ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Don't Sell Out, for Once Return to archive
10-04-02 08:25 PM
Jaxx Friday, October 04, 2002
By Roger Friedman

Rolling Stones | Bruce Paltrow

Rolling Stones Don't Sell Out, for Once

So many times the Stones have been accused of selling out. Now, they can't get arrested.

How frightening is this? Last night at 10 p.m. I was still able to reserve a row of 12 $300 tickets for tonight's Stones show in Washington. The seats are Section A4, Row 24, Seats 16 to 27.

Mick Jagger, left, Charlie Watts, background, and Keith Richards, right, of The Rolling Stones

It's not just the $300 seats that are available either. I was able to reserve a row of $90 spots too, Section 125, Row 12, Seats 8 to 17. The situation seems to be the same in other cities, where I was able to reserve rows of all denominations.

Of course, then there's the absolutely frightening cover of Rolling Stone that depicts Keith Richards as desiccated, or edgy for the AARP set. Aside from the small club shows, the Stones seem adrift, truly without purpose.

The only bright spot may be a top five finish next week for their Forty Licks greatest hits CD. But at $29.99 retail, it may be that most fans are going for the expensive CD instead of the outrageous live ticket. At least Mick doesn't forget the words.

10-04-02 08:46 PM
Scottfree They really need to drop the prices when it's a couple, few days from game time, and there are that many open! Course that might open a can of worms!! I've never seen a can of worms before by the way...
10-04-02 08:55 PM
Scot Rocks WTF!!!!!!!!!

What a prick, I hear the Sun is need of a new columist, he should be interested. The frightning thing is that people like that are employed as journalists!!!!!!!!I should get a job easily if that is the case though lol!!!!!

as we say in these parts..."I wouldn't wipe my arse with it"
Nuff said

Now back to the greatest band in the world and a incredible world fuckin tour.

Mark
10-05-02 01:18 PM
Pants Make the Man I read on Shidoobee that attendance was 52,000, the largest crowd yet for this tour. The Rolling Stones alway's, and I mean alway's, prove their critic's wrong. In that respect, Steven Tyler must have his foot knee deep in Joey Kramer's ass right about now. Watch your back, Joey.
10-05-02 01:43 PM
Mother baby
quote:
By Roger Friedman
Rolling Stones | Bruce Paltrow

..."the Stones seem adrift, truly without purpose."

So? What's wrong with that?
I kind of like people who are "adrift, truly without purpose".
10-05-02 01:57 PM
gotdablouse What 40 Licks at #5, not bad !!!!!!
It's the first CD I bought in...er...2 years, that's maybe why, alhtough it was $19.99 at Borders minus 20% coupon.

Let's face it guys, he does have a point about the prices being outrageous. Macca got a bad rap about his prices 6 months ago but his where significantl lower. The $80 seat I bought for his show in Okland is $150 for the Stones, it's ridiculous.
10-05-02 10:04 PM
BILL PERKS I WAS THERE LAST NIGHT PEEPS, AND THERE WERE LESS EMPTY SEATS THAN VET STADIUM.CROWD WAS FANTASTIC,A SUPERB SHOW INDEED.
10-06-02 12:25 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! I don't know what this cat is on, but the show looked pretty full to me and the crowd was way into it. It's always some little prick wanting to stir things up.
10-06-02 10:28 AM
Ken
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I WAS THERE LAST NIGHT PEEPS, AND THERE WERE LESS EMPTY SEATS THAN VET STADIUM.CROWD WAS FANTASTIC,A SUPERB SHOW INDEED.

For FedEx I saw hundreds of folks at the box office buying tickets day of show. They had a very good crowd.

As for the Vet I can't figure that one out. I kept trying to buy the $50 seats in the upper levels and they never showed up. They just didn't sell those for some reason.
Almost the entire upper level at the Vet was empty, but if they would have put them up for sale I'm sure they would have sold.

Ken
10-06-02 11:03 AM
Sir Stonesalot My humble opinion about the Vet is that not everyone went to both of the big shows...they did one or the other. Not both.

DC didn't have that problem. They got one show. I think that's also why they got CYHMK in a stadium. There was no arena to play it in.

Does anyone know if TV sales count towards chart count? I know music club sale don't...but how about direct marketing?