ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Voodoo Pugs Chicago Review! Return to archive
09-29-03 04:52 PM
voodoopug Hey guys,

Just an FYI, this was our set list from Weeds bar in Chicago last night. We played one non stones set with:
1. Rocking in the Free World
2. Shake Your Hips
3. Hey Joe
4. Cocaine
5. 2AM Blues (Original Song)
6. Downtown
7. Sweet Home Alabama
8. Brown Eyed Girl

The Stones tribute show went as follows:

1. Street Fighting Man
2. Start Me Up
3. If You Cant Rock Me
4. Dont Stop
5. Dead Flowers
6. Happy
7. Respectable
8. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
9. Jumping Jack Flash
10. Brown Sugar
11. Sympathy for the Devil
12. Shattered
13. Honkey Tonk Woman
14. The Last Time
15. Gimme Shelter
16. Satisfaction
17. When the Whip Comes Down
18. It's Only Rock and Roll

We are off for a month and our next show is Nov 7 at Weeds again.

check out our site at www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs pics are posted

thanks,

Voodoopug and Telepug
09-29-03 04:55 PM
jb Congrats on the gig!!! Maybe you can hook up with TSXY's group and have an "all-star" jam( no Beatles please).
09-29-03 04:57 PM
voodoopug Thanks Josh!

maybe the all star band jam would be a good idea.....and correct...no beatles!
09-29-03 05:38 PM
Gazza Only 18 songs and too many "stadium" songs in that setlist!!

I hope the keyboard player wasnt too loud!

Was the show sold out?
[Edited by Gazza]
09-29-03 06:00 PM
voodoopug We drew a sell out crowd of 75 people for the dump we played in!

Yeah we were heavy on the War Horses, but, we got to appeal to the random walk in crowd to get them to come next show....we will add torn and frayed back to the list for the next show though

and we dont have a keyboardist now, so the chuck factor was avoided!
09-29-03 06:04 PM
Gazza In all seriousness,I wouldnt mind that setlist at a Stones show!

well done..nice "pre-stones" setlist too!
09-30-03 10:21 AM
voodoopug it was just a shame that our "B Stage" didnt arrive on time and we had to play the whole set from the main stage!
09-30-03 10:41 AM
telecaster I will try and make the next show

Sounds great. Is that Joes on Weed St?
09-30-03 10:42 AM
jb The Bears really suck...unbelievably bad....I guess the Cubs winning the pennant is deflecting how horrid that team is.
09-30-03 10:59 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
The Bears really suck...unbelievably bad....I guess the Cubs winning the pennant is deflecting how horrid that team is.

They are beyond bad jb. Truly sad

Red Sox/Cubs World Series
09-30-03 11:29 AM
Joey " Red Sox/Cubs World Series "

Could happen !!!!

IF the cubbies get past Atlanta they will DEFINITELY get into the World Series .

The entire city feels pretty good about the Cub's starting rotation so THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubs in FIVE over Atlanta .

Joey in SEVEN over Maxy .

" You got the YeYo Ronnie ? "

D. J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca

09-30-03 12:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot It's nice to dream your little dreams Joey.

But you have already let yourself get sucked in. It is too late for you. You are doomed to heartbreak. I feel bad for you, I really do.

It really is the nastiest of teases isn't it? So close, yet still so very far away.

Giants vs Yankees, Giants win in 6. Barry Bonds series MVP.

09-30-03 01:34 PM
jb Marlins #1!!!!
09-30-03 01:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Marlins #1!!!!<

Yeah, but #1 at what? Sucking cock? Getting boned in the ass? Licking wrinkly old man sac?

So that's why you go to the games...you want hot man sex? You like the way those guys fill out those tight polyester uniform pants...you like the way those cups make the crotch bulge...you like how they are constantly touching themselves....

Yeah JB, you might as well just admit that you want to hit the showers with Conine & crew....and drop the soap. Repeatedly.

You'd be a lot happier if you just admitted that you are a big ol' fag.
09-30-03 01:56 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Giants vs Yankees, Giants win in 6. Barry Bonds series MVP.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And hoping...
09-30-03 02:18 PM
voodoopug not Joes on Weed Street, it is a few blocks from there at Weeds bar located about a block south of Rt. 64 aka North Ave, on Dayton St
09-30-03 02:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot Good luck with this thing Puggy.

The world needs more bands that play setlists like yours.

Well, at least MY part of the world does.
09-30-03 02:53 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Marlins #1!!!!<

Yeah, but #1 at what? Sucking cock? Getting boned in the ass? Licking wrinkly old man sac?

So that's why you go to the games...you want hot man sex? You like the way those guys fill out those tight polyester uniform pants...you like the way those cups make the crotch bulge...you like how they are constantly touching themselves....

Yeah JB, you might as well just admit that you want to hit the showers with Conine & crew....and drop the soap. Repeatedly.

You'd be a lot happier if you just admitted that you are a big ol' fag.

LMFAO!!!! Oh shit, SS. This post made my day. Hilarious, yet spot-on accurate. The only thing that would make Josh happier is to be Ned Beatty's stand-in on "Deliverance".
09-30-03 02:58 PM
jb Is "72 Touring party" in the mail yet?
09-30-03 02:58 PM
KeithRichards210 BTW, nice setlist there, Pugs! Sounds like a great gig indeed.
09-30-03 03:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ganesh said that until you admit to yourself, and the world, that you are a fag....I must not send you the STP box.

He said that you cannot handle the sexual energy and aura of the music contained in that set until you feel safe in your own sexual being. I have to agree.

He said that instead you should listen to lots of Cher and Streisand. It's more fitting for your sexual personality.

Ganesh says that the reason you cheat on your wife is denial. You deny your real sexual entity, and seek to hide from it in acts of "machismo". You bang your secretary, yet you secretly want your poop packed.

No wonder you are so miserable. Poor fella.

The only people who like the Marlins are GAY, jb. Queer as a 3 dollar bill. What is a Marlin, but a fish with a big phallus like thing on it's face.

Duh.
09-30-03 03:25 PM
jb I am a homo.
09-30-03 04:19 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
I am a homo.

Finally. An admission of guilt. At least I lived long enough to see it for myself. LOL
09-30-03 04:42 PM
jb Your post total is lame....you will never be #1 here..I will always be ahead of you regardless of my sexuality.
09-30-03 04:53 PM
Joey " You bang your secretary, yet you secretly want your poop packed. "

Poop - chute ?!?!?!?!

Cher opens our new arena Thursday evening .............shall I bite ???????

Shiver .........................................

Developing ....................................

Essessy !

09-30-03 04:55 PM
jb My secretary is so fucking hot, I have literally destroyed my life b/c of her.
10-01-03 06:38 AM
parmeda voodoopug...thanks for the web-link. I'll have to keep tabs on you guys, I would love to come to one of your shows! Geez...I'm practically right around the corner from ya! I need a good warning tho...my schedule is crazier than jb's sex life
And SS...don't get me started hon
10-01-03 02:57 PM
voodoopug check the upcoming shows link on our site, www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs there is a list of our next three dates
10-02-03 03:03 AM
tumbling_dice Hey Voodoo Pugs! ;-D
Like I said before- someday i would love to see one of your shows!