ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I am currently smoking Vancouver Weed ! Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-04-02 03:22 PM
Nasty Habits Aaaaauughhhh! Ruby Friday, where did your Flamin Groovies avatar go? That was the coolest!

A day I can make Max laugh is a day the sun shines on my guitar. (God, who am I even quoting there?)

10-04-02 05:16 PM
Joey ( Sic ) is used when the author realizes he is misspelling a ceetain word and is in too big of a hurry to look up the correct spelling in the dictionary or in this particular case go down to the local liquor store ( Berbeglia's ) and check out the correct spelling of Rumpleminz ( sic ) .

( Sic ) is also used when your parents decide to send you here :

www.HoweMilitary.com

Bam !!!!! Another Grand Slam .........

And now , This :

JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo *** Sic *** JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joey

{{{{ JOEY !!!! }}}}

Bunny Boy

10-04-02 05:28 PM
RubyFriday @Nasty

I just replaced it for the smoking theme

You like them,too ?(The Groovies)
[Edited by RubyFriday]
10-04-02 05:33 PM
Joey " Hey Joey,
Did you blow me that shotgun yet?I've been inhaling my monitor for over an hour now and I'm still not getting a hit?!What's the deal? "

Riffy ....

I just blew out some " Purple Haze " to you through my M - 16 rifle ( circa 1967 Vietnam era -- Saigon )

Enjoy

[{( JOEY !!!! )}]

10-04-02 06:59 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:
@Nasty

I just replaced it for the smoking theme

You like them,too ?(The Groovies)
[Edited by RubyFriday]

Well, you know what they say -- they were the Grooviest! That Norton compilation with all the acoustic demos and live cuts shows that they were the only American band that ever approached the tight but loose wamma jamma of Our Heroes. All bands brought to bat in that one thread about "heirs to the thrown" [sic] pale in comparison to the sonic majesty of the Flamin Groovies in full flight. Teenage Head and Flamenco are such great records, full of mighty rock roar, hilarious white boy blues, monstrous rockabilly and punk rock with chops and balls. And Teenage Head has "Yesterday's Papers" and "Whiskey Woman"! Those two reissues, with those genius bonus tracks. are fabulous holy grails for those seeking American hard rock with humor and guts from the early 70s but prefer their music more rooted in tradition than the free form spazz attack of the MC5 or the moronic brilliance of the Stooges. Not that the Flamin Groovies weren't stoopid(er) as/than Iggy, but the Groovies had more 50s rock 'n' roll in them than the Stooges ever had or wanted.
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
10-04-02 07:20 PM
The Eggman JOEY! man, u want me to hook ya up, iam from Winnipeg btw

just to get all your Canadian weed hook-ups
(captial of Manitoba)
10-04-02 08:04 PM
Jaxx actually, my esteemed attorneys (is THAT an oxymoron??)
according to this websters i'm reading, SIC is indeed latin, maxxy, and the literal latin translation is so or thus. it is an adverb that means INTENTIONALLY SO WRITTEN and it is used after a printed word or passage to indicate that it exactly reproduces an original.

LOL. true sir moonie, everything posted here assumes a sic...judicious? i'm howling at that one. LMAO. a good trait for a board nazi, eh, jb??
10-04-02 09:46 PM
Maxlugar Well jesus fucking christ! Thanks Jaxxxxxxxy! It's funny how only the women listen!

Actually I guess SirMoonsalot amsred it but he din't tell me he answered it.

Whatever.

The important thing is I now know what it means.

Good night John boy......
10-05-02 12:08 AM
stonedinaustralia well i am smoking south australian weed - simple possession is decriminalized here - that means it's still illegal but you just get a ticket (no court - no conviction)- growing 3 plants for "personal use" - is also decriminalized (sale or supply is still a big no no - as is smoking in public)

there's still a lot of fuss about it with the advent of the indoor set - ups - with dudes setting up networks of people to each grow their three under lights then pool the crops for a commercial sale

speaking of drugs generally -the last few days i've been suffering from an infected tooth - two trips to the dentist later the pain has finally gone but the swelling remains - no kidding, my left jaw (sic) is so swollen one half of my face looks like my avatar - talk about life imitating art!! - anyway, the upshot is the dentist gave me a script for some codeine and i've still got quite a bit left

what were we talking about again??

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-05-02 04:02 AM
RubyFriday
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Teenage Head and Flamenco are such great records, full of mighty rock roar, hilarious white boy blues, monstrous rockabilly and punk rock with chops and balls. And Teenage Head has "Yesterday's Papers" and "Whiskey Woman"! Those two reissues, with those genius bonus tracks.

<<<< Not to forget Supersnazz , Sneakers and the fabulous version of "Jumping Jack Flash".I also love the Dave Edmunds produced "Now" and "Shake some action",also "Jumping in the night".I only have the vinyl records so I miss the bonus tracks.I also don�t know the Norton compilation,but maybe I have them tracks on various obscure and bootleg records.

But do you also know the "Roy Loney" - solo albums? I know 6 records and one CD.They are absolutely marvelous and a must!Especially the 1st two (Roy Loney & The Phantom Movers).

