ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: And about those boxes of singles? Return to archive
October 4th, 2005 01:51 PM
Jair Anyone here bought them?
Is it worth?
The reproduction of the original covers is nice?

There's a web store in Rio selling them for a good price in comparision to others...So, I need to know before waste my money...

Many thanks again!

October 4th, 2005 02:00 PM
hotlicks yep i bought the three box sets and i think it's worth it.....not sure if there is a fourth set coming out?
[Edited by hotlicks]
October 4th, 2005 03:02 PM
pdog 4th set?
They did all the singles Klein owed... He packaged everything up a few times and did it right, since I've purchased everything.
Now with the post- Klein years... You could say somebody dropped the ball, except they're so clueless they can't find the ball!!!
October 4th, 2005 03:25 PM
hotlicks are we talking about the same release....the uk version???
October 4th, 2005 03:28 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Jair wrote:
Anyone here bought them?
Is it worth?

There's a web store in Rio selling them for a good price in comparision to others...So, I need to know before waste my money...

Many thanks again!

How much, Jair?
October 4th, 2005 03:45 PM
Jair
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
How much, Jair?

About 250,00 reais every box.
Check it at http://www.cdpoint.com.br/
Its a store located in Rio de Janeiro.

At londoncalling.com.br, Sao Paulo, the price is about 500,00 each.

Sorry if is forbidden put these links here, guys.

October 4th, 2005 03:55 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Jair wrote:
About 250,00 reais every box.
Check it at http://www.cdpoint.com.br/
Its a store located in Rio de Janeiro.

At londoncalling.com.br, Sao Paulo, the price is about 500,00 each.

Sorry if is forbidden put these links here, guys.

Ah, ok. The same price here, around 250 reais.
Thanks!

This one is my fav, but it's not a MUST.
[Edited by Madafaka]
October 4th, 2005 07:13 PM
Soldatti I didn't buy any of them, very expensive and I'm not so crazy.
October 4th, 2005 07:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jair wrote:
Anyone here bought them?
Is it worth?

I was thinking about just downloading and printing out the covers and burning the songs off my cd's onto new discs, stuffing them in a shoe box and charging you a $100.

You interested?
[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 4th, 2005 08:44 PM
Riffhard

This is the one that I got. I like it alot. My only problem with them is because they are singles you have to change the disks on your player every ten to fifteen minutes. I just brought the whole boxset to work withme at the radio station and burned them all onto one disk. The packaging is what makwes them so cool. Plus it's nice to see the old videos again. They include alot of bells and whistles for the money.

Riffy
October 4th, 2005 08:49 PM
LadyJane Agreed Riffy!!

I have the first two and the packaging is very cool.

Two thumbs up from me.

LJ.
October 4th, 2005 09:04 PM
exile They also have the videos?
there is an online competition over here at the moment where you can win them. You have to say your favourite Rolling Stones single and why in 25 or less word. I have entered many times
October 4th, 2005 09:11 PM
Riffhard I can't vouch for the other two boxset singles sets,but the one I got does have vids. Help here? Lady Jane do the others have vids as well? Klein did a very good job on the packaging for sure. I am shocked that Abkco has finally gotten their shit together with regards to the Stones. They did a great job with the SACDs,and now they have done it again with this boxset series.

Riffy
October 4th, 2005 09:15 PM
LadyJane Neither 63-65 or 65-67 have videos.

I MUST get the rest....Xmas wish list has it's first item!!!

LJ.
October 4th, 2005 09:25 PM
pdog No video disc with the first two sets...
October 5th, 2005 09:43 AM
Jair
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I was thinking about just downloading and printing out the covers and burning the songs off my cd's onto new discs, stuffing them in a shoe box and charging you a $100.

You interested?
[Edited by Saint Sway]

Can you put all the tunes of each box in the same disc to avoid the constant change?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)