ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan plays Stones! Return to archive
10-05-02 10:47 AM
orjano

Bob Dylan opened his US fall tour last night in Seattle, Washington.
Not only did he playe 3 Warren Zevon songs but he also did Brown Sugar!!!
Should be interesting to hear...

�rjan
10-05-02 12:55 PM
Gimme Shelter That's cool. I'll be seeing Bob on Tuesday in Sacramento.
10-05-02 01:03 PM
Nasty Habits I didn't believe this at first, but thanks so much for posting it. I checked and verified it - forgot that Bob was even going back out. That show sounds unbelievable - over ten songs at the piano! A dream come true for those of us who love his vamping pounding Jerry Lee Lewis on 'ludes style of keyboarding. I guess Bob is playing Brown Sugar in return for the Stones covering Like a Rolling Stones. I believe if I would have been at that show I would have crapped my pants. I wasn't going to bother with Bob on this leg what with the Stones being out and all, but if he keeps playing piano and Brown Sugar I am there!

10-05-02 04:05 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
A dream come true for those of us who love his vamping pounding Jerry Lee Lewis on 'ludes style of keyboarding.

i am one of those - i love bob's keybord style - i take it he did the piano on "spanish is the loving tounge" - it (like the song as whole) is beautiful

also, there's a scene in "don't look back" where he's playing some motif on a piano backstage - again wonderfully evocative

and yes, at times he does a great jerry lee style vamp - also, is that him on "dirge"?

and "brown sugar"?? - typical bob genius - right out of left field

nasty- sorry to take so long in replying to your last e-mail - i'll see if i cant' fire of a response sometime soon - yours - sia
10-05-02 04:39 PM
Miss U. I wish the Stones would drop "Like A Rolling Stone" from their shows.
Even though the song was written for Brian, the sound of it makes me cringe.
10-05-02 06:25 PM
Martha Thanks for the mini review of Dylan's tour opener..now that I know this info I'll make sure to catch him in Dayton when he rolls in this November.

Let's keep on rockin' with the greatest!