ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SEX PISTOL JONES: 'I STOLE FROM THE STARS' Return to archive
October 5th, 2005 03:05 AM
hotlicks from contactmusic.com.
Former SEX PISTOLS guitarist STEVE JONES is terrified of inviting stars on his Los Angeles radio show Jonesy's Jukebox - because he stole valuables from most of them during the punk era.

The cheeky 50-year-old robbed ROXY MUSIC of fuzzboxes and gold discs, an expensive fur coat from ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS and amps and microphones from DAVID BOWIE, as well as many rockers who are as yet unaware of his opportunism.

But despite his thieving ways, he insists his anarchic band would have failed if he hadn't have taken on the role of punk's "Robin Hood".

He says, "I have to be a bit careful who I invite on, because a lot of them I've stolen off over the years. Bowie was cool about it. He thought it was hilarious. Well, he did later anyway.

"I nicked RONNIE (WOOD's) TV. ROD (STEWART) locks everything up. He's a known tightwad. I'd like to tell you everyone I stole from, but I can't because some don't even know now.

"I had to do it in the early days of the Pistols because we had no money for equipment. I saw myself as the Robin Hood of punk
October 5th, 2005 04:17 AM
pdog His greatest talent was putting country leads into the songs...
Fucking Brilliant!!!
October 5th, 2005 08:32 AM
corgi37 Nothing funnier than 50 year old punks.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)