ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fresno ticket/My friend has a video camera Return to archive
October 4th, 2005 12:10 PM
Dan If I don't get a sufficient offer on my Fresno ticket, my friend is going to make a movie of me lighting the ticket on fire. He is a film school student. He has already offered me $20 to make this film. So any offers for the ticket must be a bit more than $20. Probably a lot more because I am already looking forward to my film debut.
October 4th, 2005 12:26 PM
Saint Sway WTF?

your friend with the camera would rather film you burning the ticket than go to the show with you???

that says a lot
[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 4th, 2005 12:33 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
WTF?

your friend with the camera would rather film you burning the ticket than go to the show with you???

Its a single ticket. The concert is 200+ miles away. He is a poor student. Maybe if we can cobble together enough gas money he can film me burning the ticket right in front of the venue.
October 4th, 2005 12:36 PM
Saint Sway I hope you sell your ticket to someone that wants to see the Stones

seriously, dont burn it. You can always get $50 for it in the parking lot.
October 4th, 2005 12:38 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I hope you sell your ticket to someone that wants to see the Stones

Apparently no one wants to see the Stones. At least not in Fresno.

quote:

seriously, dont burn it. You can always get $50 for it in the parking lot.

If I could make it as far as the parking lot I just might be tempted to go inside.

October 4th, 2005 12:44 PM
Saint Sway oh I see. You bought the ticket but dont want to go or cant go. OK

still. Dont burn it. You'll be able to sell it.
October 4th, 2005 12:56 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
oh I see. You bought the ticket but dont want to go or cant go. OK

still. Dont burn it. You'll be able to sell it.

I havent sold it yet and I offered it on all the boards. I guess I will give Ebay a shot. Or not. I have been paying an average of 1/4 of face value for every concert so I can just light the occassional full face value ticket on fire and still come out ahead.
October 4th, 2005 01:00 PM
egon have your friend set you on fire whilst you are holding the ticket.

than have your friend post the film here.

I'm full of good ideas ronnie

[Edited by egon]
October 5th, 2005 01:11 PM
Dan I've already completed 3 scripts. However the one where I burn the ticket in reaction to Sweet Neocon while praying before a picture of President Bush will only be made if I can get Michael Moore to direct. Does anybody know how to get ahold of him? I called Barbara Streisand but she doesn't have his number.
October 5th, 2005 03:17 PM
pdog If you had the oppurtunitty to give it to someone, who you knew would use it, and they couldn't afford the prices, would you still rather burn it?
I've gave away a ticket in 2002 and the smile I saw still makes me feel good.
There's lots of cool people, and trust me, no one but you will watch the movie....
Good luck selling it, but talking about destroying it over and over again, is a bit much. If you build it up too much, the excitement is gone. Better to just tear it up now, light it on fire and then tell us...
Isn't this a really shitty seat too? I thought you told me where it was before, upper deck extreme side stage.... right? Is that why you want to dump this tickets... Someone came through with a better seat I bet! Give it away, you'll be that much closer to Allah and the 72 virgins!
October 5th, 2005 03:25 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
If you had the oppurtunitty to give it to someone, who you knew would use it, and they couldn't afford the prices, would you still rather burn it?

I dont have anyone to give it to. If I had a bit more cash and my November schedule was as clear as it looked when this show went on sale last June, I would give it to someone in exchange for a ride then find my own ticket when I get there.

quote:

I've gave away a ticket in 2002 and the smile I saw still makes me feel good.
There's lots of cool people, and trust me, no one but you will watch the movie....

Thats good enough for me!

quote:

Good luck selling it, but talking about destroying it over and over again, is a bit much. If you build it up too much, the excitement is gone. Better to just tear it up now, light it on fire and then tell us...

There have been a few people who expressed interest in it. This is a good way of letting them know its not going to be available forever.

quote:

Isn't this a really shitty seat too? I thought you told me where it was before, upper deck extreme side stage.... right? Is that why you want to dump this tickets...

That, and I just don't really want to go now.

quote:

Someone came through with a better seat I bet!

No, but I bet this ticket and $20-40 can get you a much better seat!
October 5th, 2005 03:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

No, but I bet this ticket and $20-40 can get you a much better seat!

you think buying this ticket for over face, then going to the show with it and some cash will get a better ticket? That's insane, if I did the drive with half the cash I would spend doing it that way I'd get a better seat... Your best bet is selling it on eBay. Hopefully you get what you put out. I don't think it wil sell on any stones boards, the demand isn't there. I wanted to go to this show, but I doubt I will... I'm seeing 2 shows in sF that week. It's just overkill...
Good luck, do eBay! A guy did tell me the other night that destroying something of value is a very theraputic release of anger... You're not wrong for doing it, if you decide. I still think giving it to someone would be more fulfilling. There's a shidoobee lady who doesn't have alot of money. I would try contacting her if I was in your shoes! Mysteriossa, something like that is her name!
October 5th, 2005 04:21 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
you think buying this ticket for over face, then going to the show with it and some cash will get a better ticket?

I never said I was selling it for over face. It was actually face or best offer but if that isnt good enough...

quote:

That's insane, if I did the drive with half the cash I would spend doing it that way I'd get a better seat... Your best bet is selling it on eBay. Hopefully you get what you put out. [QUOTE]

I might give Ebay a shot though a pair in the same section hit about $75 without meeting the reserve.

[quote]
I don't think it wil sell on any stones boards, the demand isn't there. I wanted to go to this show, but I doubt I will... I'm seeing 2 shows in sF that week.

I'd also rather go to an SF show.

quote:

It's just overkill...
Good luck, do eBay! A guy did tell me the other night that destroying something of value is a very theraputic release of anger...

I am not very angry, but if I don't get any decent offers then the ticket itself has little value.

quote:

You're not wrong for doing it, if you decide. I still think giving it to someone would be more fulfilling. There's a shidoobee lady who doesn't have alot of money. I would try contacting her if I was in your shoes! Mysteriossa, something like that is her name!

Maybe. I have still have a few weeks to make a final determination.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)