ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Twickenham 20/9 Setlist, Pics And Reviews Return to archive
09-20-03 04:08 PM
Gazza Thanks to Gary Robertson for texting me two hours ago to tell me that they twice soundchecked "Salt of the earth" and to Handoffate who called me ONE HOUR before the band came onstage to provide tonight's setlist!! Would have posted it an hour ago, but was out..lol

As I post this,theyve been on stage half an hour - but the full setlist tonight will be:

1. Brown sugar
2. IORR
3. Dont Stop
4. Miss You
5. Salt Of The Earth
6. Rock Me Baby with Angus & Malcolm Young (ACDC)
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling dice
9. Slipping Away
10. Before They Make Me Run
11. Sympathy For The Devil
12. Respectable (b-stage)
13. You Got Me Rocking (b-stage)
14. Street Fighting Man (b-stage)
15. Gimme Shelter
16. Honky Tonk Women
17. Start Me Up
18. Satisfaction
19. Jumpin' Jack Flash

reports so far that the start was great, although "Salt" was 'messy' !!

"Rocks Off" - The Rolling Stones site that brings you the news BEFORE it happens

[Edited by Gazza]
09-20-03 04:51 PM
hotlicks WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WERE OUT-PLEASE TAKE THIS JOB A WEE BIT MORE SERIOUS OR YOU'LL GET THE SACK!!!!!!
09-20-03 05:07 PM
Gazza actually, WHEN I got the setlist from handoffate I tried to phone YOU to ask you would you post it on the board for me - but seemingly YOU were unavailable too!!

I hope you weren't slacking either!
09-20-03 06:38 PM
Angiegirl Yes guys, your behaviour only proves that it's obviously near the end of the tour...
GET A GRIP FOR MICK'S SAKE!!!!

Salt would be cool to hear I guess, even when sloppy or messy. Hope for Salt and Nearness in Amsterdam on Monday.
*sigh*
09-20-03 07:26 PM
Moonisup GReat songs!! salt of the earth is special!! Cool
09-20-03 07:48 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Salt Of The Earth was the highlight! Terrible sound quality throughout from where I was sitting. Keef's intros sounded fine but as soon as the distorted bass and drums came in it was just a din. Then when that irritating burk on keyboards got going it just got worse! KR / MJ and CW still put on the best show on earth...visually!
09-20-03 09:14 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy And with a name like "swapwoodfortaylor", RW isn't even in the picture!

-tSYX --- The kid stays in the picture...
09-20-03 09:18 PM
Child of the Moon Rik, that new picture of yours is absolutely terrifying. Good work on that.

Salt of the Earth? Finally, a new song! I think the last one was about a month ago, in Amsterdam, when they did Starfucker. Not that there haven't been other nice surprises along the way... That's How Strong My Love Is in Glasgow, Love Train at Wembley, Keith doing Tipperary in Dublin...

Geez, I love these guys!
09-20-03 09:32 PM
swapwoodfortaylor And with a name like "swapwoodfortaylor", RW isn't even in the picture!

-tSYX --- The kid stays in the picture...

TOO TRUE......as always...he was as much use as tits on a bull. Just as well I had 'Brussels Affair' CD in the car on the way home to remind of what the mighty KR can produce when he is not hampered!
09-20-03 09:50 PM
kahoosier So sad to hear about the sound, how does that happen? This is the same venue that surprised us with such great stadium sound just a few weeks ago. I mean I was surprised at how clear everything was, and now this....
09-20-03 09:59 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
swapwoodfortaylor wrote:
Just as well I had 'Brussels Affair' CD in the car on the way home to remind of what the mighty KR can produce when he is not hampered!

Hampered by what? The copious amounts of herb he smokes and booze he drinks?

Like they say, when you can't accept that Keith isn't God, when you can't accept that Keith and Mick both keep Chuck Leavell around *gladly* along with that cadre of backup singers, when you can't begin to wonder why Keith spends his sets with his guitar in his hands like a trophy... blame Ronnie.

Not that Keith doesn't have fantastic nights either. On this leg, Keith has definitely had an overall better time of it than Ronnie. Which is weird, because it was just the opposite in the States. When they *both* had 'on nights'... hooooooolllyshitlookout, it was '75 all over again.

We need to find a way to make 'em both have 'on nights'.

I'm still thinking about conducting that study - when Ronnie plays "Can't You Hear Me Knocking", does the show get more favorable reviews because he *knows* he has to keep up and as a result Keith *knows* that he doesn't want to get outplayed by Ronnie?

-tSYX --- Yeah, you got *bahdahdahdah* satin shoes...
09-21-03 05:25 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Salt would be cool to hear I guess, even when sloppy or messy. Hope for Salt and Nearness in Amsterdam on Monday.
*sigh*

Me too! There are some rumours on a Dutch MB about Tina Turner joining them. Would be cool, but I doubt it.
09-21-03 11:03 AM
Gazza Bobby Keys apparently didnt play at last nights show. Tim Ries did the sax solos
09-21-03 12:00 PM
LadyJane Nice to see Salt of the Earth make its debut. Great song. And an appearance by Angus and Malcolm. Another treat.

IF the Stones come back to the States, they should definitely invite AC/DC to join them for EVERY show!!

LadyJ.
09-21-03 04:21 PM
browneyedgirl I agree with LadyJane. If the Stones come back to the US bring along AC/DC! I really want to see AC/DC open for the Stones & then see Angus & Malcolm join the Stones on stage for Rock Me Baby.
09-21-03 06:00 PM
Boomy I would really like to see AC/DC tour on their own, also!!!

Can't wait!
[Edited by Boomy]
09-22-03 05:57 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Was the chap playing accoustic on 3? tunes B Chapman?
09-22-03 04:02 PM
Gazza Blondie Chaplin plays acoustc guitar on a few songs - yes
09-22-03 04:09 PM
jb I think it was FPM C10.......
09-22-03 05:10 PM
erikjjf >Blondie Chaplin plays acoustc guitar on a few songs - yes

He also plays electric on Before They Make Me Run.
09-22-03 05:25 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
When they *both* had 'on nights'... hooooooolllyshitlookout, it was '75 all over again.

As far as I can remember, that happened in Tacoma, when I was lucky enough to see 'em. And you're right, Xyz... it WAS 1975 all over again, and Keith even looked it! During Midnight Rambler, I swear he de-aged a good 25 years.
09-29-03 12:03 PM
bootcover Mick with Angus

Angus Young

from rs.com