ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: All the Stones genres -- mindblowing! Return to archive
October 6th, 2005 03:52 PM
LeedsLungs71 I'm listening to an excellent boot right now that I just d/l from Dimeadozen. It is a compilation of various "rare" aud and sbd tracks from the Licks Tour.

All the musical genres and styles are just amazing on these two CDs. The Stones really pulled out some amazing rarities on that Licks Tour. Like Dance Pt.1....what a funky version!

When you think about all the various styles/genres of music that the Stones have covered in their illustrious career, it is mindblowing to say the least.

Country, Delta Blues, Chicago Blues, R&B, Soul, Disco, rock and roll, rockabilly, folk, funk, gospel, reggae etc.

This is what keeps me coming back to the Stones every single day. I love the variety of their music!
October 6th, 2005 04:23 PM
Saint Sway so true

I've actually gone and made compilation cd's made up of my favorite genres. Like "Stones Country songs" - "Stones Blues" - "Stones ballads" - "Keith ballads" - "Keefs Rockers" - "Stones funk" - "Stones Motown" etc.... its great bc whenever I'm in a certain Stones mood I'll just pop one in.
October 6th, 2005 06:02 PM
LeedsLungs71 SS, I'd be curious to see the tracks you included on the "Stones Country songs"....beyond the obvious choices!
October 6th, 2005 06:03 PM
texile and that's what makes them untouchable - what other band can do soul as convincing as dance or miss you...and then soemthing as rock and roll as respectable...something as eccentric as moonlight mile - its endless...
October 6th, 2005 07:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LeedsLungs71 wrote:
SS, I'd be curious to see the tracks you included on the "Stones Country songs"....beyond the obvious choices!

well as you now know, I'm between apartments, so my discs are in storage. But off the top of my head, most of it was the obvious Dead Flowers, Torn & Frayed, Sweet Virg, Country Honk, Dear DR.... the more less obvious choices included Blinded By Love, Spare Parts, Worst, High & Dry.... I might of included Next Goodbye... I even threw on MJs Evening Gown & Keef's Locked Away. I did ommit Far Awy Eyes cause it bores me.

I'll send you a copy to you for shits & giggles along with the Crowes shows once I'm in my new apartment.
October 6th, 2005 07:09 PM
Ronnie B. Wood what stones songs are rockabilly besides rip this joint?
October 6th, 2005 07:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ronnie B. Wood wrote:
what stones songs are rockabilly besides rip this joint?

Surprise Surprise

theres more... cant think right now... Wino's used to do Eddie Cochrans "Somethin Else"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)