ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Oh - 24th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 25th, 2005 04:14 AM
tumblingdice01 Mr Pitiful by Otis Redding!

Mr. Pitiful

They call me Mr. Pitiful
Baby thats my name now
They call me Mr. Pitiful Thats how I got my fame

But people just don`t seem to understand
How someone can feel so blue
They call me Mr pitiful cause I lost someone just like you.

The call me Mr. Pitiful
This everybody know now
They call me Mr. Pitiful Most everyplace I go.

But nobody seems to understand now,
How can a man sing such a sad song
When he lost everything that he had.

How can I explain to you
How somebody con get so very blue
How can I tell you about my past
If all things won`t end.

Mr. Pitiful
Thats my name now
They call me Mr. Pitiful Thats how I got my fame

But nobody seems to understand
what make a man can feel so very blue
They call me Mr. Pitiful cause I m in love with you

Can I explain to you
Everything is going wrong
I`ve lost everything i had
I have to sing this sad song
To get back to her
And I m gonna sing this song to you
And i want you
And I want you
And I want you
And I want you
[And I wanna tell you everything is going through my mind]
And I want to sing
And I want to sing
And I want to sing
And I want to sing this song with you
[And I wanna sing this song to everyone]
Cause I want them to understand what I talkin about
I want you to understand what I`m sayin......
September 25th, 2005 06:28 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Gazza wrote:
And before I hit the sack, heres one for the trivia buffs amongst you

Tonight's debut of "Sway" is easily the longest period ever between the Stones releasing a song and premiering it live (in fact considering how long the Stones have been going, it could be quite possible that no artist has ever waited this long before premiering a song in concert)

By my reckoning, the top 5 are :

1) Sway - (April 1971. Premiered 24.9.05 - 34 years/5 mths)
2) Shes A Rainbow (Dec.1967. Premiered 25.9.97 - 29 years/9 mths)
3) You Got The Silver (Dec.1969. Premiered 25.1.99 - 29 yrs/1 mth)
4. Sister Morphine (April 1971. Premiered 23.9.97 - 28 yrs/5 mths)
5. Moonlight Mile (April 1971. Premiered 25.1.99 - 27 yrs/9 mths)

I think "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" makes it to #2 1971/2002 not counting of course the versions by separate members like Taylor and did Keith do it with him in 1986 too ?
September 25th, 2005 07:37 AM
Moonisup Sway really sounds great!
September 25th, 2005 08:00 AM
Scratched Back
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

I think "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" makes it to #2 1971/2002 not counting of course the versions by separate members like Taylor and did Keith do it with him in 1986 too ?

that would make 4 sticky songs in the top 6; all debuting around 30 years after sticky was released. really amazing that so many songs of this more or less definitive stones album have not been played before....
i can look it up, but someone will know from memory, are there any sticky songs left that have not yet debuted live?
September 25th, 2005 08:03 AM
Moonisup SWAY mp3:
http://www.deathsocks.com/columbus/

Thanks to: drake and IORR!!!!

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,254006

[Edited by Moonisup]
September 25th, 2005 08:23 AM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Sway really sounds great!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 25th, 2005 08:26 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
SWAY mp3:
http://www.deathsocks.com/columbus/

Thanks to: drake and IORR!!!!

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,254006

[Edited by Moonisup]

Oh my sweet Lord........ I am now so excited that I'm typing this with my own erect nipples!
September 25th, 2005 08:31 AM
Nellcote The A Bigger bang tour rolls on...
To all of the naysayers, you are either with us or against us!
September 25th, 2005 08:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot Holy FUCK! Sway? No SHIT!

I really didn't think that they would play it.

I'm seeing them twice in the upcoming week...Hershey & MCI...ya gotta figure that they'll play it at one of those two shows.

My ballbag just got all swole up fulla nut butter.

