ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Oh - 24th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 25th, 2005 12:13 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Martha wrote:
Mick Jagger is now officially the 9th AND 10th wonder of the world!!!!!!!

What vitamins is that man injesting????? I needs me some of dat!

Ask Rafael Palmeiro....
September 25th, 2005 12:14 PM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This tour is a bust, and Columbus didn't sell well, although it was filled to capacity, and not a dry eye in the house....
September 25th, 2005 12:15 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

the fact that they attempted it to try and satisfy hardcore fans deserves a big compliment for sure! If I had been there, I would have been pumped too to hear it and see it right there, no matter what!

yup!
And the changes aren't smooth, but if they would rehearse the song more often it would work. In this version you hear mick telling them to change to the break and hear the band working towards that point.

And everyone who is yelling: ronnie sucks on this version: well he almost sucks on every song, so why blame him on only this one
September 25th, 2005 12:21 PM
telecaster I can die a content man now

YES!

Fucking awesome

I love this band
September 25th, 2005 12:24 PM
telecaster
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

This tour is a bust, and Columbus didn't sell well, although it was filled to capacity, and not a dry eye in the house....

LOL!
September 25th, 2005 12:25 PM
telecaster
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Where is Saint Sway this morning?????

Eating crowE I presume???

Sounds like those in attendance had a wonderful and a magical night.

So happy for my friends Martha and TomL...and MEG...PLEASE check your email...your phone calls were outstanding.

God Bless The Rolling Stones...we are SO lucky to have our Band still playing and playing WELL.

Marianne....your story brings back memories...Yes HE is real!!!!!! Amazing to be in the same room with him, isn't it???

LJ.

Good post LJ!

He is doing disgusting things with pictures of Kate Hudson
September 25th, 2005 12:57 PM
Nellcote "LadyJane wrote:
Where is Saint Sway this morning?????"

LJ, it is telepathic, as I had a post all ready to go to the Crowes loving friend, however, I declined. Must be as it's Sunday, as on the seventh day ugly posts should not occur.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMartha was the show Wickied Pissah or what?
September 25th, 2005 01:27 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Keith, Bill and Bobby Keys have all (separately) stated in the last few years that it was indeed played on that tour but that they abandoned it soon afterwards. There are no recordings of CYHMK in circulation but it was apparently played at least twice - on the opening show in Newcastle and in Glasgow. If one of the guys who were onstage at those shows had said it was played, I would have considerable doubt as to whether or not their memories were playing tricks with them. Three of them saying so is good enough for me. Wyman specifically mentions it in the setlist from the first Newcastle show in his "Rolling With the Stones" book (page 374)

well, OK then...I stand corrected...

September 25th, 2005 01:48 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
SWAY mp3:
http://www.deathsocks.com/columbus/

Thanks to: drake and IORR!!!!

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,254006

[Edited by Moonisup]

Damn. . .Sway and Mr Pitiful!!! Being able to download this the next day is the pinnacle of instant gratification!!!
Thank you!!!
September 25th, 2005 01:55 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
And before I hit the sack, heres one for the trivia buffs amongst you

Tonight's debut of "Sway" is easily the longest period ever between the Stones releasing a song and premiering it live (in fact considering how long the Stones have been going, it could be quite possible that no artist has ever waited this long before premiering a song in concert)

By my reckoning, the top 5 are :

1) Sway - (April 1971. Premiered 24.9.05 - 34 years/5 mths)
2) Shes A Rainbow (Dec.1967. Premiered 25.9.97 - 29 years/9 mths)
3) You Got The Silver (Dec.1969. Premiered 25.1.99 - 29 yrs/1 mth)
4. Sister Morphine (April 1971. Premiered 23.9.97 - 28 yrs/5 mths)
5. Moonlight Mile (April 1971. Premiered 25.1.99 - 27 yrs/9 mths)

Damn I feel privileged to have been at that Oakland show!
September 25th, 2005 03:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Damn I feel privileged to have been at that Oakland show!

well..you got 3 premieres of long lost songs that night, as they unearthed "Some Girls" as well...however, it had "only" been 20 years and 7 months since its release, so I guess it wasnt worth gettin' excited about, eh?
September 25th, 2005 04:19 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

well..you got 3 premieres of long lost songs that night, as they unearthed "Some Girls" as well...however, it had "only" been 20 years and 7 months since its release, so I guess it wasnt worth gettin' excited about, eh?

I'm such a huge fan of Let It Bleed, You Got The Silver is what stuck with me (Along with Route 66 and I Just Want To Make Love To You). She Smiled Sweetly from Roseland was something I'll never forget!
September 25th, 2005 04:31 PM
monkey_man Gazza,
Do you have a copy of that Oakland show? I looked on Dime and didn't see a copy of it.
MM
September 25th, 2005 04:43 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Holy FUCK! Sway? No SHIT!

