ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DC Show Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-03-02 03:47 PM
sirmoonie Me? I wouldn't live in that anti-Stones city if you made me president!

I'm just trying to pull some CYHMK mojo for and/or from my Factory Girl.

Hoooyah! Boooyah!
10-03-02 03:53 PM
sandrew JB, it may surprise you: Many DCers don't give a crap about politics. I happen to me a minor political junkie, but even I can't stand Crossfire. Say what you will about Novak, though; I'll take him over the pretentious Tucker Carlson.
10-03-02 03:57 PM
jb What about Hanity and Colmes? Atleast on Crossfire the liberals have Carville...That Colmes freak is so fucking weak he lets Hanity rip him a new as daily!!!
[Edited by jb]
10-03-02 03:59 PM
jaggergurl I am ready for the fed Ex show no matter what they play....not to say that I won't be disappointed, by not hearing CYHMK..I really would LOVE to hear that and those other "arena" songs live..but I will take the Stones any way I can get them!!

I don't think of us 'DCers' as "lame" Fed Ex is HUGE....but with the economic arena that we are in, I think that has a lot to do with tix sales, maybe people just do not want to be outside or far away for $90...guaranteed they would have sold out MCI for two nights!

...being a 'DCer' I cannot think of a better situation than to have Stonesdoug and 200 hundred Shidoobeans at the show, though and it will be a great time, maybe the Stones will have such a great time here, they will give us another chance with an arena show at the end of the tour, I sitll hold out hope!!
10-03-02 04:01 PM
jb You sound like a great fan...don't let the poor DC crowd get you down..plus there will be more food and beverage available b/c of poor attendance..not like Pro Player Stadium in Miami, where on opening day, they ran out of Hot Dogs!!! Can you believe it..we are just as bad hwere in Miami as in DC...keep your chin up!!!
10-03-02 04:11 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
jb wrote:
You sound like a great fan...don't let the poor DC crowd get you down..plus there will be more food and beverage available b/c of poor attendance..not like Pro Player Stadium in Miami, where on opening day, they ran out of Hot Dogs!!! Can you believe it..we are just as bad hwere in Miami as in DC...keep your chin up!!!

thanks for the compliment...I do LOVE my Stones!!

sorry you couldn't get your 'dog'

and with the boys being in town....my chin is up and there is a BIG grin on my face

take care!
10-03-02 04:52 PM
ShannonDC jb, you make it sound like there will be 400 or 500 of us at Fedex. The entire lower levels (100, 200, and 300) are sold out and much of the 400 level were the oxygen is pretty thin. If we end up with 50,000 fans, that will be as many folks as other cities are pulling in their smaller venues. I don't think this area is a lame area for the Stones. If so they wouldn't have opened VooDoo Lounge here. This time around it's simply 1)pricey seats + 2) enormous stadium + 3) hard to get to = empty seats.

Anyway, everyone I know that's going (including myself) is really psyched for the show. We'll have a great time and, if jb is right, we can all stretch out and have a few empty seats to stash our Stones merchandise.
10-03-02 04:53 PM
jb Some guy on GasX3 said 62,000 seats were sold...I doubt this as they only put 50,000 on sale...maybe i am wrong?
10-03-02 07:08 PM
full moon Marion Barry is going to be there with his whores and his crack pipe...
Page: 1 2