fixing me up bro.), Scopey(C10A all the way...GoobaGabba one of us), Luxy(Should get a job giving HOT lessons), Annie(Magically Babelicious, good thing yer hubby was there, or I'd have gobbled you up!), Riffy & Maxy....Was there anyone else? I dunno. People kept shoving T&Ts into my hand as fast as I could swallow them...Thanks all! So Nanky and Luxy get my head right, and Moonie, Nankster, & I hail a cab and head for MSG. At that time I had no idea how I was getting back to PA. After one last preshow cocktail at MSG we headed into our seats.

No sooner did I find my seat(good 'uns!), than FPM & Dandelion found me! Talk about needle in a haystack. We make plans to meet up after the show...and luckily I remembered where the after party was.

The show.....Whoa. Good stuff there. Some thoughts....

Mick Jagger is indeed the 9th Wonder Of The World.

New York audiences are pretty loud.

You should always arrange for a meeting place when bailing out of a car that is your way home.

C10ers kick serious party ass.

My recording of the MSG show came out decent. At least as good as the Fleet show that we tree'd here, maybe even better.

Ronnie opened up a can of 100% Whoop Ass during CYHMK.

What the hell happened to the G-man? He never showed up to sit beside me. That's prolly a good thing, or my recording would have had Gerardo croaking "Jumping Jack Flash" on it!

Rocks Off chicks are really good looking. No lie.

FPM gives good review.

OK, so part 2, Giant's Stadium, tomorrow.
10-07-02 09:36 AM
Joey " I sure as hell hope that was Jaxx or AZQB...if not, one of you hairy fuckers went all SDH on me. "

You make Joey giggle ..........................

10-07-02 10:21 AM
Maxlugar Funny thing is, I'm almost positive that was me.

I was very exuberant at YOTI!

Kunta Max-ay!
10-07-02 01:01 PM
Jaxx nice wrap up. it was indeed a pleasure to meet up with you. i do recall my lips on your cheek....
10-07-02 01:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Phew. I'm glad it was you, and not one of of those drunken louts(I mean that with all possible affection) that was hanging about.

Part 2, Giant's Stadium, later tonight.
10-07-02 01:40 PM
steel driving hammer I Need You Marc...
10-07-02 01:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot Whoa. Sounds serious.

Just e me bro. I'll be there.
10-07-02 04:21 PM
steel driving hammer How bout I call ya?

Haven't got my Fleet boot yet!
Sent 3 shows already to my branch and he replied and said thanks 2 weeks ago!

No Fleet yet...?

I don't have ANY 2002 shows yet.

Heard about those board club gigs, and it's driving me nuts.
10-07-02 04:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm on 4pm to 12mid. You'll have to call during the day.
10-07-02 06:26 PM
steel driving hammer Fuck 4PM to Just about Midnight!

I'm calling you at work, it's a 911 Emergency!

Cheers you rival brother ;^)