Also to mention "The Barracudas",Chris Wilson�s later group,which did some remarkable punk/garage stuff.
1980 I saw a concert of the Groovies , them playing with 4 (!)guitars.Unbelievable concert with many Stones,Beatles,Byrds - covers and a wonderful "River deep,mountain high".IMO they were the only group,which came in their heyday nearest to the Stones .
10-05-02 06:31 AM
magicwoman Here in Holland we havy many shops.I dont smoke weed anymore because i'll get lazy of it.i only smoke cigarettes
10-05-02 07:33 AM
Moonisup I know smoking and that good for me! But hey in a few years I sue Philip Morris, jb my lawyer, and we'll get maybe 28,000,000,000 and we'll share that here with all the smokers hahahaah

RIk
10-05-02 01:00 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:

<<<< Not to forget Supersnazz , Sneakers and the fabulous version of "Jumping Jack Flash".I also love the Dave Edmunds produced "Now" and "Shake some action",also "Jumping in the night".I only have the vinyl records so I miss the bonus tracks.I also don�t know the Norton compilation,but maybe I have them tracks on various obscure and bootleg records.

But do you also know the "Roy Loney" - solo albums? I know 6 records and one CD.They are absolutely marvelous and a must!Especially the 1st two (Roy Loney & The Phantom Movers).

Also to mention "The Barracudas",Chris Wilson�s later group,which did some remarkable punk/garage stuff.
1980 I saw a concert of the Groovies , them playing with 4 (!)guitars.Unbelievable concert with many Stones,Beatles,Byrds - covers and a wonderful "River deep,mountain high".IMO they were the only group,which came in their heyday nearest to the Stones .

Supersnazz, Sneakers and especially Shake Some Action are very cool records. I am surprised you don't know the Norton Comp (California Born and Bred) considering that was your avatar before the Supersnazz one you're using now. Norton just put out a new LP called Slow Death that has the four demos that were on the Skydog 7" (Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller, Slow Death, Let Me Rock and Dog Meat). It's also got that great Jumpin' Jack Flash you mentioned, plus Roll Over Beethoven, a Shake Some Action demo, Tallahassee Lassie, I Heard Your Name, and Blues from Phyllis. All from after Loney left but before Shake Some Action was recorded. Best of all it's on vinyl. I haven't seen the CD yet so I don't know if it's longer - I assume it is.

I like the Roy Loney and the Phantom Movers records. I got to see Loney play at South by Southwest in Austin about eight years ago with a pickup band of Austin musicians and it was a fantastic show - raving versions of Evil Hearted Ada and Teenage Head among other things.

Is their Teenage Head era version of "Scratch My Back" on any of your odd LP releases? It's one of my favorite Groovies recordings and is second only to the Stones' "Hip Shake" and "King Bee" in the white boys cover Slim Harpo game.

Rotten eggs and Viet Congs for you!

10-05-02 02:26 PM
RubyFriday [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:I am surprised you don't know the Norton Comp (California Born and Bred) considering that was your avatar before the Supersnazz one you're using now. Norton just put out a new LP called Slow Death that has the four demos that were on the Skydog 7" (Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller, Slow Death, Let Me Rock and Dog Meat). It's also got that great Jumpin' Jack Flash you mentioned, plus Roll Over Beethoven, a Shake Some Action demo, Tallahassee Lassie, I Heard Your Name, and Blues from Phyllis. All from after Loney left but before Shake Some Action was recorded.[quote]

That I don�t know the Norton might have the reason it only appeared on CD ?(I have no erotic relation to CDs )and it�s not so easy to get Groovies stuff here in germany.
I have that skydog tracks on 6track 12"- Supergrease and on 7"s and LP-Rockfield Sessions which has additional
Little Queenie,You tore me down,Shake some action(original version).All from London 72,mostly prod.by Edmunds.Roll over Beethoven I have in a live version(Also Under my thumb,Miss Amanda Jones).But most of the FG live stuff has a poor quality.

Wow ! You saw Roy Loney live ! I ever wished,but I doubt he ever played in europe.Did he play with The A-Bones or The Longshots ? I have some recordings with them from that era.
Scratch my Back I unfortunately miss(But I heard it once,superbe !)

Get a shot of Rhythm and Blues !
The Girl can�t help it
[Edited by RubyFriday]
10-05-02 02:34 PM
Nasty Habits Loney played with a combination of Long Shots and Austin rock and roll types. There's a brilliant harmonica player there named Walter Daniels who burned a hole in Teenage Head. He was in a band called Jack O' Fire who were the greatest punk rock white boy blues band that weren't the Rolling Stones and definitely one of the best rock bands of the 90s. Their shit was just absolutely amazing. Joy Division as blues, Marvin Gaye as blues, Pretty Things as blues.

Back to Loney - it definitely wasn't the A-Bones because I watched the show next to Billy Miller.

If you are ever looking for anything US press that you're having trouble acquiring please contact me - my e-mail is in my profile and I can help you find just about anything you need.

Goin to see the Empire, tallest building. Where them planes shot that big monkey and they kill him.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
10-05-02 02:55 PM
RubyFriday They must have played Full Grown Head and Tobacco Road,I guess.
Thank you for your offer.I was in New York for Voodoo Lounge and bought as much Groovies stuff I could find.I�m still missing a few 7"s ,but I have no money in the moment if I had,I would have been in New York last week .
But maybe I come back to your offer some time.
[Edited by RubyFriday]
10-05-02 03:57 PM
Boomhauer "I am currently smoking Vancouver Weed"

Hey Bunny (Joey),

You ever smoked weed in Vancouver?

lol
10-06-02 05:41 PM
Joey
RUMPLE-
MINZE !

"I did very sexy dancing tonight, I must say I was extremely sexy and if I was a female in the audience I would want to marry me Ronnie "

Joey von Townshend

Page: 1 2