ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Rogers Center, Toronto, ON--26th September 2005
© and thanks to John Wood!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Tom Petty & The Hearbreakers DVD/CD 10/16 (nsc) Return to archive
27th September 2007 06:28 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle From livedaily.com:
The story behind Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers will be told in a four-disc DVD/CD collection that is set to hit shelves next month and debut on big screens in select cities.
"Runnin' Down A Dream: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" will be sold exclusively at Best Buy retail outlets beginning Oct. 16. Two days before, the film will close the 2007 New York Film Festival at the Walter Reade Theatre, and will then premiere Oct. 15 for one night only in 21 cities across the country (listed below). The Sundance Channel is also scheduled to run the film commercial-free on Oct. 29

"Runnin' Down A Dream," directed by Peter Bogdanovich, takes viewers from Petty and the Heartbreakers' humble beginnings in Gainesville, FL, to last year's 30th anniversary celebration. It also follows Petty's solo career and his time as a Traveling Wilbury alongside George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison. The film features in-depth interviews with Petty and the band, as well as their circle of musicians, friends and collaborators, according to a press release.

Petty toured last year to support "Highway Companion," his third solo release and 18th overall career album. The set debuted at No. 4 on The Billboard 200, making it the singer/songwriter's highest-ever chart debut. At the time of the outing, Petty told Rolling Stone the trek could be his last.

Petty continues to stay busy hosting the XM Satellite Radio show "Tom Petty's Hidden Treasures," which recently began its third season. He and his band can also be heard on the just-released tribute CD "Goin' Home: A Tribute to Fats Domino," on which they do a rendition of "I'm Walkin."

Over the past three decades, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have sold more than 50 million records. Between his work with the band and his solo efforts, Petty has picked up 18 Grammy nominations. He and the Heartbreakers were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002, which was the first year they were eligible for the honor.

Oct. 15 screenings in the following cities:
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
Berkeley, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
San Diego, CA
Austin, TX
Boston, MA
Chicago, IL
Detroit, MI
Evansville, IN
Lansing, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
San Luis Obispo, CA
Livermore, CA
Fairfax, CA
Martinez, CA
Petaluma, CA
Dallas, TX
Denver, CO
Washington, DC
27th September 2007 09:47 PM
GimmeExile 4 Discs? What is the breakdown?

It's a 4-hour film, so I assume it's 2 DVDs. What's on the 2 CDS?
27th September 2007 10:45 PM
sweetcharmedlife Well,I hope Tom keeps touring. I haven't seen him live in many years. But alway's have loved his music......Maybe he should go back and do a theatre tour. Like when he did about a 10 night run at The Fillmore in San Francisco on two different occasions.
28th September 2007 11:56 AM
Martha "and will then premiere Oct. 15 for one night only in 21 cities across the country"

Oh Yeah! One wodnerful night only! HAPPY B-DAY to ME! I hope getting tickets won't be a problem. This is a great gift. Thanks Tom!

LOL

I pre-ordered the CD/DVD, but seeing the footage on the big screen will be fantastic!

It's a party now!

xxoo,
Martha
28th September 2007 05:12 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
4 Discs? What is the breakdown?
It's a 4-hour film, so I assume it's 2 DVDs. What's on the 2 CDS?

3 DVDs, 1 CD.
Details at Best Buy.
28th September 2007 05:19 PM
Saint Sway most over rated musician ever

I find him bland and boring. He sings like he's mentally challenged. And his lyrics are just dreadful. I'd rather hear Nursery rhymes

28th September 2007 05:30 PM
Honky Tonk Man I keep thinking that Tom Petty is someone I need to check out. I like his parts with the Travelling Wilbury's, but does that mean I'm likely to enjoy his solo work?
28th September 2007 05:35 PM
fireontheplatter this sounds great.

i love his song...into the great wide open.
28th September 2007 06:45 PM
Martha "Echo" is my favorite Petty album. I think it's a masterpiece.

"You need rhino skin"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)