ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Rogers Center, Toronto, ON--26th September 2005
© and thanks to John Wood!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: R&R HOF Nominations Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th September 2007 12:03 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I have the seven inch done w/Lydon to World Destruction... that was about the only thing I've known him to do.

Planet Rock!
29th September 2007 12:09 AM
ShaneJazz Is Skynryd really not in yet? Wow. There are places in this country where they really are gods. I live in Mass., and tons of people I work with randomly sing lines from thier songs every day. I can only imagine down South how much they are revered. Oh well. But once again, Kiss is still not in! Is that good or bad?
29th September 2007 12:49 AM
Poison Dart How can you put a no talent pop hack like Madonna in the R+R hall of fame?

Has anyone ever gotten so far on so little talent?

The Beastie Boys are a rap group? Why should they be in the R+R hall of fame?

Should the Stones be in the rap hall of fame?

The entire thing is lame.

Beyond Mellencamp I don't think any of these people belong in the hall.
29th September 2007 01:45 AM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Planet Rock!

oh yeah... rock, rock... duh! Sometime my brain cells run and hide information from me....
29th September 2007 03:02 AM
The Wick Madonna: Absolute Fucking Joke. No more needs to be said.
29th September 2007 05:32 AM
Dan
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
The Beastie Boys are a rap group?

Bzzzzt Game Over You Lose
29th September 2007 10:14 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm not even sure who is in, but putting in The Clash and Ramones is a no brainer... So, where's The NY Dolls, MC5, Stooges? Are they even considered?
Who doesn't like The Stooges?

Well Shemp still pisses me off...but other than that I love em
29th September 2007 10:47 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

The Beasties are the are the band out of the group that I think deserve to be in there most actually. They might be a rap group, but they fully personify rock n' roll energy and ideals. They rock.
29th September 2007 06:46 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

No, pdog, this is a very American thing. The Beatles, Stones and so on may of being inducted because, although British, they meant a lot in America. Acts that mean jack over here have been inducted, but bands considered legendary over here that don't mean anything in America, do not get considered.

The beer is working!

Alex, musicians that are/will be legendary in US should be considered!!

WTF is JOHNNY WINTER??? Its just a DAMN SHAME!! I'm so very sad, JW wants to be in the damn Hhall, and he DESERVES IT more than ever.

Alex, check PM for wine guidance.
29th September 2007 07:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
The Beasties are the are the band out of the group that I think deserve to be in there most actually. They might be a rap group, but they fully personify rock n' roll energy and ideals. They rock.

I don't know that much about them.
But that FIGHT FOR YOU RIGHT TO PARTY song alone should get them in. That song will bounce around the Universe forever.
29th September 2007 07:40 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Alex, check PM for wine guidance.

Checked and replied
29th September 2007 07:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
How can you put a no talent pop hack like Madonna in the R+R hall of fame?

Has anyone ever gotten so far on so little talent?

Should the Stones be in the rap hall of fame?

The entire thing is lame.

Beyond Mellencamp I don't think any of these people belong in the hall.

The entire thing may be lame, contrived and (as seen last year) the voting procedure suspect, but I wouldnt get so technical about the definition of 'rock n roll'. Its only called that to give it a catchy name. There have been non 'rock n roll' sounding acts inducted right from the beginning. Its just more noticeable now because the genre WE know as rock n roll has become pretty much outdated in recent decades, so theres less successful acts around playing that sort of music.
29th September 2007 08:11 PM
guitarman53 I like The Dave Clark 5 being entered, they had a lot of #1 hits in the 60's, the singer, who I can't think of the name of, Mike, somebody, sang like a black man.
Madonna to me is absolute crap! she's a fag hage, all the gay people love her like they used to with Judy Garland, just because her Brother is gay, she makes a big thing about it.
What about the original Alice Cooper Band? they should get into Rock 'N' Roll hall of fame too.
[Edited by guitarman53]
29th September 2007 08:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its only called that to give it a catchy name.

Sorry. Wrong answer.

29th September 2007 08:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Sorry. Wrong answer.

Give it an alternate, snappy title then!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)