ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New to Board Return to archive
October 6th, 2005 10:34 AM
ventilatorblues72 Hi I'm new to the board. I chose my handle to pay tribute to the only Stones song credited to Mick Taylor: Ventilator Blues. The first time I saw the Stones was on June 20th,1972 at The Chicago International Ampitheater. I was only 9. My older brother Jim who had just got back from Vietnam and was a huge Stones fan took me. It was a mind blowing experience! I really had no frame of reference to deal with everything that was going on, the noise, the crowds, the girls with their tits hanging out, the smell of grass in the air. Steve Wonder I thought was pretty cool. Then after what seemed like forever and the place must have been over 100 degrees the lights finally went down and the Stones came on. To this day I get goose bumps every time I think about that one moment. To be honest Jagger scared the shit out of me but I got over that. When MT unleashed his solo during Gimme Shelter I was mesmerized. I saw them again in '75 which was great but didn't move me the same way. I just didn't feel that the band was the same with Ron Wood as MT. I saw then again in '78 which was kick-ass but by their next tour in '81 I was in college and seriously into punk and metal. I really stopped paying attention to the Stones until the Live Licks Tour when my brother who had moved to Arizona called me up and said we should go. We saw them at The Aragon ballroom. Man what a show (even the Bono part was Ok)!They did a great Everybody Needs Somebody To Love, Once again I fell in love and just saw them at Soldier Field on Sept 10. I was hoping to hear 'Sweet Home Chicago' in vain but otherwise a great show! Anyway, love the Stones plan to see them again at The United Center in January.
October 6th, 2005 10:39 AM
Gazza You lucky bastard!

welcome aboard!
October 6th, 2005 10:40 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Welcome
October 6th, 2005 10:41 AM
Jumacfly welcome to the asylum!
October 6th, 2005 11:07 AM
egon excellent 1st post.
i'm sure joey will give you the rest of the day off!

welcome.
October 6th, 2005 01:15 PM
hotlicks Bout ye (norn ireland speak)......hope you have a thick skin !!!!
October 6th, 2005 01:39 PM
ventilatorblues72
quote:
hotlicks wrote:
Bout ye (norn ireland speak)......hope you have a thick skin !!!!

aye, I dooo

an like Guiness too!
October 6th, 2005 02:18 PM
Madafaka Welcome!
October 6th, 2005 02:28 PM
stewed & Keefed Welcome!
October 6th, 2005 03:29 PM
FPM C10 Welcome to the zoo! I think you'll like it here...

There were some other songs MT was credited with co-writing, weren't there?

Well, no matter - Ventlator Blues is one of my all-time favorites. Quintessential Stones.
October 6th, 2005 03:43 PM
LeedsLungs71 Welcome!

My first Stones experience was just as you described. The only difference is that I was at RFK Stadium on July 4, 1972 and I was 14 years old. My cousin took me to the show!!

I remember the same sights and smells! haha

I miss pot.

Anyway, welcome!!!
October 6th, 2005 04:06 PM
Saint Sway welcome!

quote:
ventilatorblues72 wrote:
I just didn't feel that the band was the same with Ron Wood as MT.

sounds like you'll fit in just fine.
October 6th, 2005 07:12 PM
Soldatti Welcome.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)