ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen... From Barcelona: The Smoking Stones!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: free JERRY LEE LEWIS show in Hollywood 10/9 Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th October 2006 01:42 PM
Dan Virgin Megastore at Hollywood and Highland in the courtyard, Monday Oct 9 at 7:00pm.
4th October 2006 01:53 PM
jb Not interested in free stuff...
4th October 2006 01:54 PM
Nellcote He was Wicked Pissa on IMUS yesterday, he had to be helped to his chair, however, he was smokin!
4th October 2006 01:54 PM
GimmeExile Cool! Thanks for the tip.

Dan, are you going to any of the Roger Waters shows this week? I'm thinking about going to the Bowl and looking for an extra below face.
4th October 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
He was Wicked Pissa on IMUS yesterday, he had to be helped to his chair, however, he was smokin!

Imus=jackass; He is and remains Stern's bitch!!!
4th October 2006 02:09 PM
Nellcote He has left tormenting Stern long ago, why he has Jo-Mentum as a frequent guest, just today. Joe could win, no?
4th October 2006 02:12 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
He has left tormenting Stern long ago, why he has Jo-Mentum as a frequent guest, just today. Joe could win, no?

Joe, sadly, has become an embarrassment....he has chosen personal gain over party loyalty. Lamont, however, is a very poor candidate.
4th October 2006 02:15 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Cool! Thanks for the tip.

Dan, are you going to any of the Roger Waters shows this week? I'm thinking about going to the Bowl and looking for an extra below face.

I haven't made up my mind, it all depends on how I feel. Several maybes this month but not really sure if I will go to anything.

Thinking of Queensryche tomorrow, and thinking of Detour Festival Saturday and maybe a Waters show but its all up in the air, will make up my mind when it comes time to actually get up and go.
4th October 2006 02:16 PM
jb Not remotely fucking interested in the washed up Jerry Lee...he sucks!!!!
4th October 2006 02:20 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Not remotely fucking interested in the washed up Jerry Lee...he sucks!!!!

Yet you have posted several times in this thread...

I wouldn't be interested in paying, but its free and its real close and I will be home and in bed by the usual time.
4th October 2006 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Yet you have posted several times in this thread...

I wouldn't be interested in paying, but its free and its real close and I will be home and in bed by the usual time.

Dan, please don't go...
4th October 2006 02:24 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Dan, please don't go...

Why not? Spending $80 on a Stones in March and $20 on Faster Pussycat has seriously affected my per concert average.

And its too late, I am already authorized to leave work early, I usually work until 6:30 on Mondays.
[Edited by Dan]
4th October 2006 02:27 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Why not? Spending $80 on a Stones in March and $20 on Faster Pussycat has seriously affected my per concert average.

And its too late, I am already authorized to leave work early, I usually work until 6:30 on Mondays.
[Edited by Dan]

I can't believe some people are talking about another California show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th October 2006 02:28 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I can't believe some people are talking about another California show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will have a positive effect on my per show average. Unless I am on the floor I predict I will spend $10 or less on Dodger Stadium. I can't even spend $20 because thats what I spent on the non fire sale Anaheim show.
4th October 2006 02:30 PM
GimmeExile Dan, where did you hear it's on Monday, October 9?

The Virgin site lists Thurs, 10/12:

October 12, 6pm
Jerry Lee Lewis Performs!
Join us in the Hollywood & Highland courtyard for this rare performance as one of Rock 'n' Roll's legends performs songs off his new album. First 200 receive a poster.
4th October 2006 02:32 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Dan, where did you hear it's on Monday, October 9?

The Virgin site lists Thurs, 10/12:

October 12, 6pm
Jerry Lee Lewis Performs!
Join us in the Hollywood & Highland courtyard for this rare performance as one of Rock 'n' Roll's legends performs songs off his new album. First 200 receive a poster.

The LA Weekly.

Regardless of what is happening on Monday, I plan to thoroughly enjoy getting off at 4:30. Maybe I can get drunk instead?
4th October 2006 02:36 PM
TampabayStone From Shidoobee about JLL.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=13871.topic
4th October 2006 02:38 PM
voodoopug i advise all not to attend.
4th October 2006 06:21 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Saw The Killer Saturday at Farm Aid.
Sad to say he appeared pretty shot out.
4th October 2006 06:25 PM
pdog How far is this from Disney in Anaheim?
4th October 2006 06:28 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
How far is this from Disney in Anaheim?

30-40 miles, about three hours in traffic.
5th October 2006 02:06 AM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

30-40 miles, about three hours in traffic.

5th October 2006 01:11 PM
Dan I just saw a 7th row Pool Circle for Roger Waters tonight. Nope I didn't bite. Not sure why I am posting here but it doesn't exactly deserve its own thread.

Right now I am undecided between Queensryche and staying home.
5th October 2006 01:16 PM
GimmeExile I saw that, too, but $260+TM is too much. I saw a Sec E, Row 1 for $93. Is that too far over, especially with all of the visual parts of Waters show?
5th October 2006 01:18 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I saw that, too, but $260+TM is too much. I saw a Sec E, Row 1 for $93. Is that too far over, especially with all of the visual parts of Waters show?

I like that section but more for sound quality. I have no idea what the visuals are like though.
5th October 2006 01:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Not interested in free stuff...

still not worth the price of admission. I do not enjoy concerts where my premium seat is not assigned! GA allows for two many disgusting individuals to push their way past me and my wife.
5th October 2006 02:27 PM
MrPleasant
5th October 2006 02:37 PM
Dan No sound at the moment. but I can't wait to see that. I have seen the Melvins about 15 times, but not since 1999 for reasons I am too embarrased to explain.

He was right by me at the Bowie/NIN concert, great guy!
5th October 2006 02:54 PM
nanatod
quote:
Dan wrote:
Right now I am undecided between Queensryche and staying home.

Go to Queensryche. Went to the 2nd of the three Chicago House of Blues shows. It is a relatively small venue, and the band and Tate were firing on all cylinders. The show lasted three hours -- 1 1/4 for OM 1, 15 minute intermission, OM2, then an encore with two oldies from Rage for Order. The video and the actors and [the props] take the show to another level. Pamela Moore was excellent; we ended up standing next to and talking with her better half.

As I had posted before, my girlfriend does not like metal, but she was really impressed with the show, calling it "intense," and was glad(?) she went.

Nobody does this type of multimedia show anymore now that Zappa's dead and Pink Floyd has split into its component parts. The last time I saw a show like the show Queensryche is doing on this tour was when I saw the Who play Quadrophenia in its entirety in '96.

Plus in LA, you'll have Ronnie James Dio in person, as the Dr.
5th October 2006 02:57 PM
Dan Its the Operation Mindcrime 2 in its entirety that I have a hard time getting into. 2 songs from Rage For Order just might make the endurance worth it but also I have seen setlists with 2 songs from Empire.

When I saw them at the same venue last year, I got in for ten bucks. I bet I could pull that off again.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)