ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where did the Stones stay last night? Return to archive
10-04-02 10:47 AM
sandrew So, they arrived at Dulles around 4:45 yesterday. Anyone know where they hung out or what hotel they stayed at in D.C. last night?

My friend and I caught the Ryan Adams show at the 9:30 Club and then, three-quarters lit, went searching for the Stones. We waltzed into the Four Seasons in street clothes and beelined to the bar. No luck.

By the way, Adams played his "Brown Sugar" cover last night. He announced it by saying, "I'm gonna play a song by my favorite band, the Rolling Stones."

I had a hunch that Keith might show up at that show last night. I was wrong, obviously.

So, does anyone have a line on the Stones' activities last night?
10-04-02 10:52 AM
jb Sandrew...any last minute Stones frenzy going on in D.C?
10-04-02 10:59 AM
sandrew You mean with ticket sales? I don't think so. There's a good buzz about the show, though. The local classic rock station is playing Stones all day and broadcasting from the FedEx parking lot this afternoon.

There was a big spread in the Washington Post on Michael Cohl. It was basically a rewrite of the Fortune magazine cover article, but was good, positive coverage nonetheless.

There was also a small item in the Post about Chuck Leavell meeting with the Agriculture Secretary about forest conservation.

You can rest assured they'll get a good review in Washington's other paper, the Times. The reviewer will be none other than yours truly. I promise to be objective, however.
10-04-02 11:19 AM
jb Really!! That's cool...I imagine that jerk Segal will trash them...Someone on GasX3 said 62,000 seats were sold...I don't think this is accurate as they have only been making 50,000 seats available for stadium shows...anything near 50,000 would be pretty dam good. Also, maybe the great 60 minute piece will stir up some sales!
10-04-02 01:17 PM
sandrew I can almost guarantee that Segal's review will go something like this: I saw them at the Tower in Philly, and they were great. But the elephantine stadium setting just doesn't have the same energy, blah, blah, blah.