ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones makeover's by L'wren...? Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 3rd, 2005 07:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels JAGGER'S GIRLFRIEND FAILS TO REFORM STONES

SIR MICK JAGGER's stylist girlfriend L'WREN SCOTT has reportedly angered his fellow ROLLING STONES by attempting to give them fashionable make-overs.

British newspaper the Daily Mail claims Scott has annoyed band members KEITH RICHARDS and RONNIE WOOD so much, they have dubbed her the new YOKO ONO.

A source says, "L'Wren feels the band should smarten up their appearance but sadly that is falling on deaf ears. Ronnie still wears his Ugg boots everywhere, and as for Keith, well Keith of the bandana and the bare chest is not changing his style for anyone."

03/10/2005 09:25
contactmusic
October 3rd, 2005 07:13 AM
egon the bare chest definitely needs to go.
October 3rd, 2005 08:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
egon wrote:
the bare chest definitely needs to go.

I dunno...the "bare chest look" is pretty cool these days.

October 3rd, 2005 08:17 AM
parmeda I'm waiting for the mere mention of plastic surgery ...

THAT will take the fucking cake!
October 3rd, 2005 08:23 AM
PartyDoll MEG Now if Keith's bare chest and "middle" looked like Tim McGraw's, the open shirt thing would be no problem.

Keith is never gonna change Ms. L'Wren- forgitaboutit!!

Now Mick, on the other hand: Less is better!!!
October 3rd, 2005 08:32 AM
LadyJane Back off Luann!!!

Any style advice can be found RIGHT HERE!!!

LJ.
October 3rd, 2005 10:43 AM
Saint Sway they all need to stop wearing anything thats silky, shiny or glittery.
October 3rd, 2005 10:52 AM
exile ronnie could stop draping those purple jumpers over his shoulders
October 3rd, 2005 12:33 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they all need to stop wearing anything thats silky, shiny or glittery.

yup - it's outdated and cheesy.....
i love women who instigate...
October 3rd, 2005 02:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well none of the Stones made the top ten of this list.

Famous men 'in need of makeovers'

02/10/2005 - 10:29:51
IrelandOnline

Pete Doherty is the celebrity most in need of a makeover, according to a poll published today.

The Babyshambles singer has failed to pick up any style tips from supermodel girlfriend Kate Moss.

His scruffy appearance has earned him the thumbs-down from the public.

Doherty topped a poll of 1,000 people commissioned by cuff link firm Square Mile.

Fat comic Johnny Vegas came second thanks to his enormous beer belly protruding from his T-shirts.

Simon Cowell was third. The public is desperate for him to ditch his trademark high-waisted trousers.

Wayne Rooney was fourth, followed by Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson.

TV presenter Richard Madeley was sixth, just ahead of Jonathan Ross and his wacky suits.

Gordon Ramsay, Bob Geldof and Jamie Oliver were also said to be in need of a new wardrobe.

Steve Lees of Square Mile said: “Men need direction when it comes to looking good and our survey clearly shows that some of the best-known celebrities are way off the style barometer.”

Top 10 Men In Need Of A Makeover

1 Pete Doherty

2 Johnny Vegas

3 Simon Cowell

4 Wayne Rooney

5 Jeremy Clarkson

6 Richard Madeley

7 Jonathan Ross

8 Gordon Ramsay

9 Bob Geldof

10 Jamie Oliver.

October 3rd, 2005 08:39 PM
texile

Has Jagger's girl turned into Yoko?
by NICOLE LAMPERT, Daily Mail

08:36am 3rd October 2005

What is RSS?

'Throwing her weight around': L'Wren Scott

She may be a stylist to the stars, but Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott has ruffled a few feathers with her attempts to smarten up the Rolling Stones.
The 38-year-old is causing friction between Sir Mick and his bandmates with her determination to get them to tidy up their appearance and live a healthier lifestyle on their world tour.

In fact, sources within the Stones camp say she has been nicknamed the 'new Yoko Ono' after John Lennon's wife who was accused of breaking up the Beatles through her domineering manner.

Miss Scott has been dating Sir Mick, 62, for nearly four years but this is the first time she has accompanied him on tour.

However, her attempts to lay down the law with the band - whose mammoth A Bigger Bang tour is due to last for at least another year - are causing a few problems.

A particular bone of contention has been her efforts to get lifelong chain smokers Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood to quit.

She also suggested the group smartens up its 'bandanna-and-bare-chest' image.

"L'Wren has started throwing her weight around pretty quickly," said a Stones source.

"She has made it clear she hates the fact that both Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood are chain smokers and has done her best to try and stop them smoking in front of her.

"L'Wren also feels the band should smarten up their appearance but, sadly, that is falling on deaf ears - Ronnie still wears his Ugg boots everywhere and as for Keith, well Keith of the bandanna and bare chest is not changing his style for anyone."

