ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "40 Licks" presentation in Mexico City! Return to archive
10-01-02 03:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Today was the official presentation of "40 Licks" at the Hard Rock Cafe Live in Mexico City, a real great production by EMI Mexico, impossible to improve, thanks!!!

This is an image of the invitation, a high quality 2-D booklet, with credits on the back for EMI, ABKCO, Universal and Virgin.

This is Fernando Aceves with top management executives of EMI Mexico.

And this is me with the same

In addition to a great cocktail with tasty food and free wine and drinks, the selected people to attend the presentation couldn't be better.

More: a great gift for the guests: The special Edition of "40 Lick" made for the presentation in Mexico, a real collector's item, and an issue of "La Mosca" 40th special.

The evening program consisted of music and videos as a warm up, then a great video of the presentation of the album, at the end a funny contest to win a guitar signed by the 4 current members of the Stones. BTW, all guests received a sticker with a number, then the number was randomly selected and the one with the number selected was questioned in front of the whole audience.

One guy was about to win it, but he fucked the whole thing up saying that the founder of the band was "Brian Johnson" LOL, but he was just some seconds to win it! The moderator asked the crowd about that answer and it was unanimous, such an award is for a true fan, and that answer is unacceptable!

It was really hard for the moderator as any answer for just one vowel wrong was discarded! Great fans answering all of the questions, but losing just for a minimum detail, which I think is more than fair as such a great award is only deserved for a true fan, and guess what? A real fan won it, Cesar!!!

He introduced himself with me saying that I'm famous LOL and he appreciate the work we do here, we also shared the same table, he's a lurker of ROCKS OFF and a great fan, the rest is history. Congratulations Cesar! It was a fair contest and you deserved the guitar!!!

During the show a fan got my attention, a very nice fan was singing all of the songs and she was feeling the music, I don't remember her name but I took this shot, she also was a prospect of the prize, I'm sure she knows all of the answers!

10-01-02 03:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl All photos by Fernando Aceves.

Fernando with EMI executives, "La Mosca" cover, the invitation, the fan and the CD by me.
10-01-02 04:18 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW... during the presentation... in the video... MEXICO CITY WAS CONFIRMED AGAIN FOR FEBRUARY!!!!

I am not sure if it was made before the cancellation but it was confirmed there!!!
10-01-02 06:30 AM
stonedinaustralia
woah!! - gerardo you're having a roller-coaster ride at the moment, hey?

where are you going to turn up next?!

so glad you made it to nyc - it was only right

btw, i'm still waiting for the lowdown on mr.gerte but i can see you're a bit busy at the minute

keep on rollin'

yours

m
10-01-02 12:56 PM
gomper Hi, it's Cesar (the winner of the nite) I'd like to thank Voodoo Chile in W. for the great pics he took and for his interesting comments he made me about the stones during the show.

Thank you again, hope to see you soon.
10-01-02 01:00 PM
RubyFriday Concratulations ! Lucky guy !
10-01-02 01:01 PM
gomper Correction to my last message

the pics were taken by Fernando Aceves, what I meant to thank to Voodoo Chile in W. is for the uploading of them.

thank you
10-01-02 02:51 PM
Lazy Bones That's quite the opportunity, Gerardo. Thanks for sharing!
10-02-02 11:39 AM
Juan Carlos Gracias por todo Gerardo, estuvo todo muy bien, l�stima que no me saqu� ni madres.
10-02-02 10:58 PM
rogerriffin Congratulations Cesar, was a very great experience, like i said GREAT PARTY IN MEXICO CITY!!!, Gerardo it was a pleasure to share the table with Fernando and with you.

I expect we have more occasions as that.
10-04-02 04:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is Rogerriffin (left) one of the few Mexican fans I have ever met via Rocks Off, and now intitled as my "carnalito" as he's one of the few friends I have that are younger than my nephews.

It was a pleassure to share the best table of the pace with ya

BTW, who's the one at the left? I have the impression that I already know him, but not sure.
10-06-02 11:18 PM
rogerriffin ok, voodoo, this guy is a friend of jorge caballero from la jornada, he was talkin�with him, and he came with us to salute.