ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey JB you�re gonna love this! Stones at the Palm Beach Festival 1969 Return to archive
10-03-02 07:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I�m reading one of the magazines you won as I�m packing them. When I read this article I said to my self, JB will love this article, as a lawyer, as a US citizen, specially from Florida, as a Republican or as a Democrat LOL and of course as a Stones fan, etc

There�s an article �40,000 freaks in Palm Beach� and is about the Stones shows during the Palm Beach Rocks Festival in which the Stones closed the top of the bill starting their show at 4:30 A.M.!!!

Other groups included Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Johnny Winter, Iron Butterfly, Spirit, Country Joe and the Fish, Vanilla Fudge, Sweetwater, and Grand Funk Railroad which was defined as the sleepers of the festival.

Well there�s a portion that goes like this:

The rest of the article will be in your hands pretty soon!
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-03-02 08:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Dear God, and I thought I had to wait long for Boston...

Hahahaha... man, how were those shows? Was it really worth that wait?

-tSYX --- Stealin' my heart! Stealin' my heart!
10-03-02 08:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl With that bill and that dope I can wait till early morning like the closing of Woodstock when Jimi took the stage!
10-04-02 12:18 AM
CHIEFMOON This is from 8/2/75 (JB's first I think)

10-04-02 09:30 AM
frankh great historical/socialogical article. thanks for the post
10-04-02 09:51 AM
jb Very cool....My partner, the older Mr. W, attended and can testify that it was quite an affair....
10-04-02 11:18 AM
gypsy "No comment"