ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Bootleg Info Return to archive
09-29-03 01:01 PM
riffian Hi,
I'm new here. Have picked up a lot of great info as a lurker on this board for the past few weeks. Have been a Stones fan for a long time; saw 'em in '77, '81, '89. Good good times. I have a question for those who I know are more knowledgeable than me on this subject. I found this double disc stones boot, sounds like it's from 71-72. On thick vinyl. Roll records on one disc, Rope records on another disc. There is crowd noise and while the quality is a bit muted, Mick's voice/harp especially and the band in general are in pretty good form.
Tracks:
Jumpin Jack Flash
Roll Over Beethoven
Little Queenie
Stray Cat Blues
Dead Flowers
Love in Vain
Let it Rock
Sympathy for the Devil
Midnight Rambler
Brown Sugar
Live with Me

I don't think I have them in the right order here, but the discs aren't labeled with sides, only the songs on each side. It is in a plain white jacket--looks like the beatles' white album, without "the beatles" on it of course
Thanks in advance to anyone who knows about this and can tell me where and when it was recorded!!
09-29-03 01:10 PM
marko that looks like european tour 1970 tour,could be paris,
23rd of september,theres sort of SBD recording of it.Plus
its not a complete show.
09-29-03 02:00 PM
riffian Wow! That was fast. Thanks alot Marco.
I didn't figure it was a complete set since its short and there were obvious missing songs like Honky Tonk, Satisfaction, and maybe Street Fighting Man. Some of the side only have two songs on them...weird album, but I'm not very familiar with the whole bootleg scene, so maybe this is par for the course(?)
09-29-03 04:31 PM
cwatts0462 hey
09-29-03 08:06 PM
riffian Is that the title? Mick just says "Hello" and "thank-you"...he prolly hadn't learned alot of French yet...

Well done Sonny...haha
10-01-03 04:24 PM
marko Well it could be Berlin,BUT berlin has distorted sound.
So i can�t think of anyhting else than paris.