ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: please help Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-03-02 07:42 AM
Moonisup i need this tabs, from Street fighting man, does anyone know them ore have a correct link, most that I've found where very wrong and did not sound like it (I know it is in open G, but you can also play it in normal, just like Bs and JFF)

Thank you in advance

rik

[Edited by Moonisup]
10-03-02 07:49 AM
egon which tabs?
10-03-02 08:27 AM
Moonisup Sorry it was SFM
10-03-02 09:14 AM
gypsymofo60 F..........Gm7..C..D7....G...........D7....D7......C....F....C7.....F......C7......D7............G...........D7.........D7..C......F.....C........F........G
10-03-02 09:19 AM
Moonisup is that right?
10-03-02 09:29 AM
gypsymofo60 Well that's one of the so called "official" TABS. What I've always found is unless you can accent properly like with 'Brown Sugar'..it will never sound right, still we used to use this, and it seemed OK!
10-03-02 01:58 PM
jb moon, I just bought a new guitar and want to learn how to play ...Will this be difficult?
10-03-02 01:59 PM
Moonisup Start with Sympathy, that one is easy:

Verse:
E - D - A - E

Chorus:

B - B - E - E
10-03-02 02:08 PM
jb I bought a beginners electric guitar for my son and I find that he is not ready to play yet..I bought him 10 lessons, so I will take instead and learn how to play !!!
10-03-02 02:11 PM
Moonisup Why isen't your son ready to play? He could be the next Johnny lang
10-03-02 02:15 PM
jb He is only 9 and I THINK THE GUITAR IS TOO BIG...The SALEMAN INSISTED HE START with an acoustic, but the loveable, spoiled brat, started to pout, and Daddy bought him the electric...another waste of 1200.00 dollars or 1000 gilders?
10-03-02 02:21 PM
Moonisup well electric is nice, but not for a start, just star with a semi acoustic much better, no volume button also! But hey I have 6 guitars, I love them al
10-03-02 02:21 PM
Pants Make the Man If you have a good teacher, it shouldn't be too difficult, jb. Don't let him, the teacher, be lazy on you. Have your questions-and there's no such thing as a stupid question, btw- ready in advance.
10-03-02 02:33 PM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Well that's one of the so called "official" TABS. What I've always found is unless you can accent properly like with 'Brown Sugar'..it will never sound right, still we used to use this, and it seemed OK!

"Street Fighting Man", if played correctly like you said gypsymofo60, usually get's a big hand, doesn't it gypsymofo60? Doesn't the guitar accent where Mick does?: /EVery WHERE i HEAR the SOUND of MARCHing CHARGing feet, boyyyy/ 'cuz SUMmer's HERE and the TIME is RIGHT for FIGHTing IN the street, boyyyy/
10-03-02 02:36 PM
jb Thanks for the advice guys..I know how to play a little...I can play "Sweet Caroline" by Neal Diamond and "Take me home, country roads" by the late John Denver.
10-03-02 02:39 PM
Moonisup please don't mention our beloved helicopterpilot. i just can't stand John denver
10-03-02 02:43 PM
jb I learned when I was 10!!!c-d-e...very simple chords!
10-03-02 02:52 PM
Moonisup well I never knew that was a John Denver song, I banned that out of my memory hahhhahhahaha
10-03-02 02:54 PM
jb You won't believe this...I also know how to play Elenor Rigby!!! I use to actually sing that for family and friends!!! No wonder i hate the fucking Beatles!!!
10-03-02 03:00 PM
Moonisup Did you know that the beatles song, Daytripper was called gaytripper, a very apropriate title for Sir Paul
hahahaahaa
10-03-02 03:02 PM
jb I think a lot of Beatle fans are very gay and carefree!!!!
10-03-02 04:15 PM
cocksucker JB and Moonisup: stop sticking your noses in each other arse. JB as a lawyer you must know it's strictly forbidden to lay violent hands on under aged milksops. The boy (a goddamned speaking parrot) is 16 years old.

Long live the Beatles!!!!!
10-03-02 04:27 PM
Moonisup
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
JB and Moonisup: stop sticking your noses in each other arse. JB as a lawyer you must know it's strictly forbidden to lay violent hands on under aged milksops. The boy (a goddamned speaking parrot) is 16 years old.

Long live the Beatles!!!!!

are you jealous that you can't make friends? I'm 19 so it's legal, yeah up his arse, yeah the hand of fate!

With these kind of posts you'll stay a cocksucker!! Who's the cocksucker anyway? It's your name, maybe you like it, I don't care, do what you want!
A cocksucker who says I should not talk to josh? Don't you think your post is a bit strange when you look at your name

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-03-02 04:33 PM
cocksucker I don't put my **** in arses of little boys who must be tucked in by their mum, rik the parrot
10-03-02 04:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I'm hopin' my parents will not buy me anything other than a Ronnie Wood Signature Edition for Christmas.

So yeah, jb, start with Sympathy, the only tricky bit is the B bar chord if you're a beginner. But you get used to them after awhile. A lot of the Stones songs use strange tuning - Keith likes Open G, but "You Can't Always Get What You Want" is actually in open E. A few others are in D, F, even C#, I think, once - can't remember where I read that one.

Be sure to learn D6 as soon as possible... an invaluable chord with The Stones, from "Child Of The Moon" to "Don't Stop". It's terribly easy to play if you've got big fingers, just let your ring finger flatten out and cover the third fret on the first (highest) string along with the second.

-tSYX --- She comes in colors ev'rywhere...
10-03-02 04:36 PM
Moonisup
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
I don't put my **** in arses of little boys who must be tucked in by their mum, rik the parrot

Rik the parrot, well they are close to extinction, so I am very special.

Cocksucker the cocksucker
10-03-02 04:39 PM
Pants Make the Man The Beatles are dead. They died the day The Stones released "Jumpin' Jack Flash".
10-03-02 04:39 PM
jb I am truly sorry that you have been subject to this vile attack Rik...Cocksucker is a most despicable character.
10-03-02 04:40 PM
Moonisup Thank you jb, I know now what you've been going trough, but well he's to sad for words!!
10-03-02 04:41 PM
cocksucker Quote: Rik the parrot, well they are close to extinction

Glad to hear that good news!

Page: 1 2