I really didn't think that they would play it.

I'm seeing them twice in the upcoming week...Hershey & MCI...ya gotta figure that they'll play it at one of those two shows.

My ballbag just got all swole up fulla nut butter.

I'm so excited that I'm typing this with JJ's erect nipples.

I swear the God my skin turns to chicken everytime my buddy Essessy says things like that.

What if they play Sway and CYHMK and Midnight Rambler in a row......

Whishful thinking?!? April Fool?!? February 31?!?!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
September 25th, 2005 04:47 PM
luxury1 I thought Sway sounded pretty damn good first time out! I think Mick's vocal delivery added a country flair to the song. And the guitar solos werent all that bad, certainly not Mick Taylor, but Woody seems to be putting in a much more concentrated effort this tour. THe sound on that mp3 is truly amazing for a boot. I love the internet...
September 25th, 2005 04:52 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I thought Sway sounded pretty damn good first time out! I think Mick's vocal delivery added a country flair to the song. And the guitar solos werent all that bad, certainly not Mick Taylor, but Woody seems to be putting in a much more concentrated effort this tour. THe sound on that mp3 is truly amazing for a boot. I love the internet...

The taper did a terrific job. One of the best audience recordings I've ever listened.
September 25th, 2005 05:38 PM
Moonisup
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I thought Sway sounded pretty damn good first time out! I think Mick's vocal delivery added a country flair to the song. And the guitar solos werent all that bad, certainly not Mick Taylor, but Woody seems to be putting in a much more concentrated effort this tour. THe sound on that mp3 is truly amazing for a boot. I love the internet...

were (SP??)
September 25th, 2005 05:38 PM
Moonisup
quote:
luxury1 wrote:

were (SP??) you there!
and indeed JJF a great recording~

Rik
September 25th, 2005 05:54 PM
Madafaka Excellent setlist! I love to hear SWAY live!
September 25th, 2005 06:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Gazza,
Do you have a copy of that Oakland show? I looked on Dime and didn't see a copy of it.
MM

never seen a copy of it as a bit torrent but yeah I have it..its been in widespread circulation ever since it came out

All of the No Security shows are now available. The only one that was missing was Fargo but I managed to track down a copy straight from an uncirculated master a while back, albeit in not too hot quality
September 25th, 2005 06:59 PM
glencar I wish I'd been at the show. I'm listening now & Riffy is correct that Mick's vocal is a bit off but the music is good. No= horns! Yet!
September 25th, 2005 07:56 PM
Lethargy Speaking of Sway, where is Saint Sway? Calling Saint Sway...they just played your favorite stones song for the first time ever!
September 25th, 2005 09:57 PM
jaggergurl Marianne.. you post just made me grin... what a wonderful way to feel the Stones live power for the first time, and your words bring back memories of my first time to see the wonder we call Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones!!

and to all the wonderful people that were there to hear this historic concert... yay! and congrats to all of you!!

still looking at the setlist with awe...

The king is the man who can.
Keith Richards
September 25th, 2005 11:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Shit! This is pathetic as I can't find pics of this historic night on the net!

BTW, I just notices that the last three headers from the rehearsals in Toronto had the hidden message

Please go back to rehearse Sway and play it live

LOL
September 25th, 2005 11:22 PM
tumbling dice
A great version ! Mick and the band got some trouble after first solo. Sway is one of the best songs of rock´n´´ roll.
September 26th, 2005 02:05 AM
Zack I think it was a great version! Did Jagger play guitar?
September 26th, 2005 02:39 AM
FotiniD
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
BTW, I just notices that the last three headers from the rehearsals in Toronto had the hidden message

Please go back to rehearse Sway and play it live

LOL

See Gerardo, your voodoo worked!
September 26th, 2005 07:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:
I think it was a great version! Did Jagger play guitar?

No. Its confirmed that he didnt
September 26th, 2005 07:47 AM
corgi37 If they dont tour here i will kill myself! No, actually, i'll kill my wife.

I could just imagine standing on a mild April night, my mate Daethgod near me, maybe SIA in the next row, and the launch into Sway.

Man, that would be so freaking cool!

they did stuff it up. I hated the tempo. And, for once, horns would have been cool as hell on that. But, it was really great to hear (to me) their best "forgotten" song played live. Christ, i hope whatever dvd of whatever show they release has Sway on it!
September 26th, 2005 08:43 AM
FotiniD RubyTuesday posted a pic at Shidoobee:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/stonesfan/columbus.jpg

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)