ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Smoke? Return to archive
10-03-02 09:18 PM
JaggeresqueUK Hey ya! Its Mia from London, UK here... and, I'm wondering... if... MICK JAGGER STILL SMOKES? I have Being Mick, he never smoked, I saw concerts, he never smoked... in all the 60's pictures he does smoke... does he still smoke? Thanks! If you knw, email me: [email protected] or just reply!

Thanks!
Mia
10-04-02 12:47 AM
Mikey Mick does not smoke and hasn't for years. To quote, "its one of the most boring drugs there are on top of being terrible for you."
10-04-02 06:18 AM
gypsymofo60 He gave up around the time of 'Tattoo You" didn't he? I remember reading an interview with Jerry Hall who said that once he'd kicked it like many a reformed smoker, he wanted everyone to quit...Sound familiar? I'm gasping for one now as I attempt to kick the habit.
10-04-02 06:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man Apart from me and AzQb, nobody was smoking the legal stuff at the Giants gathering!

Alex
10-04-02 06:56 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Apart from me and AzQb, nobody was smoking the legal stuff at the Giants gathering!

Alex

Cigarettes, and their smokers have become the paraiahs of modern society, which is all very well for those tin-pot do-gooders, and greedy lawyers, but is it fair to denegrate those who bother nobody else with their ciggys. Especially all that guilt by association crap, and it costs the economy x amount of dollars, pounds, Euros, etc, every year in lost production, and it in itself is a financial drag on economies, who gives a fuck? Go right ahead and smoke 'em up kiddies, fuck the economy! Blow smoke in the faces of your fellow concert goers.
10-04-02 07:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think the Goverment needs smokers. We pay alot of tax on ciggies. The Goverment needs that money!
10-04-02 07:16 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I think the Goverment needs smokers. We pay alot of tax on ciggies. The Goverment needs that money!

Exactly! And then they come over all sanctamonious, wagging a disapproving finger at people ,and say "because you can't be trusted to look out for your own welfare, we are going to continue to increase the cost of tobaccoe to the user until we price it beyond his ability to smoke,(for his/her own good of course), they expect us to swallow it, hook, line, and sinker. It's just an excuse to keep ripping people off. The truth is NO government wants to lose the phenomenal revenue that tobacco tax generates. Our welfare! Hahahahahahaha ..Pull the other one, it plays 'Bitch'.
10-04-02 07:22 AM
Maxlugar Mick quit sometime around '79- '80 as far as I can tell.

In late '78 on SNL he takes Ronnie's Gigarette and deeply inhales during Beast of Burden.

In '81 he does the same thing during the same song (I'm pretty sure) but DOES NOT INHALE!

The case is solved!

Inspector Maxy.
10-04-02 08:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man When did Charlie pack it in? Ronnie still smokes for England and Keith doesnt seem to smoke on stage anymore

Hey Maxy!

It was cool to hear your voice in Scopes car. I was NOT the one who shouted "Your an Ass Hole!" lol

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
10-04-02 09:30 AM
Maxlugar Oh that wasn't you?

I was very hurt by that. I thought it was you. I have been holding back the fabulous Jeff Beck Starter Kit #2 from you because of this. I will burn this weekend and send to you immediately! You're gonna love it.

If anyone else wants it just ask. Here's what some people are saying about it right now!:

Joey - Thanks Maxy! You have changed my life with that Jeff Beck starter kit! I take back all those posts mocking you. I'll never steal another word from you ever again!!! How could I? I'll be spending my time admiring this incredible talent known as Jeff Beck. I love you.

Honky Tonk Man - Thanks for the Jeff Beck starter kit #1 Maxy! I can say without a trace of sarcasm that you, my friend, have done more for U.S. - British relations then all those scumbag Presidents and Prime Ministers of the past. You are a God!

Martha - Maxy you are the best! What a collection of incredible guitar work! Why have I waited so long to get up to speed on this music? If there is anything I can "do for you" let me know. I can knot a cherry stem with my tongue.

Factory Girl - Holy shit Maxy! When people say you are the best, they are not kidding! You are a God-like figure towering above all others. You have made my life complete with this Jeff Beck starter kit! If there is anything I can "do for you" let me know. I can knot a cherry stem with my tongue.

WOW!

Folks, don't miss your chance to jump on the bandwagon and think I'm great too!

Order today!

[email protected]!

You'll say "Fuck Yup!"

