ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I thought I'd see more of you.... Return to archive
10-04-02 05:50 PM
Miss U. ....at rollingstones.com

Why such a small rocks off contingent there?
10-04-02 05:56 PM
Moonisup cos most of us don't have tix yet and this is more funny!!

I get my rocks off here
10-04-02 08:38 PM
Angiegirl Because I think their price is a rip off.

Because there are fans outside the US who don't have a membership (yet?), since we're not exactly sure yet what we'll get for our money (in terms of tickets/packages, especially the club show tix...). It's still not sure how tix will be sold over here for example (triplets, singles, through memberships...???).

Because we already have Rocks Off.

Is it fun over there in members-only areas? I must admit I am a bit curious about the parts I'm not allowed to visit on rs.com.
10-04-02 08:43 PM
Scot Rocks Same reasons as Angiegirl.

and yeah I was wondering too, what is it like in those member only areas?, particularly the community part.

Cheers

Mark
10-04-02 08:51 PM
Miss U. Well, I love Rocks Off, but I post at several places....

You don't need to buy a package to join rollingstones.com, although you can....I never bought a package deal. I just have the basic membership, which is free if you have a ticket to a Stones show.

I got in with the one ticket I've bought through Ticketmaster. All you do if fill out the online form at rs.com, print it, photocopy your ticket on there, then fax it to them. Presto, you're in!

They have some great features, like a Gallery where fans can upload their Stones pics/art/poetry etc., links to fan sites, a fan of the week, fansite of the month, every day they post members' birthdays, a video/audio of the band section, a daily journal of the band's activities, news, chat, message board. And soon they'll have an "Exchange" of questions between the band & the members, where we ask questions to the band & vice versa to us.
I think it's really good. The message board could be more active.
10-04-02 09:20 PM
Angiegirl It sounds nice Miss U. Really.
But because in Europe we can't buy tix yet, we don't have the 'ticket-membership'. Even 50 dollars for a 'basic' one (let alone almost 100 dollars for a 'premium international'!!) is a lot for me. It lasts till end of the tour. But here in Holland, they'll play August 2003, last month of the tour!! As long as the Dutch organizer Mojo Concerts (also part of ClearChannel) is not clear about things... We'll know a lot more at the end of October/beginning of November (rest of tour announcement) I hope. So maybe I'll see you there next month!
10-05-02 04:12 AM
RubyFriday 2 weeks ago I asked if some of the double ticket buyers could open a 2nd(3rd...)account on RS.com and publish here the passwords for the europeans,but nobody answered...
10-05-02 11:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot I post here.

I posted my Vet Stadium review at Shidoobee. But I never even checked to see if it got any responses.

I like it here.

I just don't have the time to be checking 3 or 4 boards.

So here I am, and here I'll stay.
10-05-02 02:48 PM
Nasty Habits We stay here because this is the world's greatest rock and roll message board. If I need some info I might scramble someplace else, but the humor, comaraderie, and surprising quality of writing of this place suit me the best. I would hang at Gasland more, but I have lately found myself too busy, and only keep up with Rocks Off!
10-05-02 04:37 PM
Miss U. Yep, I understand....

Voodoo knows I like this board alot. At times though, this board lately seems to be more & more like Gasland, which is not how this place used to be. There's camaderie here, but most of the time the camaderie is very clique-ish, among the same clique that frequents Gasland.
But seeing how rs.com IS the BAND's site, I like to hang there too.
Hope to see the European rocks-offers there in a few months.