ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussie fans & 40 Licks. Return to archive
10-03-02 08:26 AM
gypsymofo60 Anyone who has yet to purchase 40 Licks, don't buy it at 'IN2MUSIC, SANITY, or any other boutique type stores..WHY??? Well what's the difference between $39.95 at 'IN2', SANITY...and $27.00 at BIG_W, TARGET, ETC>>>>>>>> OK! Sir Stones, and Boomhauer, I owe you two a small apology. I slagged the concept of 40 Licks(mind you I'm still thinking a full new album woulda been more appropriate),but there is a definate improvment in the overall sound of the old tracks, 'SFM' seems much sharper.As for the new tracks, well! I've been pleasantly surprised, 'DON'T STOP',(imho)is the best single since 'Harlem Shuffle', so sorry guys, I put me 'ands up as it were, and in so doing reiterate my warning to other Aussie fans, watch where you buy the CD.....Cheers, Gyppo.
10-03-02 08:44 AM
fmk438j I got mine for $34 at a local independent shop I'm loyal to. I just saw the Hyde Park DVD there too.

Stealing My heart is my favourite right now. I've listened to the new tracks evenly and this is one I find popping into my head as I walk the streets.

There's something not quite right about hearing Happy and TDice sandwhiched between the other tracks. They belong among their exile brothers and sisters and no where else imo.

Since when did the text on the inner spine sit upside-down?

stones clips on rage this weekend.
10-03-02 08:47 AM
lin my god I would never buy cd's from sanity, what a rip-off. I was in big w on saturday and licks was #3, I was tempted to buy it, but i have the majority of those songs on jump back and hot rocks 1 and 2. I'd rather get earlier stones recordings..
10-03-02 08:56 AM
gypsymofo60 Oh no! seriously, The sound quality on 40 Licks really does shit on everything previous........ I didn't realise you guys were Aussies, where are you both based? I'm in Frankston, Victoria..... So The Stones are on 'RAGE' this weekend eh? Hope they show The Black& Blue stuff.
10-03-02 09:03 AM
fmk438j Don't get your hopes up. It's not a Stones special, just some 'stones clips' on after the Vines guest program.

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/rage.htm

They'd better do a stones special (to coinside with the tour, they must surely) and replay the '73 footage and interviews.

I'm in NSW.
10-03-02 09:04 AM
lin I just posted on the rage guestbook, I have been trying to get stones on that show for over a year now. I still haven't seen the satisfaction clip, just hope they don't play the stones clips I have on video.

I'm in sydney and yeah I will probably buy 40 licks soon, I mean god I parted with $25 for best of yoko ono the other day, I should bloody buy the stones !!
10-03-02 09:17 AM
fmk438j
quote:
lin wrote:
I just posted on the rage guestbook, I have been trying to get stones on that show for over a year now.

They're too busy replaying the Skyhooks special for the 15th time! It seemed to be popping up every second week for a while there.
10-03-02 09:24 AM
gypsymofo60 Hahahahaha......I just replaced my 'Skyhooks' vinyl by buying The anthology & 'EGO'. Shit! Anything on The Stones from 'RAGE' is a bonus. Do you remember when 'RAGE' was 'Rockarena'?.....Shit! Stones, Doors, Pistols, Iggy, Bowie,....now what? Absolute bollocks!
10-03-02 09:34 AM
fmk438j
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Do you remember when 'RAGE' was 'Rockarena'?.....Shit! Stones, Doors, Pistols, Iggy, Bowie,....now what? Absolute bollocks!

Nah, I'm 21 so it's a bit before my time.

Did you see when Marilyn Manson was guest programming and he had 2000 light years? I almost felt a shred of respect for the guy after that.

10-03-02 09:44 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

Nah, I'm 21 so it's a bit before my time.

Did you see when Marilyn Manson was guest programming and he had 2000 light years? I almost felt a shred of respect for the guy after that.

Nah!!!!!!! Still 2000 is a great clip, I've got that on a compilation VHS I'm compiling.
10-03-02 10:00 AM
ozstones Hi all

I remember the Rage specials in 92 and 94 and they were fantastic shows (still got them on tape). Especially the 94 show which featured many new promo clips that I have never seen before. I will check out Rage this weekend with interest.

Cheers

Andrew
ps. K-Mart has 40 Licks for $29
10-04-02 01:46 AM
lin The best was when ryan adams guest programmed rage and played 4 rolling stones songs, I'm dying to hear his version of brown sugar. gotta admit I love the countdown episodes of rage. only complaint is they never play stuff like kinks, creedance etc
10-04-02 02:15 AM
fmk438j Far Away Eyes, Paint It Black, Brown S, JJF, Walking the Dog, Angie, iorr, emotional rescure, Miss You and Start me up on rage.

I saw a countdown repeat with cindy luaper co-hosting or whatever. That was good.

I'll copy Ryan Adams's BS (uncut?) if you want it, mail me.
[Edited by fmk438j]