ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DVD BOX SET DELAYED Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-29-03 10:38 PM
full moon HBO was not that bad...
09-29-03 11:14 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
full moon wrote:
HBO was not that bad...

Yes. Yes it was that bad.

-tSYX --- The exodus is near...
09-29-03 11:27 PM
corgi37 The reason they spent so much time in Australia was to recover from the awful U.S. beer and wine. They had to wash all that dreadful right wing clap-trap that was going on over there out of their system (though us being the ass lickers we are, jumped into Iraq too). They needed some tanned blonde sluts, delicious Aussie sunshine, cold Vic Bitter, chilled Jacob's Creek wine, maybe an ice cream or two, to re-charge their collective batteries. Plus, i guess they thought they owed us poor fuckers something for skimping in 97. Oh, and 89, 81, 75, 69. I am a little pissed they didnt include the Enmore show. It would have been cool to have a different country/continent on an official release. Plus that show at real amibience, what with the crowd outside the theatre and the genuine surprise of Ac/dc getting up to jam for the 1st time. Oh, and Maryanne Faithfull in the audience. I figure the release of the HBO show makes sense, as that show (to is my naive thinking)probably had the best audio/visual set up. Maybe more cameras etc and maybe it was the most advanced arena show that was mixed and ready to go. Either way, i cant wait, i cant wait, i cant wait.
09-30-03 10:09 AM
Joey " PS : I dont like Guinness that much! "

You make Joey cry like Baby !
09-30-03 10:47 AM
T&A HBO wasn't great - but it had its moments. It's certainly not the selling point for the DVD - which, by the by, is pre-selling for 29.99 at bestbuy.com. The selling point is the club show plus the documentary plus the Wiltern (I should be able to see myself leaning on the catwalk) material. These selling points alone will make me first in line on 11/11 (or whenever it is released).

Regarding Taylor, there seems to have been some "revisionism" in recent times. 1972 & 1973 live know no peers from this band or any other. MT was integral to the act. End of story.
09-30-03 10:58 AM
jb Right on T&A....the worst Mick Taylor Stones performance blows away anything the band has done since his departure...The man elevated the band to unparallaed heights that have never been seen since his departure. I love the Stones with or without MT, but to deny his greatness is pure ignorance. They have not sounded like the Stones in years...they do not rock..they sound polished and refined with very little variation....the sound is too low and the guitars, even on a good night, are marginal at best...
P.S.-I go b/c they still excite me...I have very little enjoyment in my life despite my money, house, cars, etc...believe me, material possessions are nice, but do not make up for intrinsic unhappiness..
[Edited by jb]
09-30-03 11:03 AM
Joey " I have very little enjoyment in my life despite my money, house, cars, etc...believe me, material possessions are nice, but do not make up for intrinsic unhappiness.. "

Come to Joey ............................

" Chico ................Get the Yeyo Ronnie "

Jerky Beef !
09-30-03 11:41 AM
jb "I may hate the sin, but never the sinner"-Clarence Darrow.
09-30-03 11:45 AM
padre
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Yes. Yes it was that bad.
-tSYX --- The exodus is near...

No, I really don't think it was that bad. The band got a little tired towards the end, but the first half surely kicks ass compared to the stuff they've officially released from recent tours: Flashpoint, IMAX, Voodoo Lounge's Miami show, Bridges-video, No Security,... Hell, if you take Jagger's singing and setlist, I think the HBO show even wins Let's Spend The Night Together!! But if we talk about the guitars that's a another discussion...
09-30-03 11:51 AM
padre AND the HBO show has the songs in the right speed and with full intros. Another thing the LSTNT does not have. The HBO show is good.
09-30-03 11:55 AM
Joey

Fran Drescher
Richard Dreyfuss
Michael Douglas
Daniel Day-Lewis
Steve Guttenberg
Michael Ian Black
Lisa Kudrow
Cynthia Nixon
Lesley Gore
Shelly Hack