ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Rogers Center, Toronto, ON--26th September 2005
© and thanks to John Wood!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scorsese shifts focus to George Harrison Return to archive
29th September 2007 09:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Originally posted: September 27, 2007

Scorsese shifts focus to George Harrison

It’s official: Martin Scorsese has a side career as documentary chronicler of ‘60s rock icons. His Bob Dylan documentary "No Direction Home" came out in 2005, his Rolling Stones concert film "Shine a Light" is due in theaters next spring, and now Variety reports that he will direct an as-yet-untitled documentary about the life of George Harrison, who died of lung cancer in 2001.

You might think the rock-fueled filmmaker might be more drawn to, say, John Lennon than the so-called "quiet Beatle," but recall that Scorsese previously explored spirituality and faith in "The Last Temptation of Christ" and "Kundun," and those apparently will be key elements here.

"George Harrison's music and his search for spiritual meaning is a story that still resonates today, and I'm looking forward to delving deeper," Scorsese is quoted as saying.

Harrison’s widow, Olivia, will be a producer on the film, which will mix current interviews (to begin this year) with extensive archival materials. The project is expected to take several years.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
30th September 2007 01:45 AM
Kilroy ononothimagain, I can't wait, I mean It, You got Love the Quiet Beatle. Hell of a guitar player, and great on the whit.
30th September 2007 01:57 AM
guitarman53 George was a very talented guitarist, I like the fact their making a movie about his life, his Carl Perkins solos in the Beatles were fantastic, & his Chuck Berry was right on.
30th September 2007 01:45 PM
MrPleasant My top 5 favorite Beatle-Harison songs:

Don't Bother Me (he had a fever when he wrote that. It's like a motto for the quiet, humble Beatle)
If I Needed Someone
Something
Here Comes The Sun
The Inner Light

My top 5 favorite Harrison-solo songs:

Simply Shady (about drinking)
Your Love Is Forever (I love that one. So fucking relaxing.)
Awaiting On You All
Far East Man (co written with famous alcoholic Ron Wood)
Love Comes To Everyone (covered by Eric Crapton in his famous best selling album (Coming) Back Home, starring John Voight and Jane Fonda)

[Edited by MrPleasant]
30th September 2007 08:40 PM
Bruno I fuckin´ love George Harrison. He is well known worldwide obviously but I think he should be even more worshiped.

Fuck, only a master writes something like "Beware Of Darkness".
1st October 2007 12:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bruno wrote:

Fuck, only a master writes something like "Beware Of Darkness".

amazing song.

whats even more amazing is how true the words ring today. We should all heed his warning - "beware of greedy leaders/they take you where you should not go"

"BEWARE OF DARKNESS"

Watch out now, take care
Beware of falling swingers
Dropping all around you
The pain that often mingles
In your fingertips
Beware of darkness

Watch out now, take care
Beware of the thoughts that linger
Winding up inside your head
The hopelessness around you
In the dead of night

Beware of sadness
It can hit you
It can hurt you
Make you sore and what is more
That is not what you are here for

Watch out now, take care
Beware of soft shoe shufflers
Dancing down the sidewalks
As each unconscious sufferer
Wanders aimlessly
Beware of maya

Watch out now, take care
Beware of greedy leaders
They take you where you should not go
While weeping atlas cedars
They just want to grow, grow and grow
Beware of darkness (beware of darkness)
1st October 2007 01:39 PM
steel driving hammer
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)