I'm so excited that I'm typing this with JJ's erect nipples.
September 25th, 2005 08:41 AM
FotiniD SWAY! For the love of God! Was it about time or what?
I'm downloading the mp3 right now, thanks so much for the link.

... Jeez, Sway!
September 25th, 2005 09:22 AM
Lazy Bones Finally!

Not holding my breath for Toronto, Monday. Two shows in a row for a long-awaited live debut would be wishful thinking. Although I thought it sounded great - especially Ronnie's guitar - I can see Mick not being happy with how the vocals went. That's just picky, Mick.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it again. I would, however, be diappointed.

Could you imagine what a Back of My Hand>Sway medley would sound like...?
September 25th, 2005 09:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

CYHMK wasplayed on at least a couple of occasions in 1971, however (I havent updated the setlists page to include it). However, theres no 1971 recordings of it
September 25th, 2005 09:33 AM
deuce CYHMK was played prior to 2002? Shame there isn't a recording of that, real shame. Imagine what that has got to sound like.
September 25th, 2005 09:34 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
This tour has finally got started, in my eyes

Here's hoping the rest of the show offers a couple more surprises and they'll continue to shake things up a bit over the next series of shows
[Edited by Gazza]

INDEED! And I was there! I can't BELIEVE my luck. Yeah Meg was the one calling you LJ.....Mick was busy warming up! LOL

The CURSE I've had for the last 3 years is now officially taken off by my getting SWAY! I'm blown over!
September 25th, 2005 09:36 AM
mickmask
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

I haven't seen them play since The Phoenix back in August so I'm really looking forward to when I see them in Toronto on Monday.

AND

If they play Sway on Monday... my skin will turn to chicken.

LOL
I'll bring the baster...
September 25th, 2005 09:37 AM
deuce By the way, Sway sounds great! I don't see how any Stones fan can not dig this. They are finally starting to mix up the setlist and they throw in a tune that they have never played live before...one that requires alot of effort (well, mostly from Ronnie). Woody doesnt play the exact Taylor solo, actually he kind of does he just changes it in spots and he sounds great! Great tone, up there in the mix and sounding confident. I wish this would stay in the set because I'd imagine it would sound REALLY great in say, 4 or 5 shows from now as they get more used to it. Crank those guitars more too! (Keith!)

Mick doesnt have that growl in his voice like on the studio version, but you can see where he is trying to hit some of the notes and who knows where he will go with this as the tour goes on. He was still great.

For those of you at this show, sounds like you got a good show and obviously an awesome setlist.
September 25th, 2005 09:40 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Martha wrote:

INDEED! And I was there! I can't BELIEVE my luck. Yeah Meg was the one calling you LJ.....Mick was busy warming up! LOL

The CURSE I've had for the last 3 years is now officially taken off by my getting SWAY! I'm blown over!

MARTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your FIRST show of the Tour and you get HISTORY!!!!!!!

Couldn't happen to a finer person!!!!!!!!!!

This is your turning point, Sister!!!!!!!!!!! It's all good stuff from this point forward!!!!!!!!

xx00
LJ.

GOD BLESS YOU MEG!!!!!!!! I felt like I was there!!!!!
September 25th, 2005 09:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
deuce wrote:
CYHMK was played prior to 2002? Shame there isn't a recording of that, real shame. Imagine what that has got to sound like.

By all accounts from band members, it was shit and totally fell apart (Yep, even with Taylor in the band). They couldnt figure it out onstage at all. Which is why it was dropped after a couple of performances
September 25th, 2005 09:53 AM
PartyDoll MEG Short and sweet- Fricking Great!!! Ronnie rocked the house-He was totally on fire. Mick, of course was flawless. His voice was a little too high in the mix, but it could have been where we were sitting on the floor. I knew we were in for something special when they opened with BS and if you have listened to Sway you realise we got it- Awesome!!! Mr. Pitiful was another delicious treat. Thank you Stones for rockin' my world!!
LJ - would have called you more, but it is hard to dance with a phone in your hand!!!
September 25th, 2005 10:01 AM
Moonisup
quote:
deuce wrote:

Mick doesnt have that growl in his voice like on the studio version, but you can see where he is trying to hit some of the notes and who knows where he will go with this as the tour goes on. He was still great.