The source went on: "Because she is a stylist she thinks she has the right to completely take over the Stones style.

She has managed to infuriate the company which organises all the Stones' backstage decor by demanding that it is all changed.

"One evening, when there was supposed to be a big dinner backstage and several people had spent at least an hour laying the table, she took one look at it and said, 'That looks s***, change it'."

"She has been poking her nose into places it really does not belong and it has been getting a lot of people's backs up.

"The Stones have a huge entourage of nearly 200 people - from lighting technicians to chefs - and they are all calling her Yoko."

Sir Mick met Miss Scott, a 6ft 4in former model, at a party. He is said to have become bewitched by her long legs - they are 42in compared to the average 29in - and her strong personality.

An American who was brought up a Mormon in a small town 30 miles north of Utah's Salt Lake City, Miss Scott has totally reinvented herself. Born Laura Bambrough, she left home at 17, telling her family she was going to visit a friend in New York.

In fact, she had run off to Paris where she soon landed a modelling contract. She even became a Pretty Polly girl and changed her name to L'Wren.

After tiring of modelling, she became a stylist and worked on the 2000 Oscars as well as films including Eyes Wide Shut. Sir Mick has introduced Miss Scott to his children and even ex-wife Jerry Hall.

Although Miss Hall recently said she found Miss Scott 'very nice', she is reported to be revelling in reports of the stylist's unpopularity fed to her by her friends on the tour.

"Ronnie Wood's wife Jo and quite a few other people have been telling Jerry about what people are calling L'Wren," a source close to the Texan model said. "You could say she finds it rather funny."

View reader comments or add your own

now that's my kind of woman......lol;
we wouldn't want to put a kink into the usual stones/chick/doormat scenario (jerry,jo etc.)....maybe jagger wants a challenge.
October 3rd, 2005 09:41 PM
Soldatti Well, great article.
This is like a biography of this chick, I know more about her now and she is right on many things.
October 4th, 2005 05:27 AM
Jumacfly LOL..thanks for this comic article...this girl is so shitty...ONNYA is a song for her!!
October 4th, 2005 05:33 AM
Gazza Two page article (with big pic of L'wren on the front page as well) on the same subject in today's "Daily Express"
October 4th, 2005 06:47 AM
egon
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I dunno...the "bare chest look" is pretty cool these days.

not when you're in your 60s,
and who is that scary cowboy?!
October 4th, 2005 06:59 AM
caro Ha! Intrusive chicks always make for cool stories.
Speaking of Yoko Ono : for some reason, I had never noticed her appearance in Rock'n'roll Circus. I watched it last evening & was crying with laughter during the whole song. I'm sure Mick could have written great songs about her, had she been his girlfriend!
October 4th, 2005 07:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
egon wrote:
and who is that scary cowboy?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's TIM MCGRAW I, the most influential country artist since Hank Williams I.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 4th, 2005 07:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
caro wrote:
Ha! Intrusive chicks always make for cool stories.

Yeah. It seems all the tabloids are copying each other on this one. There might be something to it, there might not be.
October 4th, 2005 12:10 PM
texile
quote:
caro wrote:
Ha! Intrusive chicks always make for cool stories.
Speaking of Yoko Ono : for some reason, I had never noticed her appearance in Rock'n'roll Circus. I watched it last evening & was crying with laughter during the whole song. I'm sure Mick could have written great songs about her, had she been his girlfriend!

yep - that would have been something indeed - but i think he would have drawn the line at onstage wailing....
it's funny to watch her next to clapton in live toronto - you will be really LAUGHING at that....
that's good - jagger needs somebody to emasculate him....lol.
October 4th, 2005 05:03 PM
moy 8:45pm (UK)
Jagger denies Rolling Stones 'rift'

Mick Jagger has denied reports of a rift within the Rolling Stones allegedly caused by his girlfriend L'Wren Scott.

The Stones frontman took the unusual step of issuing a statement denying recent claims in which his partner of four years was said to have criticised the style of the band. She allegedly tried to make Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards give up smoking and questioned their choice of clothing.

Jagger, 62, said: "It is completely untrue to say that L'Wren has caused a rift between myself and the rest of the band.

"This is all nonsense, everyone has their own style. We have not had any disagreements about clothes, smoking or L'Wren, and this is all very hurtful for her."

The singer insisted his stylist girlfriend, aged 38, was close to all the other wives and girlfriends of the band, saying: "L'Wren would not dream of interfering with a band who have been on the road for 40 years. In fact the band, their wives and girlfriends are all getting along extremely well."

A spokesman for Jagger said it was "very unprecedented" for the singer to speak out in defence of his girlfriend, confirming: "Mick feels very aggrieved that most of this is untrue."

Ronnie Wood's wife Jo also rebuffed the rumours and denied trying to get her husband to give up smoking, saying: "Ronnie is the only one who can stop himself from smoking. No-one can tell him to stop. Me and L'Wren went together to stop smoking in Boston three years ago.

