ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just Saw 60 Minutes 2 Return to archive
10-02-02 08:54 PM
MidnightRambler Well, I just saw it...and I must say that although it was SOMETHING...it was too short. But as with ANYTHING the Stones do---they're ALL short! But, really, Charlie and Ronnie didn't talk much at all. What do you expect from just 25 minutes?

But, I was kinda worried to hear when Mick said "I don't wanna talk about Keith" but felt better when Keith defended their relationship.

Great footage of the shows, I thought. They showed me on TV!! I could see myself in the crowd of the Aragon shot.

What are everyone's thoughts?
10-02-02 08:56 PM
parmeda Spectacular! Sent chills up the 'ole spine again...

It should have been 2 hours long.
10-02-02 09:09 PM
midnightmagic Very cool, especially seeing the Aragon, I could not see me but they panned where I was standing.

10-02-02 09:53 PM
Pants Make the Man I was glad they highlighted Ronnie. They didn't do that last time, in '94. I finally got to see a snippet of Ronnie in mid-flight, on one of his solo's. He was ripping!
10-02-02 09:57 PM
Boomhauer It was cool to hear "Dance" on the show.

It sucks that it couldn't have been the whole hour. I'm sure Ed Bradley had a lot of fun. It was one of those easy assignments for Ed: go and have some fun.
[Edited by Boomhauer]
10-02-02 10:38 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! That was pretty damn good. I just wish that I had seen it in 94'. That was cool where Mick was dancing down Bourbon St. It was also nice to get some shots of the stage rigs. I'll be is DC friday, now I know a little more what to expect about the stage. I must say Keith looks fucking great! As a matter of fact, all of them do!!
10-02-02 11:37 PM
Boomhauer To me, Charlie doesn't look like he has aged at all.
10-03-02 01:46 AM
Pants Make the Man Did you see Charlie laying into that ride cymbal? *CRASH* I'm surprised the damn thing didn't fall over! *SMASH*
10-03-02 07:44 AM
Maxlugar I liked it.

Unfortunately I got a phone call at the exact moment it started. Fucking bastard friends.

I was totally convinced that Mick had some work done until I saw that show.

Wow. Mick and Keith are wrinkled in the most incredible way. I've never seen anyone else like that.

It was great to hear the snippet of Dance. It sounded nice.

Maxy
10-03-02 09:39 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I liked it.

Unfortunately I got a phone call at the exact moment it started. Fucking bastard friends.

It was great to hear the snippet of Dance. It sounded nice.

Maxy

I got a phone call too. From a very old friend. Who's getting married (elopin') this weekend. And I basically told him, "FUCK OFF! STONES ON!"

Fortunately since he's known me for 10 years he knows there's nothing that can be done about my unfortunate condition.

Dance did indeed sound AMAZING, slightly slowed down and, uh, "grindier". And can homeboy dance or what!?

I liked how Ed's question to Mick re: the Bourbon St. parade: "Did you do that because you thought you ought to or because it sounded like fun?" and Mick's response, "I thought it sounded like fun!" coupled with the conversation with Ronnie where Ed brought up Mick's drinking "ultimatum" and Ronnie called it more a plea from a friend, were nice antidotes to the "Mick Jagger is a ruthless calculating businessman" sentiment.

All in all that was some damn quality TV.

Stones disease sated, I called my friend back, convinced him that a justice of the peace thing with his mother-in-law present was probably a compromise that would help him out with the rest of his life.

10-03-02 03:26 PM
Fiji Joe I agree, not that I mind. But, these guys are 60ish and look like they've been exhumed from a tomb in the Egyptian sands. Hard living I guess b/c I've NEVER seen anything like it....not even on the King Tut Special on the Discovery channel last night.

10-03-02 03:30 PM
Maxlugar My father is 62 and has not wrinkles anywhere close to that.

Deep, DEEP!, groves bay-bay!

Maxy!
10-03-02 03:53 PM
steel driving hammer The Stones have so much flavor.

Loved the plane.
10-03-02 04:18 PM
Maxlugar LOOK AT THAT AVATAR!!!

FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!

W!!!

W!!!

W!!!!!!!

Now THAT, my friends, is a president!

Bless you Hammer.

Nanky! You see that?

10-03-02 04:19 PM
steel driving hammer Strategerey.

LOL.
10-03-02 04:27 PM
Joey I inherently dislike your Avatar !!!!!!!!

10-03-02 04:41 PM
Boomhauer Better to be wrinkled than look like Joan Rivers.
10-03-02 04:49 PM
jb SDH..you fucker!!!!
10-03-02 05:00 PM
steel driving hammer Ah jb,

You always seem to haunt me
Always try to haunt me
Serving out injuctions
Shouting out instructions
And I love you with a passion
In and out of fashion.

Haven't heard that one in a while.

Cheers! (in about 1 hour)
10-03-02 05:02 PM
jb It's a cool avatar because you like it...so it's cool with me!!!
10-03-02 05:16 PM
steel driving hammer jb got papers that the judge had signed.

Hurricane Lili blows hard in the stormy night.

But Hurricane Lili didn't blow as hard as Hurricane Monica...
10-03-02 05:28 PM
Joey " Hard living I guess b/c I've NEVER seen anything like it....not even on the King Tut Special on the Discovery channel last night. "

Fiji Joe ...................you are too precious !

You ARE my favorite poster here .

Steelie , if you don't drop that Avatar I will send back that 350.00 Main floor row 5 ticket that I bought for you to the Stones Denver gig .

You make Joey shudder and cower like a kitty cat whenever he hears the thunder ................

J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joe , J - Jo Joey

Skittles

10-03-02 05:33 PM
Moonisup My girlfriend blows hard
10-03-02 05:54 PM
Martha Did you see that long deep crevice that started under his eye to and continued downward to his chin on Mick???! WOW! Hell no he hasn't had any work done!

My Dad is 73 and has yet to wrinkle that deeply..

...and his Father lived to be 95 and had no such intensely deep facial manifestations.

Makes me say huuuuuuuuuuuuuum????

developing........................
10-03-02 05:57 PM
Jaxx [quote]Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
That was pretty damn good. I just wish that I had seen it in 94'. That was cool where Mick was dancing down Bourbon St.

i caught that spot in '94 and it was terrific. as far as looking good, sadly, these guys are waaayyyy wrinkled beyond their years or else the lightening was just plain obnoxious. the mick/keith thing was too funny. keith is just so real. mick is so surreal.
10-03-02 07:49 PM
Pants Make the Man I think Charlie and Lisa have a little something going on! Did you see the way that they were looking at each other?