ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen... From Barcelona: The Smoking Stones!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Richards embarrassed by tree fall Return to archive
4th October 2006 08:05 PM
Daethgod
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20528377-5005961,00.html

Richards embarrassed by tree fall

From correspondents in Los Angeles

October 05, 2006 09:49am
Article from: Reuters

AN embarrassed Keith Richards said he was merely sitting on a tree stump rather than climbing up a lofty palm tree when he fell and hit his head while holidaying in Fiji in April.

The mysterious incident led to emergency head surgery in New Zealand and the postponement of the Rolling Stones' summer tour of Europe.

Amid a news blackout, rumours emerged that a drunken Richards was trying to gather coconuts and might never play again.

"It's embarrassing, really," Richards, 62, said in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone magazine.

"I was sitting on this gnarled shrub about six feet (1.8 metres) off the ground.

"I was wet - I'd been swimming. I hit the ground the wrong way, my head hit the trunk, and that was that."

The guitarist, whose legendary fondness for drugs is surpassed only by his passion for music, described the accident as "just a little stumble along the way".

"It's not the first brush with death I've had. I guess what I learned is, don't sit in trees anymore."

The Rolling Stones have just launched the second North American leg of their Bigger Bang world tour, which began 13 months ago.

They are visiting smaller cities this time, and were scheduled today to play Missoula, Montana, in the US.

They will also take a break from stadiums by playing two shows later this month at New York's Beacon Theatre, for which tickets will be priced at just $US50 ($67) and $US35 ($47), the band's spokeswoman said.
4th October 2006 08:19 PM
MrPleasant I'm just sittin on a tree
You can say "how did he?"
Trying to sober up my life
Really is too horrifying
So I'm sittin on a tree
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)