ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB out of the US Top 40 Return to archive
October 5th, 2005 04:28 PM
Soldatti Billboard 200 this week:
41. Rolling Stones, A Bigger Bang: 26,564 (254,594)
187. Rolling Stones, Jump Back: 5,620 (573,157)

Only 3 weeks on the Top 40.
October 5th, 2005 04:37 PM
Gimme Shelter It will return
October 5th, 2005 04:41 PM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Billboard 200 this week:
41. Rolling Stones, A Bigger Bang: 26,564 (254,594)
187. Rolling Stones, Jump Back: 5,620 (573,157)

Only 3 weeks on the Top 40.

No bien!
October 5th, 2005 04:42 PM
LeedsLungs71 The Stones are no longer in the record business....they are in the touring business. It doesn't matter!
October 5th, 2005 04:59 PM
time is on my side Before this thread gets hijacked and misinformation is given out, it should be noted that the STONES are #41 in the U.S. and the U.S only.

(1) the STONES are known as the WORLD's GREATEST ROCK n ROLL BAND- if you noticed, I didn't say the U.S.A.'s GREATEST ROCK n ROLL BAND

(2) the STONES are currently on a WORLD tour where they will eventually travel to more countries than the U.S and Great Britian

(3) the U.S. isn't the WORLD- last TIME I checked and looked over the circular globe more countries existed in the WORLD(in fact, it seems the U.S is only one country)

So bearing this mind and understanding the U.S. sales are disappointing, the latest news should be placed in context with worldwide sales where the STONES are doing much better.

Here is a link to the worldwide sales which means countries besides the U.S.A. and Great Britian:

http://www.geocities.com/inthitlists/albums.htm

October 5th, 2005 05:07 PM
come on IThink We Should Wait Till The European Tour,Until We Judge Album Sales
October 5th, 2005 05:24 PM
Saint Sway why does anyone here care how many records the Stones sell???

does it make you like them more? Or make you feel better in some way??

fuck it. I love the Stones no matter how many records they sell.

sales has nothing to do with my love of their music.

way too many posts these days on their abismal record sale numbers

who gives a shit?? The Stones are filthy rich. They're not going to have to get day jobs now the record is selling well.

and it doesnt mean shit. Their legacy is pretty in tact as the worlds greatest r&r band, no matter what.

I say fuck it. Quit worrying about it.

I'm sure the Stones would love to have a number 1 record again. But, I'm pretty confident that they're not losing any sleep over record sales.
October 5th, 2005 06:00 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
why does anyone here care how many records the Stones sell???

does it make you like them more? Or make you feel better in some way??

fuck it. I love the Stones no matter how many records they sell.

sales has nothing to do with my love of their music.

way too many posts these days on their abismal record sale numbers

who gives a shit?? The Stones are filthy rich. They're not going to have to get day jobs now the record is selling well.

and it doesnt mean shit. Their legacy is pretty in tact as the worlds greatest r&r band, no matter what.

I say fuck it. Quit worrying about it.

I'm sure the Stones would love to have a number 1 record again. But, I'm pretty confident that they're not losing any sleep over record sales.

Surprising post and I agree with what you say. The STONES record sales are disappointing in the U.S. but the U.S ticket sales, some at $450.00 a pop, are making the STONES richer and richer. They're raking in tons of dough. What difference should any of this make to their fans????

The record is selling well worldwide but sales are disappointing in the U.S. and Great Britian. Again, what difference does it make???

Is it going to change whether someones likes or dislikes ABB??? You should be your own judge and make your own assessments.

Me, I'm just looking forward to my next Rolling Stones concert. Fuck the rest of it.
[Edited by time is on my side]
October 5th, 2005 06:27 PM
texile doesn't matter .... its been like this for quite some time.
October 5th, 2005 07:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
texile wrote:
doesn't matter .... its been like this for quite some time.

Actually, this never happened before.
October 5th, 2005 07:49 PM
hotlicks in europe it's done well and it will match b2b and vl.
October 5th, 2005 09:58 PM
gypsymofo60 It doesn't matter! The charts are a true reflection of nothing more than peoples juvenile passing fads. The fact that a rock n'roll band chart at all after 40 years proves that The Stones are timeless. Anybody who gets the hump that ABB doesn't stick in the top 20 for six months in 2005 is in a time warp. Look at the charts! Do you want to be associated with all that shit anyway? Get real! Can you imagine Ol'Blue Eyes,(if he was still alive), copping a number one? Elvis? The Moptops? Totaly unrealistic. And who ever cared about what was number one?
October 5th, 2005 10:15 PM
Soldatti Bob Dylan is #38 with his album this week, without a tour behind he's selling more than the Stones in both UK & US.
October 5th, 2005 10:24 PM
jb Rationalize all you want, sales fucking suck!!!! ABB is A Bigger Bust!!! I never heard so much interest in "World Sales" before....I remeber when Mick sold 10 albums in Egland, he ended up rationalizing it saying it sold 1 Million Worldwide....do you think that;s a success? It's embarrasssing...250k copies of a RS album for the 1st time in 8 yrs!!!! Stop the sucking...it bombed big time despite a lot of great PR and promo.....I was right as usual....I knew when Live Licks came out(Soldatti, has sold over 68k in the US yet?), the new album would bomb...and you know why...by and large the album sucks.......no hit single, no airplay, and no inspiration.......................I will say,however, the tour itself is fucking incredible..the guitars were so loud at MCI, I almost thought MT was making a cameo...Bottom line, great tour, shitty album, humiliating and debilitating sales.......... and I am owed many apoogies.
]
[Edited by jb]
October 6th, 2005 04:45 AM
antonio i think that the rolling stones want sell many copies in the world!!!Now it's no important if they sell more in europe than in usa!!!it's important sell!!!!!!!
surely it's strange thath the rolling stones with the tour sell 250k only in 5 weeks in usa!!!!!
maybe the album hasn't a good single!!!!but the album is good!!!!
i love every new tour with new album!!!!!!
October 6th, 2005 07:46 AM
egon The only important thing is, that i know for a fact
that they sold at least 1 copy of the album!
October 6th, 2005 08:11 AM
Ramrod I personally think 'A Bigger Bang' is both a good Stones album and a good contemporary rock album. I think the songs and the sound of the recording works in a contemporary way without being too stylistically alein for the tradional fan base. To my way of listening they have reintroduced many some of the subtleties that have been missing since 'Tattoo You'.

The 'poor sales' for a 'Bigger Bang' could also partly be a reflection of how many people out there actually burn their friends off copies of any album that they happen to like.

I think the 'poor sales' says much more about the state of the record industry - that is, who is actually buying rock albums these days (think 13 to 30 year olds, same as always); Stones fans themselves - both the 'Hot Rocks' Mum and Dad variety and the hardcore; and digital technology.
October 6th, 2005 02:18 PM
glencar This is their best work in over 2 decades. This is a stunning defeat for those who care about the Stones legacy.
October 6th, 2005 07:08 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
This is their best work in over 2 decades. This is a stunning defeat for those who care about the Stones legacy.

I think that the rest of the world responded very well, especially Europe.
October 6th, 2005 08:22 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
This is their best work in over 2 decades. This is a stunning defeat for those who care about the Stones legacy.

Absolutely Blue........a stunning defeat!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)