ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Rogers Center, Toronto, ON--26th September 2005
© and thanks to John Wood!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sex Pistols are back for one off gig! Return to archive
18th September 2007 09:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Sex Pistols are back for one off gig!

John Lydon tells NME.COM they're hitting the road
Sept 18, 2007
NME

Sex Pistols have exclusively revealed details of a one off London gig to NME.COM today (September 18).

The band are set to play Brixton Academy on November 8.

Speaking about their return to the London gig scene for the first time since 2003, Sex Pistols' frontman John Lydon explained: "Maybe it's because we're all Londoners, but there would be no Sex Pistol without dear old London town."

He added: "See you all at Brixton with proper feelings and proper people all around. From London Bridge to The Rose And Crown, all of Britain is welcome so come on down."

Tickets go on sale on September 21 at 9am (BST).

To check ticket availability and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/Gigs, now.
18th September 2007 09:45 AM
ebmp Sex Pistols suck

And they're a fraud
18th September 2007 01:38 PM
Gimme Shelter
18th September 2007 01:46 PM
Dan
quote:
ebmp wrote:
Sex Pistols suck

And they're a fraud

Ever feel like you've been cheated?
18th September 2007 01:48 PM
FotiniD So much for the whole punk attitude.
18th September 2007 02:10 PM
mojoman warming up for zep at the O2?
18th September 2007 02:20 PM
MrPleasant If the Pistols would want to be rich for the rest of their time, they ought to come to México.

They should also hire me, or something.
18th September 2007 07:44 PM
fireontheplatter god save the queen......we mean it maaaaaaaaan
18th September 2007 08:23 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
ebmp wrote:
Sex Pistols suck

And they're a fraud

well you will get a huge argument from me on that score - but we (i.e the board)already had that only a month or so ago and frankly i can't be bothered repeating myself right now

perhaps you could expand upon your opinion ?? TIA

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
18th September 2007 10:42 PM
robpop Who's playing the part of Sidney Vicious?
18th September 2007 10:48 PM
stonedinaustralia the original bass player
19th September 2007 10:41 AM
bilsim A band of aging blokes who are supposed to be anti-rules and anti-establishment, who are settled down with big houses in the countryside? Who do they think they are? The Stones?
19th September 2007 11:16 AM
pdog
quote:
bilsim wrote:
A band of aging blokes who are supposed to be anti-rules and anti-establishment, who are settled down with big houses in the countryside? Who do they think they are? The Stones?

I quote Johnny Rotten, more paraphrased!

So, here we are, a bunch of old guys, with no new album, playing to a full house on a ______ night. So ask yourself, why ain't I in a band?
19th September 2007 08:42 PM
mojoman this definately belongs in the anal sex thread
19th September 2007 09:11 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:
this definately belongs in the anal sex thread

Analarchy in the UK?
20th September 2007 06:08 AM
Bovine49
quote:
ebmp wrote:
Sex Pistols suck

And they're a fraud

Maybe you could use more dietary fiber. You appear to have a log jammed up there.
20th September 2007 11:16 AM
mojoman
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

van pistol?
sex halen?
david lee rotten?
wolfie vicious?

21st September 2007 02:37 PM
Jumping Jack Sex Pistol Johnny Rotten Calls The Police 'Soggy Old Dead Carcasses'
Friday , September 21, 2007

Punk legend "Johnny Rotten" of the Sex Pistols thinks Sting is more accurately called "Stink" — and called The Police "soggy old dead carcasses" in an interview with Virgin Radio.

Rotten, who has reverted back to his real name, John Lydon, dismissed Sting as "Stink," saying of The Police's recent comeback: "That really is a reformation, isn't it? But honestly, that's like soggy old dead carcasses.

"You know listening to Stink try to squeak through 'Roxanne' one more time, that's not fun. It's like letting air out of a balloon."

Click here to listen to the interview

Lydon, 51, speaking as the Sex Pistols prepare for a one-time gig to mark the 30th anniversary of their album "Never Mind The B*****ks," also told Virgin Radio that drug-taking was "a bit old fart."

Of British rockers Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty's problems, he said: "You know you can use drugs for entertainment, but you should be quiet about it. That shouldn't be your center showpiece.

"There's not much going on in their head with them. They're not thinking. They're not doing this for the right reasons. They obviously don't enjoy what they're doing. And that's why you turn to drugs. And that's what happened with Sid Vicious, he wasn't happy about what he couldn't do."

22nd September 2007 02:41 PM
guitarman53
quote:
robpop wrote:
Who's playing the part of Sidney Vicious?

Who the fuck cares! that guy wasn't a part of the original band, he couldn't even play! just somebody for the public image.
28th September 2007 04:51 AM
Ade extra London dand Manchester dates,
and now a date in L.A :-

http://www.nme.com/news/sex-pistols/31426
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)