ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Rogers Center, Toronto, ON--26th September 2005
© and thanks to John Wood!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JAGGER & RICHARDS DON'T KNOW THEIR OWN SONGS Return to archive
1st October 2007 12:33 PM
moy JAGGER & RICHARDS DON'T KNOW THEIR OWN SONGS
Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

ROLLING STONES guitarist RONNIE WOOD has to teach MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS how to play their own songs - because they often forget them. The 60-year-old musician joined the band in 1976 but insists he is more familiar with the hits than his bandmates.

He writes in his new memoir, Ronnie, "Even these days while rehearsing for a tour, Mick or Keith will play something and I'll tell them, 'It doesn't go like that, it goes like this. Come on guys, you wrote the f**king thing," and Keith will shout back, 'Just because I wrote it, that doesn't mean I know it.' So for me, the music was the easiest part of becoming a Rolling Stone." (CG/WNSMAS/MEH) WENN - FOURTH - HOLLYWOOD, SHOWBIZ & PEOPLE NEWS - 01 OCTOBER 2007
1st October 2007 12:35 PM
Saint Sway beyond ironic coming from the guy that spends most of the show waving to fans during songs he cant remember how to play
1st October 2007 12:53 PM
MrPleasant I'm sure they know the Spice Girls.
1st October 2007 12:53 PM
glencar Thee banana was NOT waved on the last tour!
1st October 2007 01:25 PM
Mr Jurkka What a suprise!
1st October 2007 01:28 PM
pdog this is not unique to the stones...
1st October 2007 01:29 PM
glencar And haven't the Stones done alternate takes on songs wif different lyrics? I mean, really now...
1st October 2007 07:52 PM
gotdablouse wow, Ronnie the master musician and musical director, who would have thought that...I guess Chuck is just there to carry the stuff around !
1st October 2007 08:31 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
I guess Chuck is just there to carry the stuff around !

Not the stuff -- the band.
1st October 2007 08:54 PM
gotdablouse Good point! Too bad he has such little style and class, I was listening to B2B the other day, where he was UNINVITED, and marvelled at the way Benmont Tench carried "Already Over me".
1st October 2007 09:06 PM
Dan
"Here's one off Exile On Main Street, it's called Live With Me."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)