ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Swiss newspaper owns up to fake Jagger interview Return to archive
10-01-03 01:57 PM
Monkey Woman Doug posted this on Shidoobee. Funny, isn't it? I know I was taken in...

Swiss newspaper owns up to fake Jagger interview
Geneva
October 2, 2003

The Swiss tabloid newspaper Blick apologised to its readers yesterday after it found that a recent five-part interview with Mick Jagger was a fake.

The series, published in the run-up to the final concert of the Rolling Stones's world tour in the Swiss city of Zurich, was written by a German journalist, Robert Macher, Blick said in an apology published in the newspaper.

''Mick Jagger's management told us about the falsification,'' Blick said.

''We apologise to our readers for the fake,'' it added.

The newspaper said Macher, a freelancer who was known to the tabloid beforehand, had disappeared and they would be seeking a prosecution on top of blocking his pay and barring him from working for the newspaper again.

Blick executive Ueli Walther told the Swiss news agency ATS that Macher appeared to have compiled the interview from clippings on Jagger, adding ''spicy details of his making''.

It was the second fake interview to hit the Swiss press in recent weeks, after the high-brow NZZ am Sonntag announced that an interview published in March by a regular correspondent in the United States with author Scott Turow was a fake.

Journalist Lorenz Wolffers turned out to be working for other Swiss newspapers or magazines, and several other articles he wrote were found to contain made-up interviews.
10-01-03 02:02 PM
jb Despite what they say, the Swiss have never been neutral.
10-01-03 06:28 PM
FPM C10 THANK GOD! I KNEW he COULDN'T have said that part about "doing the horizontal mambo" or whatever the hell it was.

Maybe George Bush could say that the Swiss wrote his State of the Union address.
10-01-03 07:06 PM
Gazza The tabloid press in the UK have got weeks of copy out of this interview in which Mick supposedly discussed his 'ordinariness' in the bedroom etc (something I was amazed he'd even talk about to begin with)..I'm sure other countries have done the same

Somehow I doubt they'll even mention that the whole 'interview' never even existed
10-01-03 08:45 PM
icydanger maybe he did ask them to...

con artists are all over after all

switzerland tries to be neutral,
the main banks,
the ONU on its grounds and other humanitarian associations
gives it a two-sided vision