ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: cocksucker blues Return to archive
09-27-02 04:54 PM
justinkurian What's up guys...I was wondering if anyone could send me a link for cocksucker blues. I've never heard the tune before. I would really appreciate it. If you could post it here or email me ([email protected]) that would be great. Hopefully, I'll see some of you at Giants Stadium tomorrow...
09-27-02 08:15 PM
Lacride What version do you need?
Acoustic = 3274 kb
Long = 6470 kb
09-27-02 08:52 PM
mandrack try with winmx or some similar program
09-27-02 09:56 PM
Im_Shattered search in Kazaa Lite they have it there
09-27-02 10:30 PM
Gimme Shelter E-mail me your address and I'll send you a CD with "Cocksucker Blues" on it.
09-27-02 10:32 PM
Gimme Shelter Might help if I gave you my e-mail address.

[email protected]
09-28-02 01:21 AM
Bluzian Unfortunately, I can't hook you up with a copy, but I know
that if you (ever) come across the complete El Mocambo show,
(which I have), you'll realize that the '77 version of
Cocksucker' in Toronto is by far THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! It's
practically identical to the original version, but Mick is
more loose, ad-libbing and making it not to much a tongue-in
cheek song, but more of a genuine blues representation. It's
a classic song, if only the lyrics were less abrasive!!! I
mean, let's be honest, the bridge is climactic!!!! ;-)

cheers!
Ian
09-28-02 01:29 AM
justinkurian Ian,
Can we work something out for that show? I'll be honest...I don't have much to offer you. But, I would greatly appreciate it if we could work something out.

-Justin
09-28-02 07:52 AM
stonesmik Hi Bluzian - I think you talk about the 6:53 "electric" version of "Cocksucker blues" which some say is from the Woodstrock rehearsals May 1978 while others (less probable) even think it stems from 1968 Olympic Sound Studios. I can't hear any audience noises, also I think the reviewers of the El Mocambo shows would have mentioned the performance of "Cocksucker blues".

As far as I know not even the complete setlists for the El Mocambo concerts 1977 are known, so how come you think you have the complete show, including "Cocksucker blues". Please explain!
09-28-02 08:30 AM
fmk438j
quote:
Bluzian wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't hook you up with a copy, but I know
that if you (ever) come across the complete El Mocambo show,
(which I have), you'll realize that the '77 version of
Cocksucker' in Toronto is by far THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! It's
practically identical to the original version, but Mick is
more loose, ad-libbing and making it not to much a tongue-in
cheek song, but more of a genuine blues representation. It's
a classic song, if only the lyrics were less abrasive!!! I
mean, let's be honest, the bridge is climactic!!!! ;-)

cheers!
Ian

the boot 'The Club Gig' has the 78 Cocksucker blues tacked on to the end of El Macomba, as said by iorr.

I remember Soul Survivor claimed to have the complete El Macomba way back when. Do you still have it?

It scares me that I can remember that, it must have been a year or more ago at Gasland.

09-28-02 06:20 PM
Stonesprofessor As strange as it seems I have NEVER heard the 78 version of CS.......Anyone willing to front me a CDR????
09-28-02 08:37 PM
stonesmik Tell me where to ftput it and it's yours. I won't send it per e-mail or snail mail.

For example just open your own free site at geocities.yahoo.com and tell me the login/password so I can put it there.
09-28-02 11:41 PM
Rescued Just had to throw in: The 78 Woodstock rehearsals version of "Cocksucker Blues" is INSANELY good! Throw down.
09-30-02 01:28 AM
Bluzian NO!!!! the ElMo '77 version I have is NOT in anyway the same
as the '78 Woodstock rehearsals (in which I also have).
The woodstock songs are lazy, messy, shitty and are the
worst Stones I ever heard play. Embarrasing. Yet the '77
Cocksucker is reminicent of a jam, much like Midnight Rambler.
There is a clear distinction between the two "Cocksuckers".
The original Cocksucker is much like the ElMo cocksucker.
I think I may have made things more complicated!?! ;-)

Um.. on the ElMo tape, they do StarStar, Let's Spend The Night...
Worried About You, Dance Little Sister.. ROute 66.. (along
with the Love You Live ones).

With regards to getting you this..?? I know NOTHING about
technology. I'm still trying to figure out how the needle
picks up sounds in the grooves of vinyl records!!!?!?!!?@#)(%
Like.. huh!?!?

Cheers,
Ian.
09-30-02 03:57 AM
Moonisup I love the woodstock 4 cd set. Easy listening, and CB is great on that one!!
09-30-02 01:35 PM
stonesmik Bluzian - I think you're wrong. Tell me your e-mail-address and I'll send you the beginning of the version I mean (if you can listen to it somewhere).

As far as I know there are only two versions of "Cocksucker blues": the original acoustic one from 1969/1970 (3:30) and the electric version from Woodstock 1978 (6:53). Does anyone out there know of another version?

However it is sure that the version attached to the end of the "El Mocambo" boot is the 1978 version. The only trouble on the "El Mocambo" boot is - the version there is not complete!
09-30-02 04:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check our space for audio and video on line at http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/mp3real.htm

They you can find two versions of Cocksucker Blues

Here's one of them CLICK HERE

10-02-02 11:54 PM
full moon God, I hope they put out the rarities set and this is on it...
10-03-02 06:24 PM
stonesmik In fact it was OFFICIALLY released in December 1984 on a one-sided white label bonus single that came along with the fantastic German 4 LP box set "The rest of the best" (1983) - but after 6 weeks Polygram intervened and the single had to be withdrawn. It seems the guys at the Teldec label (Telefunken-Decca) have interpreted their rights in the Stones recordings a little too liberal.