(Offer not valid in most Middle Eastern countries with a towel headed populace)
10-04-02 10:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man Awww Come On Maxy! How could you think id say such a thing!

They asked me to say something but i didnt know what to say!

So erhuum, someone blurted out that statment!

I eagerly await the second installment

Your Freind from across the pond

Alex
10-04-02 10:49 AM
sirmoonie HTM, Keith was hacking many butts at Roseland.

10-04-02 02:10 PM
magicwoman i think he is very healthy
10-04-02 02:44 PM
Moonisup He smoke now and then, he said that in an interview with Sonja Barend in Holland in 2001! the question was about if he lived healthier while prepairing for a tour! he said he did, Sonja asked him about smoking on tour, he said he didn't, but sometimes when he's not on tour!

RIk
10-04-02 03:27 PM
Mick28 Who the f**k is Sonja Barend???
10-04-02 03:37 PM
Maxlugar I too noticed he did not smoke at MSG or Giants. Maybe one that I missed but nothing like the old days.

Ronnie is smoking like crazy.

I wish I could smoke again. I really miss it. I started too young and the doctor told me I have quite a bit of scaring on my lungs.

God I loved having that first cup of coffee and a cigarette afterwards.

Life is cruel.

m
10-04-02 03:38 PM
Moonisup a dutch bitch who interviewed jagger as if she was an teenager
10-04-02 03:41 PM
jb Hey Rik...magicwomans avatar is cool!!!
10-04-02 03:43 PM
Moonisup I know, she a good friend of mine from holland, we talk with msn almost every day, she's a very good fan, I've send her some boots! Did you send the cd's yet?

|RIK
10-04-02 04:13 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Go right ahead and smoke 'em up kiddies, fuck the economy! Blow smoke in the faces of your fellow concert goers.

I am asthmatic. If you blow smoke in my face I'll kick you in the balls. Very hard. Then I'll do it twice more since you are an Aerosmith fan and are clueless enough to take them seriously as anything other than audio junk food!

If everyone stopped smoking in this country, social security would crash and there would soon be an enormous economic crisis unparalleled in history due to many many more people living to a ripe old age...the death and disease smoking creates is an industry unto itself...
10-04-02 04:17 PM
Mick28 I know, did see it...I am from holland to by the way..

quote:
Moonisup wrote:
a dutch bitch who interviewed jagger as if she was an teenager

10-04-02 04:20 PM
Moonisup oh ok, where you're from in holland
10-04-02 04:21 PM
Mick28 Breda; I believe you did sent me a song just recently??

quote:
Moonisup wrote:
oh ok, where you're from in holland

10-04-02 04:30 PM
Moonisup That could be, My memorty is letting me down, I don't know why, the boozing?>
10-04-02 09:32 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Dandelion* wrote:

I am asthmatic. If you blow smoke in my face I'll kick you in the balls. Very hard. Then I'll do it twice more since you are an Aerosmith fan and are clueless enough to take them seriously as anything other than audio junk food!

If everyone stopped smoking in this country, social security would crash and there would soon be an enormous economic crisis unparalleled in history due to many many more people living to a ripe old age...the death and disease smoking creates is an industry unto itself...

Nobody kicks me in the balls shit for brains, you're asthmaticmmmmmmmmm you must be mistaking me for someone who gives a fuck! Audio junk food?????? Mindless, ramblings!......You must be one of those sad fuckers whom Tyler & The Boys refused an autograph to when you were 13, and have never gotten over it......Anytime you're down my way Dandyshine let me know! My balls will be waiting, and you will enjoy the hospitality of a Melbourne ER.
10-05-02 06:35 AM
magicwoman het Mick 18 are you from Holland to cool!!!
10-05-02 06:35 AM
magicwoman i mean Mick28 :cool
10-05-02 07:31 AM
Moonisup You can easily edit your posts with the 3 little marks on the right, the middle one is for editing!

Rik
10-05-02 10:26 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Nobody kicks me in the balls shit for brains, you're asthmaticmmmmmmmmm you must be mistaking me for someone who gives a fuck! Audio junk food?????? Mindless, ramblings!......You must be one of those sad fuckers whom Tyler & The Boys refused an autograph to when you were 13, and have never gotten over it......Anytime you're down my way Dandyshine let me know! My balls will be waiting, and you will enjoy the hospitality of a Melbourne ER.

Please say more...try harder...this is most amusing!