ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: @$! What The Chuck? @#$ Return to archive
10-05-02 12:51 PM
Martini I was listening to the 9/8 Boston and 9/10 Chicago shows last night, and I must say that the band is in amazing form. I don�t think anyone in the band has sounded better. The two-guitar attack is back for the first time in years. Amazing! The songs they have been playing are truly mind-blowing. In my opinion, this already is the greatest tour of their career.

I only have one problem with the tour so far, and yes, it deals with Chuck Leavell. They need to mix him down A LOT more, because his piano banging is damn near screwing up the tunes. Soon after I heard the transcendent opening riffs to �Street Fighting Man� from Chicago, I hear this �TINK TINK TINK! TINK TINK TINK!� like my 3-year-old nephew is doing a weak imitation of Linus from the Peanuts gang. Unfortunately, it was the sound of Chuck Leavell mixed way too high-�and he stayed high in the mix for the rest of the show.

Now, I�m fine with him being a part of the touring ensemble, but if any members of the Stones organization are reading this, please remember that Chuck is not a real band member so he should not be treated like one when the sound guys are establishing the mix.

-M
10-06-02 11:27 PM
Roland Aparently somebody agrees with you and turned him down. He was lower in the mix at FedEx than I've ever heard.
10-07-02 01:19 AM
T&A I was at the 9/8 Boston show and Chuck was much lower in the mix than in past tours - and the guitars were in-yo-face.

T&A
10-07-02 01:56 PM
jb To bad the wrong "Chuck" left the house.
10-07-02 05:34 PM
Mickjagger1963 I guess I am in the minority I love a good piano rythm behind the guitars, and even more I like a good piano solo ( HTW ) But either way it does not make or break a show for me.
10-07-02 05:41 PM
stonesmik First that guy'd need to learn the difference between a decent piano and a fuckin keyboard before it's time to mix him anywhere.