ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I am currently smoking Vancouver Weed ! Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-03-02 05:44 PM
Joey True story! Guess this friend of a friend of a friend takes it across the Manitoba border............ Excellent green two toke bud.....couldn't have come at a better time...very very dry here .

Ok .......Vancouver Weed or B. C. Bud ?????? Discuss !

Joey

10-03-02 05:46 PM
Moonisup Joey, you should live in Holland if you like weed, my uncle has his own little garage ful off it, yes welcome to holland
10-03-02 05:59 PM
Joey " Joey, you should live in Holland if you like weed, my uncle has his own little garage ful off it, yes welcome to holland "

I am there my Brother .......must pass by the next time I make a trip to the " Sensi Smile " coffee shop in Amsterdam .

J . Fly

10-03-02 06:27 PM
Prodigal Son I don't know why its called Amsterdam. They should trade city names with Potsdam and then it would be approapriate. Man, the air IS chiba in amsterdam. So much that planes can't fly by because pilots get high off the aroma and crash. Well, that would be funny if it were true.
10-03-02 06:36 PM
stonesmik Moonisup, meanwhile here in Switzerland it's also legal to plant it for private purposes and you can also buy it in dozens of hemp shops in every town, together with all the needed accessories. But since the law has changed the legal market offers almost only Swiss grass which has a very high THC portion indeed. But there is nearly no more oil, no more hash (piece) in all its varieties (green, red, black) and although all that super THC grass has cool names like "Adam super skunk" and "Hawaiian jolly" it just makes me wanta sleep as soon as it hits my weakened black lungs. I think it is maybe because people don't talk with their plants anymore and they sometimes even grow it using UV blubs instead of the true golden sunlight which provides the real spice. Is it the same with the official grass in Holland? (last time I have been in Amsterdam was 1990)
10-03-02 08:14 PM
Pants Make the Man I once smoked hash in Vancouver when I was there for the World's Fair. Vancouver= Great city, great drugs and amazon women.
10-03-02 08:46 PM
JaggeresqueUK LOL I've been to Amsterdam.. I love it... I'm a girl, and I love the weed at Amsterdam... I'm from London and thats why I'm also trying to goto the Amsterdam shows in August... the Rolling Stones and some weed... great combo!
10-04-02 08:37 AM
egon stonesmik.

basically all weed/softdrugs you buy in coffeeshops
in holland (not just adam) is good stuff.

or maybe i'm just not too picky...
10-04-02 08:54 AM
Honky Tonk Man I smoked Weed for a quite a while at school. One time though i inhaled through a bag and, well lets just say it was maybe the worst experience of my whole life. I will have the ocassional puff if i am offered. Otherwise its a real no no.

Alex
10-04-02 10:35 AM
jb Joey...as a sophomore in college at University of Florida, I lived with 3 other guys in a house we rented on 13th avenue near the Mongolian Barbeque. One year, my roommates went home for Thankgiving and Randy asked me if I could watch his pot plants which had been cultivating for some time..you know..the ultra-violet blue lights, humidity contorller, etc...Young jb was dating one of the "shawn" twins from Fort Walton Beach at the time...Young jb invited the other "shawn" twin over thanksgving and the 3 of us consumed a tremendous amount of drugs, including, but not limited to, pot, coke, qualudes, alcohol, whippets...In a toal act of depravation, after running out of drugs, yours truly realized there was one last stash!!!Yes..Randy's beloved pot plants !!! jb, along with the Shawn twins, began slowly to pull the lovely buds from the plants and smoke them in a huge bong....I remember very little else from that evening except for my "mistaken" my girlfriend , who was passed out, with her twin sister....these were very wonderful times for young jb...
10-04-02 10:43 AM
Riffhard Joey I am currently smoking "wish" weed.I have no weed and I wish I did.Do young Riffy a favor.Blow me a shotgun through your computer monitor.I'll be the judge as to how good this north of the border bud really is.Thanks in advance!

Riffhard
10-04-02 10:48 AM
jb Hello Riffhard....please advise when Bill Wyman will be in town .LOL!!!!
10-04-02 10:54 AM
Riffhard jb your timing is impeccable.As a matter of fact Bill is babysitting my kids tonight!The wife and I are going out on the town and he said he'd be happy to help us out.I told him no funny bussiness with my little girls!I'd hate to have to pummel the old fart,but I would if the case warrented it.He arrives on the Jersey Shore around 7:00pm and the wife and I will return from our nightly festivties around midnight.I have already put the parental block on the Playboy and Spice channels.

Riffhard
10-04-02 10:57 AM
Maxlugar I'm the same way now Alex.

Ever since a terrifying experience of paranoia a few years ago, I have been unable to handle more than just little hit every now and then.

It's better to just have a few shots or a couple a dozen beers.

10-04-02 11:11 AM
Martha Joey bring the Canadian grass on over when you come to hear my new sound system with Maxy.

You are still coming over right???

Maxy when I used to drink booze and I'd smoke some chiba on top of it I would go straight into totally fucked up outta my gourd then >>blackout land. I remember you pointed your shakey finger at Joey's cursed little friend after your time in NY with the Stonesicated kinfolk.

