ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shidoobee down? Return to archive
10-03-02 01:03 PM
Moonisup Is dougs site down?
10-03-02 01:06 PM
Stonesdoug It's going to be down until 11 PM EST---updating the server--Can't believe that they picked today to do it with everyone coming to DC tonight and tomorrow
10-03-02 01:10 PM
jb Hey Moon...Doug deserved better than this...the wholw Washington thing is sad...No MCI show, Poor sales at Fed Ex, and now his server is down a couple of days before the show. I feel bad for Doug...Also, did you see the people sticking up for AeroSmith!!! I don't want to speak for Doug, but I get the impression that he , like me, has no tolerance for the Aerosmith and Beatle crap people post on his fine site....Good Luck Doug...I miss your site very much!!!
10-03-02 01:12 PM
Moonisup Yeah, I've tried several times, sad for all the guys who want info for the DC shows! I hope it will be up and running soon!

Rik/ railing staine
10-03-02 01:51 PM
jb StonesDoug deserved better!!! On the other hand, he has attended more shows than most and has been to 4 theatre shows.....Fed Ex was just a bad venue...
10-03-02 02:01 PM
Moonisup Maybe he has seen more shows then the stones themselves
10-03-02 02:03 PM
jb Maybe he was lucky enough to never hear an AeroSmith or Beatles song!!!
10-03-02 02:07 PM
Moonisup well that would be cool! I've heard them a lot, to much
10-03-02 02:22 PM
jb I have offerd 7 people my great single for Florida and no one can attend...I will now have to take a less than worthy fan.
10-03-02 02:22 PM
Moonisup I'm sorry josh, I just can't make to Florida!!!
10-03-02 02:28 PM
jb No one wants to come to this god forsaken state!!!! We do have great whether and the hottest babes in the country!!! It's just the people and Jeb are really hillbillies..once you leave greater dade-broward-and Palm Beach..this is a Neantherthal state!
10-03-02 02:31 PM
Moonisup Well I'd love to come to see those show with you, but, well I am a student and don't have money to go there, to bad, it could have worked out nice!!

rik
10-03-02 02:46 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! jb, how about chill'n the fuck out about ticket sales for Fedex and such. If you fuck'n want bum people out do it some place else. There are a lot of us here who are pumped about the show tomorrow and we would rather not here your tired crap.
10-03-02 02:47 PM
riverrat Not only is Doug's site down, but I cant get the directions now and I've also lost my wallet. AND, it's entirely possible that the remants of hurricane Lili is going to dump on us tomorrowat the show!

JB- You look like a big dude, I cant believe that someone at the Vet took a pop at you! What the fu%# is up with KC Chiefs whooping the Dolphins? Shirt is on the way.
10-03-02 02:51 PM
jb Thanks Riverrat...we laid a big egg in K.C. and I fear a repeat this week...I am a pretty big guy..6'2 235...but I was punched and jumped on by atleast 3 people and my friends, rather than covering my back, became pussies under the pressure.
Lastly, between me and you, I have been on this ticket thing for a long time now and it still gets under people's skin...is it me, or are people just to fucking stupid to "get it" by now!!!
10-03-02 03:07 PM
riverrat I think that some people "get it" and some don't. Frankly I get a kick out of it. You seem to know the stats at every venue and you show a tremendous interest in the ticket sales. Someone has to. I also believe that you get your shitz and giggles by bringing it up. Knowing that you are an esquire...I picture you in the Melvin Beli(possible board screen name) role ala Gimmie Shelter. A bottom line kind of lawyer looking out for his clients best interest.
10-03-02 03:09 PM
jb Beli was funny as hell in Gimme Shelter without even trying!!!
10-03-02 03:46 PM
jb I feel bad for Stonedoug with all the negativity surrounding the Fed Ex show...doug deserved better!
10-03-02 04:56 PM
Mick28 And it still isn't working..
10-03-02 04:59 PM
jb He said it's down till tomorrow...what a bad break!!! Doug deserves better...some of his regulars can be quite intolerant, but the guy has bent over backwards for me and I appreciate it!
10-03-02 07:07 PM
full moon Should be up late tonight or tomorrow...
10-03-02 09:00 PM
JaggeresqueUK I fucking hope it will be up before tomorrow... I'm supposed to meet Nick Jagger tomorrw night at DC... and, without Shidoobee... well, I wont know what hes doin'...
Our young love is going ot waste...

The ROlling Stones 18 year old fan from London.
Mia
10-03-02 10:09 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
Beli was funny as hell in Gimme Shelter without even trying!!!

yeah he was wasn't he - in fact he just about stole the show as the best character in the whole movie

i especially liked that line when somebody (can't remember who) was complaining to him about something or other being "a pain in the ass" and beli's response was along the lines of "well, i wouldn't know about that, i'm a lawyer not a proctologist" - hilarious - have you or any of the other esq.s (as you call yourselves) on the board ever had the opportunity to use that line - it's priceless

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-03-02 10:24 PM
Pants Make the Man You're 18 years old, Mia? Mmmm-mmm Welcome to RocksOff. And what a lovely name you have! Hey, don't worry- Shidoobee should be back up by early morning, maybe even later tonight, in US time.
10-03-02 11:09 PM
Boomhauer It's back up.