ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Holy Hartford Return to archive
10-06-02 11:36 AM
winter Just got back to Beantown, What a show in Hartford last night!!!! Simply the best show I've seen them do. The MVP for the night was Mick FUCKING Jagger. His energy level was damn near that of '81. I don't know if he read Mr. Friedman's crap article the other day, but he clearly had a purpose last night.

Runner up - Ronnie Wood. He kicked as on CYHMK, great slide on Love in Vain. Great stage antics, really interacted with the crowd. Tons of energy.

The sound was incredible last night, very guitar rich, very clear. Even the b-stage sound was pretty damn good. The Strokes did as fine a job as any I've seen as an opener (although I've missed most).

The Stones could have easily put this one on cruise contral, as Hartford is quite a small market. Instead they played and sang their hearts and souls out. I still can't believe Mick's performance last night.

I'll try to give more detail later, for now I got to get some rest.
10-07-02 10:55 AM
jb Hey Wintah...Dolphins=Winners...Patriots=Patsies!!!!
10-07-02 10:55 AM
jb sorry
[Edited by jb]
10-07-02 11:09 AM
winter JB:

Yeah, the Phins looked pretty damn tough. Pats looked pathetic. We'll have to see how round 2 goes up here in late December.

I leave for your neck of the woods thurday afternoon. Go canes!

wintah
10-07-02 11:12 AM
jb Going to the FSU game? Should be great...Tennesse does not look as threatening given the difficult overtime victory this weekend. I hate Frank Beamer and those Rednecks from Virginia Tech...This will be the game that decides if we will win our 6th national Championship in 20 yrs!!!!
As far as dolphins/Pats...our defense played strong and Ricky Willaims has made a big difference. I wish we had a runner like him during the Marino Era...have fun in Fla....however, I do not think Joe's Stone Crab is open yet!
[Edited by jb]
10-07-02 11:49 AM
winter JB:

Tennesse still scares me because we are playing up there, talk about rednecks. I think you're right about Joe's. I was planning on hitting the Tuscan Steak House, and either China Grill or Tantra, anyway.

winter