I remember that happening to me. Couldn't mix the two so I gave up booze (in 1986). I've gone for years without any weed too...and recently have been indulging a bit...got some one hit green bud from Meigs County my friend. Nothing like it!

However it's purely for medicinal purposes!

10-04-02 11:19 AM
hot stuff anything better than a fat spliff and yr telecaster plugged in (sex apart, of course) ?
ciao
marco
10-04-02 11:37 AM
F505 well i don't smoke at all; is that bothering someone?
(and i was born in amsterdam)
10-04-02 11:56 AM
RubyFriday ...Well,I smoke every day......but I don´t inhale...
10-04-02 12:00 PM
Jaxx stoned at the stones is a must for me. sharing party favors is my M.O. i usually carry 2 types--the "lumbo" brown as well as the sticky green. i am not beyond partying in the ladies room either....
10-04-02 12:17 PM
Maxlugar Damn skippy, Jaxxy!!!

I liked the stinky brown in the bathroom!

As I matter of fact I gotta go leave a stinky brown one in the bathroom right now. I pity my co-workers.

Developing........
10-04-02 12:49 PM
Joey " It's better to just have a few shots or a couple a dozen beers.
"

As long as the shots are " Jaggermeister " !

I can still do the " Rumpleminz ( sic ) " , but the one hundred proof WILL hit you hard .

YES !!!!!!

And now , this :

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JAGGER Jo Jo Joey

Skittles

10-04-02 01:17 PM
Jaxx why do i have a sudden urge to sing, "will it go 'round in circles"?
10-04-02 01:18 PM
jb outta space!!!! By the way Jaxx, you are very judicious with your posts....
[Edited by jb]
10-04-02 01:18 PM
Maxlugar Joey, I've always wondered what the (sic) means when people put it after words. I know it is used when you repeat what someone said as they said it exactly. Incorrectly mostly. But what does sic mean? Does it stand for something?

Let me know ASAP.

TIA!

MmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMaxy!
10-04-02 01:25 PM
Riffhard Hey Joey,
Did you blow me that shotgun yet?I've been inhaling my monitor for over an hour now and I'm still not getting a hit?!What's the deal?

Riffhard
10-04-02 01:38 PM
Nasty Habits Macksy [sic]:

What it means is say you quote somebody in some article, like, and then jb said:

quote:
jb wrote:
Joey... my roommates went home for Thankgiving and Randy asked me if I could watch his pot plants which had been cultivating for some time..you know..the ultra-violet blue lights, humidity contorller, etc...Young jb invited the other "shawn" twin over thanksgving and the 3 of us consumed a tremendous amount of drugs, including, but not limited to, pot, coke, qualudes, alcohol, whippets...In a toal act of depravation, after running out of drugs, yours truly realized there was one last stash!!!

but didn't want to make it appear as if I was either misrepresenting jb by making him look like he can't a)type or b) spell, I would put the [sic] notations in to show that I was quoting jb verbatim.

Vís a vís:

quote:
jb wrote:
Joey... my roommates went home for Thankgiving and Randy asked me if I could watch his pot plants which had been cultivating for some time..you know..the ultra-violet blue lights, humidity contorller [sic], etc...Young jb invited the other "shawn" [sic] twin over thanksgving [sic] and the 3 of us consumed a tremendous amount of drugs, including, but not limited to, [sic] pot, coke, qualudes [sic], alcohol, whippets...In a toal [sic] act of depravation, after running out of drugs, yours truly realized there was one last stash!!!

One also uses [sic] if one is quoting a source who makes a factual error, say, arbitrarily:

quote:

"And then the dj said, 'Boy, that Undercover, what a great album! It's got the title cut, it's got 'She's So Hot' [sic], and it's got '(One Hit) to the Body' [sic] [sic].'"

In the former, you are using the [sic] to maintain the structural integrity of jb's enthusiastic post, while in the latter you're using the [sic] to show up the ignorance and stupidity of someone by calling attention to their inaccuracies.

Either are acceptable editorial choices.

Please note: It is proper practice to use [] brackets rather than () parenthesis.

Hope this helps!

Nasty!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
10-04-02 01:40 PM
sirmoonie "sic" mean "thus" and is usually used by an author to indicate that an error is in the language being quoted, and should not be attributed to the quoter, but rather to the quotee.

Given the degree of incredible illiteracy around here, I think every quote is presumed to have a "sic" and, therefore, typing it like just Joey just did is superfluous.

Mongo moogie, can Joey pound the boogie? Frick yeah!
10-04-02 02:00 PM
jb When responding to an advesaries legal brief, we use (sic) to show the judge of a spelling or citation error...I am a lousy speller and i wish this site would have an automatic spell check like Dougs.
Also, please be careful going to Fed Ex...do you have to frive through Maryland?
[Edited by jb]
10-04-02 02:08 PM
RubyFriday Sic transit gloria mundi
10-04-02 02:11 PM
Maxlugar Holy shit Nasty. I am visibly shaking with laughter here!

That was awesome!

Thanks everyone. You guys are the best.

But what does the S.I.C. stand for? Or is it a word in itself. Does it mean Thus in latin?

I don't want to go home tongiht [sic] not knowning this!
Page: 1 2