For those of you at this show, sounds like you got a good show and obviously an awesome setlist.

MIck does a great job, sings high! (some high notes!), goes with the meldoy, great guitar by Blondie too. Although this is a Chuck version, I think it will become a very good version if they play it more often!
September 25th, 2005 10:03 AM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

MARTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your FIRST show of the Tour and you get HISTORY!!!!!!!

Couldn't happen to a finer person!!!!!!!!!!

This is your turning point, Sister!!!!!!!!!!! It's all good stuff from this point forward!!!!!!!!

xx00
LJ.

GOD BLESS YOU MEG!!!!!!!! I felt like I was there!!!!!

Bless you my Stonesian Sister.....I feel the curse has been lifted.....I know it has.....I can't believe my good fortune. 3 years is a long time to be under a curse.
Right before we went inside the venue Sway was playing on the van stereo set up by the local radio whoevers....and I stopped and said to Chris.....it's a sign! :-)

TomL....by the way is the fucking COOLEST dude on the planet! He got us right in to the party no problemo (I felt extra special) and I kissed and hugged him many times over for all of you who know and love him.

Meg you looked fantastic!!! It was GREAT to see you again. It was really cool finding out you had been calling LJ once we chatted after the show to get the set-list up. Good goin sistah's'!

We did upgrade our tickets as well and luckily got in the back curve of the lower bowl in section 111 row H(the $160's verses $95's).

My GAWD when that B-stage rose up and began coming right towards us as they sing MISS YOU (which I now "get" it's the PERFECT song to sing for that moment....and they played it very well) there just ain't nothing like it. Wait and see. :-)

I had lots and lots of goose pimples.

I still have 'em!

And....I clapped so much and so hard that the underside of my hands are all red and HURT like I have a rug burn on them!!!

I KNOW.....it's ONLY rock and roll...

but I LIKE IT!

Fuck Yup!

grinnin' from ear to ear and livin' on cloud 9,
Martha!
September 25th, 2005 10:20 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

CYHMK wasplayed on at least a couple of occasions in 1971, however (I havent updated the setlists page to include it). However, theres no 1971 recordings of it

Not in a concert it was not. With all due respect, Gazza, I got Karnbach's book in front of me right now. There were 9 (nine) public concerts in 1971...all in the UK...plus one TV show. I see no setlist for any of those that includes CYHMK. It WAS soundchecked then. It WAS rehearsed. But they never had it live in front of a crowd then. Please provide ANY evidence that it showed up in a setlist. And let me make it clear, I hope you're right, because I'd love to hear it then -- even if they messed it up....
September 25th, 2005 11:09 AM
Scratched Back MJ: i can't remember which CD this is from

haha
September 25th, 2005 11:10 AM
Marianne Holy Freaking CRAP!!!!

I went and saw the Columbus show last night and I gotta say, I had pretty crappy seats, but I couldn't have had more fun ever!!!! I have never lost it and danced and screamed and clapped with so much passion and enthusiasim in my entire 16 years of life. I've never seen the Stones in person, so last night was my first concert. It was so awesome. I was deaf and speechless when I got out of there, but OHHHH, it was such a blast!

He did freaking Sympathy in a top hat and tails. I so hoped he would!!! And a few times during the show, he would turn around and motion to our section and I got so excited!!! It was so awesome. Brown Sugar and Jumpin' Jack Flash were the best performances of the night, with Sway, Sympathy, and Honky Tonk Woman in close second ties. I kept looking over at my mom and sister and saying, "OMG, he's really REAL!" Forever, he's just been this dude in pics and on tv, but now, I know he's really real.

