ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HEADER PIC Return to archive
10-03-02 12:50 AM
Im_Shattered that's the best Keef pic i've ever seen, his so fucked up!
10-03-02 12:53 AM
~AzQb

fuck YOU pal.

10-03-02 07:37 AM
Maxlugar I was looking at that shot in Mojo for like a half and hour.

We need to have an honest discussion about these types of pictures.

I have seen dozens of them of Keith and you gotta admit most of them are staged.

Come on!

His pants are coming off, a hand gun next to him, he's sleeping and his arms are kind of flayling about.

Puleeze!

This one takes the cake.

Who knows, maybe it was not meant to be a candid shot and has some story attached to it, but this is not someone just finding Keith like this and deciding to take a picture of it.

m.
10-03-02 07:41 AM
lucasd4
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I was looking at that shot in Mojo for like a half and hour.

We need to have an honest discussion about these types of pictures.

I have seen dozens of them of Keith and you gotta admit most of them are staged.

Come on!

His pants are coming off, a hand gun next to him, he's sleeping and his arms are kind of flayling about.

Puleeze!

This one takes the cake.

Who knows, maybe it was not meant to be a candid shot and has some story attached to it, but this is not someone just finding Keith like this and deciding to take a picture of it.

m.

I agree...either it's staged by Keith himself or someone in the Stones entourage found him asleep or wasted and posed him like that
10-03-02 07:44 AM
Moonisup I never liked most of the Anni Leibo photo's I think she liked when Keith was a wreck, I never saw Gered mankowitch do that ore Micheal Cooper
10-03-02 07:50 AM
Maxlugar You could be right about people posing him, Lucas. That was quite popular with our little gang growing up. You didn't want to fall asleep where anyone could find you or you'd wake up with eye liner and nail polish on.

Either way, this is not a candid shot of Keith.

10-03-02 08:05 AM
stonedinaustralia hey max

yes it's an interesting shot - i've got another one from the same session (Totonto '77 between the bust and the first court appearance as i understand it)- actually k's in the same position but it's from a wider/lower angle

this other pic i have makes it clear that it was done in a studio (well at least with professional looking high powered lights with those umbrella things they have and a back-drop) so you get the impression there was a bit of "staging" going on - that would explain the shooter -
but on the whole i'd say it was fairly candid - he look's genuinely "crashed out" - but really, who can tell - the pants down thing, however, looks just too weird to be a set-up

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-03-02 08:08 AM
stonedinaustralia it sure shows his "down to earth" side

the pope might've declared that "keith richards is god" but i reckon it would come as a surprise to a few people that god wears underpants
10-03-02 08:37 AM
gypsymofo60 Pop quiz------Who was it that said.."YOU'RE NEVER ALONE WITH A SMITH & WESSON?".....Sorry no prizes for guessing....I'm just reading John Perry's 'Exile On Main Street', and it talks about when The Hells Angels were demanding money from The Stones for a club-house, or else!!! Altamont residuals.....And apparently when The Guys wre finishing off 'Exile' in The States during early '72, The Angels were really getting pushy, turning up at the studio & all, so maybe this type of photo was all part of an ongoing----Yeah! Well you know if these guys wanna put it about a-bit-we aint gonna just sit around and wait for 'em to fuck us around.....just a thought!
10-03-02 09:33 AM
sonicrock I LIKE HIS UNDERWEAR FUNNY ONE? AND THE GUN SEEMS A FAKE TO ME SR
10-03-02 10:42 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I removed the header as requested, here is just in case you wanna see it, just click the link (warning... do it at your own risk LOL)

http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/h-mojo.jpg
10-03-02 12:34 PM
Maxlugar That did look like a cap gun.
10-04-02 07:27 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
hey max

yes it's an interesting shot - i've got another one from the same session (Totonto '77 between the bust and the first court appearance as i understand it)- actually k's in the same position but it's from a wider/lower angle

this other pic i have makes it clear that it was done in a studio (well at least with professional looking high powered lights with those umbrella things they have and a back-drop) so you get the impression there was a bit of "staging" going on - that would explain the shooter -
but on the whole i'd say it was fairly candid - he look's genuinely "crashed out" - but really, who can tell - the pants down thing, however, looks just too weird to be a set-up

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

Ther is another one taken same time with an aging Anita sitting on the bog with a fag dangling out the side of her mouth, and she's got one hand up covering Keith's eyes. Tasteless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!