ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elvis At #1 - Where Are We? Return to archive
10-05-02 12:55 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Weeeeeelllllll? Does Forty Licks not enter the chart until next week?

I hope so... knock the King offa his high horse there. I love Elvis... but I love the artists he cover more. Elvis was a phenomenon because radio stations were so absolutely *stupid* they wouldn't play "black music" (read: "good music") and left us with crappy soul covers by pasty little white kids with nothing better to do than impress their friends.

-tSYX --- Well-ah one, thing, one thing to, one thing to remember is I (ahhhhhhh) could have...
10-05-02 01:03 PM
gimmekeef Where are we???On tour kickin ass and still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't Stop!!!
10-05-02 01:12 PM
hipshake Well they knocked him off top spot in the uk. It's the Virgin chart which is usually a good guide.
10-05-02 01:15 PM
JaggaRichards Don't knock Elvis about black music-he opened many a white eye to R&B, like the Stones did in the 60's.
10-05-02 01:53 PM
KeepRigid If Elvis sold more than 500,000 his first week, let's hope the estimated 300,000+ for the Stones is conservative.

In the words of Charlie Watts, "I want a number one."

Good news from the UK, but I would expect both the King and the Stones to remain in the Top Ten throughout the Christmas season.
10-05-02 02:13 PM
justinkurian Hey KeepRigid...
Where's that Charlie quote from? (and when?)
10-05-02 02:15 PM
Mother baby
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
....I love Elvis... but I love the artists he cover more.

Yeah, he had the "sixth" sense on that. Great Antennas.
10-05-02 02:33 PM
stonesmik
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Hey KeepRigid...
Where's that Charlie quote from? (and when?)

Yes I'd like to know that, too.
10-05-02 03:42 PM
Boomhauer Well, in the US we probably won't find out how the album charts until Wednesday or Thursday.
10-06-02 12:08 AM
KeepRigid It's actually a quote from Ronnie, discussing the band's (at the time) new single, 'Like A Rolling Stone'.

Ronnie: "In the words of Charlie Watts, (mock-Charlie voice) 'I want a number one.' Well...I see no reason why not."

10-06-02 07:45 AM
stonesmik Thanks.