"It's ridiculous about the clothes. Ronnie has the same look which he has had for ever and that's not about to change. L'Wren has got great taste, is fantastic company and is just one of the girls on tour."

Michael Cohl, the Rolling Stones tour manager, added: "There is no friction between band members about their health, image or what they wear on stage - it is nonsense to even think that what the band wear for their shows at this point in their career, is even a talking point.

"There isn't any malice towards L'Wren from any of the Rolling Stones. In fact everyone gets on very well and I have enjoyed becoming her friend."

© Copyright Press Association Ltd 2005, All Rights Reserved.
October 4th, 2005 07:07 PM
texile now that is indeed unprecedented...jagger responding to something like that....too bad it isn't true because l'wren SHOULD change thier stage attire ....its fucking poofy and outdated.
i like this new smart woman - nice change for jagger.
October 4th, 2005 09:38 PM
Rev Twenty Redlights I agree, very cool of Mick to rush to her defense like this.

Also, unless he's just being more discrete, anyone else
think its interesting how Mick seems to be much more
faithful to L'wren, who reportedly allows him his flings,
than to Jerry who of course did not?

I mean, sheesh, he even lets her be part of the tour
crew, the tour usually being prime time for the old lech.
And its not as though he seems hen-pecked or anything.
On the contrary he seems stronger than hell these days.

So I give L'wren credit for obviously doing something,
or maybe a lot of things, right.
October 4th, 2005 11:36 PM
prism Keith rejected a few of L'Wren's ideas. For example, the idea of 100 dancing girls onstage. Keith got mad because he wasn't told about it sooner. He saw the dancing girls backstage on opening night and flipped so they were sent packing. L'Wren has chosen most of Mick's wardrobe this tour. The glittery little gold jacket was too effeminate. He shouldn't have worn the hat at the NFL show. But it could be worse.

She's not in any new songs, is she? He's singing about the ones who got away
October 5th, 2005 01:30 AM
gorda Micky always looks good, he doesn't need L'Wren for that.

Ronnie looks good, too, his wife dresses him, of course!

But, Charlie is the best dressed of them all!

Keith . . . when you're Keith Richards it doesn't matter, you can wear whatever you want.

Who dressed Keith back in the 80's? He looked his hottest then. I loved the jeans with the black vest with no shirt underneath, and of course the cowboy boots. Plus, all his jewelery, the hemp necklace, the handcuff bracelet and the skull ring. And, the black kohl liner.

I also liked it when he wore those black leather pants, the red shirt and black vest. That was a good look, too.

October 5th, 2005 01:49 AM
gypsy Olive Oyl (L'Wren) needs to shut up.
I think Anita is the obvious choice to give the guys a makeover. She did an excellent job of it 40 years ago, and I am sure she is just as capable to do it again.
October 5th, 2005 05:12 AM
Rev Twenty Redlights prism, you may know better but, given when it was
written, i think "biggest mistake" is about l'wren,
about mick almost going down the same path he did
with bianca and jerry, but deciding not to, deciding
it would be a big mistake, at this point in his life.

and i doubt the 100 lap dancer idea was l'wren's.
sounds like pure mick to me. keith should've let
it happen.

and as for mick looking like a matador pimp at times
onstage this year, that also seem right on to me.

prism, have mick or keith ever had a main squeeze you
approved of? you've trashed them all, havent you?
October 5th, 2005 12:01 PM
texile matador pimp! the look isn't too bad but he's just too bony for those tight jeans...he could get away with it back in the day but now.....gypsey - MICK is olive oyl in those pants;
as for biggest mistake - i like your take rev and i had thought about that angle...like he's warning himself of the path he'd taken before - everyone assumes all these songs about jerry hall because she tells everybody they are...and actually - jerry DID let mick screw around....i remember an article in vanity fair in the 80s where jerry hall goes up to bianca at a birthday party for jade and tells her:'i let mick do whatever he wants'
lol; ah, trivia.
and jagger once said in an interview promoting GITD -
responding to jerry hall's quote that he had just written an album full of love songs about her:
'she always thinks that..'
these songs are like puzzles.....
October 5th, 2005 04:39 PM
prism I've only "trashed" one. I've met nearly all of them. I love Marianne and Anita. Jerry is very nice and friendly. So is Jo. I've never met Bianca or Marsha, but they seem to be the most intellectually suited to Mick. I never met L'Wren. I've been told it was Mick's friend Karl Lagerfeld who insisted they meet.
October 5th, 2005 04:55 PM
luxury1 Christ, she's been 38 since the start of the Licks tour....
October 5th, 2005 04:56 PM
Joey
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Christ, she's been 38 since the start of the Licks tour....

Funny !

Oh my , ... you are Sassy !!!!!!!!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)