It was amazing!!!!!!
September 25th, 2005 11:18 AM
Martha Mick Jagger is now officially the 9th AND 10th wonder of the world!!!!!!!

What vitamins is that man injesting????? I needs me some of dat!
September 25th, 2005 11:28 AM
Riffhard I must now find someone that went to Columbus last night,and kill them! For love of God they did it! They really did it!

I don't want to piss on anyone's parade here,but I have a hard time believeing that they will be doing Sway much more. Jagger completely fucked the phrasing of the tune. Ronnie sounded pretty good for sure,but Mick butchered it! Slam me if you want,but if I were at that show I would have been pumped that I saw Sway,but at the same time I'd be pissed that it was played with absoluty no passion from Mick. Yes,it's great that they finally pulled it out,but it's too bad that Mick did not listen to the studio version (Stcky Fingers,Mick!)a few more times before he decided to debut it live.

Riffhard
Listen to that link again,and tell me I'm wrong.
September 25th, 2005 11:33 AM
Angiegirl No, you're right imo, I think it's a very mediocre version. And Mick tries to save his voice, yeah, maybe. I think Ronnie's work was bad as well btw, and all the changes are messy as hell, the tempo is all over the place. I cringed listening to it.

BUT: the fact that they attempted it to try and satisfy hardcore fans deserves a big compliment for sure! If I had been there, I would have been pumped too to hear it and see it right there, no matter what!
September 25th, 2005 11:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Not in a concert it was not. With all due respect, Gazza, I got Karnbach's book in front of me right now. There were 9 (nine) public concerts in 1971...all in the UK...plus one TV show. I see no setlist for any of those that includes CYHMK. It WAS soundchecked then. It WAS rehearsed. But they never had it live in front of a crowd then. Please provide ANY evidence that it showed up in a setlist. And let me make it clear, I hope you're right, because I'd love to hear it then -- even if they messed it up....

Karnbach's wrong, Sean. (there are quite a few mistakes in his setlists in that book, although to be fair he does a great job). I believed that it hadnt been played in 71 for some time myself, but it seems that it was.

The '71 tour is the one thats hardest to get info on in terms of research, because theres so little from it in terms of recordings, plus the shows were in very small theatres, so the entire tour was seen by probably no more than about 20,000 people.

Keith, Bill and Bobby Keys have all (separately) stated in the last few years that it was indeed played on that tour but that they abandoned it soon afterwards. There are no recordings of CYHMK in circulation but it was apparently played at least twice - on the opening show in Newcastle and in Glasgow. If one of the guys who were onstage at those shows had said it was played, I would have considerable doubt as to whether or not their memories were playing tricks with them. Three of them saying so is good enough for me. Wyman specifically mentions it in the setlist from the first Newcastle show in his "Rolling With the Stones" book (page 374)
September 25th, 2005 11:49 AM
LadyJane Where is Saint Sway this morning?????

Eating crowE I presume???

Sounds like those in attendance had a wonderful and a magical night.

So happy for my friends Martha and TomL...and MEG...PLEASE check your email...your phone calls were outstanding.

God Bless The Rolling Stones...we are SO lucky to have our Band still playing and playing WELL.

Marianne....your story brings back memories...Yes HE is real!!!!!! Amazing to be in the same room with him, isn't it???

LJ.
September 25th, 2005 12:04 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Finally!

Not holding my breath for Toronto, Monday. Two shows in a row for a long-awaited live debut would be wishful thinking. Although I thought it sounded great - especially Ronnie's guitar - I can see Mick not being happy with how the vocals went. That's just picky, Mick.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it again. I would, however, be diappointed.

Could you imagine what a Back of My Hand>Sway medley would sound like...?

I reckon it would sound good, they could play BOMH first and then launch into Sway. I've just listened to the MP3, abd considering its a live debut, its not bad at all, tho Mick clearly didn't follow the exactly the same melody line from the original making it sound a bit showy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)