ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cartoon Stones Return to archive
09-30-03 07:18 PM
Miss U. Why don't the stones do an animated cartoon show entirely based on the stones, kinda like the Simpsons. That way young kids would be turned onto them from an early age & thus music in general would improve, lol.

I came across this site, it's so funny:

http://www.exile.com.au/stones/

He got Charlie & Keith down perfect. And the close-ups of Mick are hilarious, his hips never stop moving, and the teeth are so Mick!
09-30-03 08:41 PM
steel driving hammer LOL! That is so funny!

I love it!

Played it already several times!

Hope the Cubbies win tonight Brenda!

Hey I just got Hampton 81 DVD today, let me know if you have it.

I was going to post a really great review on it tonight but family is comming soon to pick me up for dinner somewhere. Plus I think alot already have it. Ever since I got home I cannot stop watching Hampton. There's about 20 min of back stage jamming before the show w/ the entire band. Mick is telling Keith to have some Gatorade before the show, but Keith won't drink any!
09-30-03 09:02 PM
Child of the Moon Steelie, I love that show, too. I've got a VHS copy, but it also has that stuff at the beginning. I like when Angela/Dandelion Richards comes to give her daddy a hug, and Keef has to pull out his cigarette as he bends down to hug her. "Aww, swee'-haht!..."

Oh, and the show kicks ass, too. I think I might need to watch it again real soon. It single-handedly turned me on to the '81 tour.
09-30-03 09:18 PM
Some Guy I suggested an anime stones last week, that clip was funny
09-30-03 09:36 PM
LadyJane That is hilarious!! Great find Brenda!

LadyJ.
09-30-03 10:07 PM
Gimme Shelter That was great!!!! I wish there was some way to download it.
10-01-03 06:43 AM
parmeda That toon was from 'exile' that posts here!
He threw that link up months ago, lol...but thanks for posting it again Brenda. I love it! The guy is talented
10-01-03 09:41 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I like when Angela/Dandelion Richards comes to give her daddy a hug, and Keef has to pull out his cigarette as he bends down to hug her. "Aww, swee'-haht!..."

Is that who she is? I've heard that audio for several years and always thought it was Keith and Ronnie joking around! It's so nice to finally watch Hampton! Mick is all over the stage on Brown Sugar. Also love that hip shake durring the middle of Just My Imagination.

But don't you just love that Blues boogie jam in the begining? Wow that's good!

My version has a little (4 sec) cut durring Little T & A however.
10-01-03 10:05 AM
steel driving hammer Other observations while watching Hampton Roads last night;

Ian Stewart was a human Bobble Head.

Charlie and Bill's thump, never missed a beat.

Ernie Watts was fantastic on Beast Of Burden.

Alot of people copied Mick's stage out-fit (not the football one, the colored buisness suit one) like David Bowie and Rod Stewart for starters.

10-01-03 10:06 AM
Joey

Steelie , I thought you were going to drop that " Cheney Avatar " once the Cubs got their first victory in the Playoffs ?

Bunny Joe !
10-01-03 10:13 AM
steel driving hammer I like that evil smile Joey!

As the same evil smile Larry has!
10-01-03 10:50 AM
Joey

" As the same evil smile Larry has! "

It IS , isn't it ?!?!?!?!

Did I ever tell you that Hagman has started drinking again in anticipation of a new Stones / WHO album ????????

Jazzy Joe !!!!!!!!

10-01-03 02:43 PM
Miss U. Hey Steelie! I don't have that Hampton video, but I would like a copy in VHS if possible!!
10-01-03 03:44 PM
steel driving hammer I'll work on it this weekend Brenda.

SBD VHS 6 or 7 cam pro shot, the quality will be superb.

Mick will be gorgeous so get some paper towels.
10-01-03 04:14 PM
Joey " Mick will be gorgeous so get some paper towels. "

You make Joey giggle .

10-01-03 11:05 PM
gypsy Oh, Steelie! May I please have a copy too? I am capable of making copies for others as well. PM me, and let's go over the details.
10-02-03 04:46 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Ian Stewart was a human Bobble Head.

My god, you're right!