ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: permavine: AHOY (Rotterdam, Holland) - part 2 Return to archive
09-13-03 02:54 PM
mac_daddy AHOY (Rotterdam, Holland) - part 2

original thread here...

upon critical review, the bass - as it was on the original SHN set was too much, and there was minor clipping throughout. I addressed these issues as I prepared the discs for the group, but this, along with the critical listening (for quality assurance), is what takes the time. I sent out one or two trades of the old audio discs, but in those instances, I have also sent you the new set - clearly marked. Thanks to all of you for being patient...

Chris is the first up on the permavine, and the audio discs have been sent to him. The resst of the list is as follows:
1. chris girard
2. Diedre
3. dealer squealing
4. Jacques
5. L&A
6. Rogerriffin
7. partner in crime
8. Flashpoint
9. Rolling___Bunny
10. Honky Tonk Man
11. somegirl

Please update by copying the vine list and adding the status when you receive the discs, and when you send them back out...

I am trading with the following board members - if I have your snail mail address, your discs have been sent.

Sir Oliver
BillyBoll
Factory Girl
corvonero
madafaka
BeastofBurden

If I have left you off either list, and you signed up, I apologize in advance for the oversight, as it is not intentional. Please contact me and I will hook you up asap...

Remember, this is a PERMAvine, so you may still sign up by copying the most recently updated list, and adding your name to the bottom...

Please post any questions or concerns in this thread.

PS - What is an AHOY? Aren't there a couple of them in Europe?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
09-14-03 10:52 PM
BeastofBurden Thanks Mac_daddy for the update. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Kent
09-16-03 06:54 AM
BillyBoll Did we arrange a trade and did I give you my snail mail address?
09-19-03 01:53 AM
corvonero McDaddy would you get in touch with me regarding the Ahoy permavine?
It seems i've not been able to get in touch with you, maybe something wrong with my smtp server.

Thank you

Lorenzo [email protected]
09-19-03 06:24 AM
mac_daddy billy, madafaka and corvornero...

your discs are burned and on my desk...

if you send me your addresses via pm, I will send these out to you. I will get back to you with my end of the trade when I have time to check your lists, but at least this way I can get the AHOY discs to you asap...

thanks.
09-19-03 07:03 AM
chris girard Havcen't got the disks yet, but I expect things to be slow until we recover from the hurricane, I will keep you informed as soon as I get the disks

Chris
09-19-03 07:23 AM
mac_daddy please let me know, another VA resident hasn't received them either...

but they most certainly are on their way.
09-19-03 08:40 AM
Madafaka PM sent!
09-19-03 12:16 PM
chris girard to Macdaddy,
I will keep you informed, I saved your email address. We have tree branches all over the place here. My car is Ok, just go some tree sap on it, the branch missed it by about a foot.
09-19-03 07:25 PM
mac_daddy I am glad to hear all is well with you and your property. Apparantly Alexandria was the heaviest hit place in the state...

I was watching the clips on the news last night, and it made me remember to appreciate the fact that I live in arguably the most temperate climate in the country - the tendency is to take it for granted...

I guess Isabel is now downgraded to a tropical storm, so it wasn't as heavy as they have been in the past, but all that water sucks - it can take forever to get rid of all that sh*t. Ditto for the tree branches (and trees, powerlines, powerpoles, street lamps, etc.)...

Godspeed.
09-20-03 06:30 AM
mac_daddy where are we with artwork?

has anybody seen some around for this set??
09-21-03 09:51 PM
chris girard Got the disks on Sat..I will send them along

Thanks
09-21-03 10:15 PM
chris girard Diedre,
Email me so I can send the disks along to you.

Chris
09-22-03 09:38 AM
mac_daddy how do you like the show?
09-22-03 02:22 PM
BeastofBurden Hi Mac_daddy

I received the show today, awesome. Thanks so much. Here's a link for the artwork

http://www.rs-covers.com/detail.cfm?albumid=987

Kent
09-22-03 08:21 PM
chris girard
to Macdaddy--I put a disk on the CD player and out comes Love Train then CYHMK. All I could think of is the night I saw them in DC. This is a review I wrote for another Stones site before I discovered Rocks OFF, thought I'd share it with you all. All I can say is this is breathtaking, I've got it on right now as I type, Thanks.....Chris

"When Keith walks on stage and starts Brown Sugar,its like a wave hit FedEx Field, 50,000 people stood up and started yelling and singing and jumping around. They did the first three songs without the big screen, so most people could only hear them and not see very well. They sounded heavenly.Then the screens came on with images of Ronnie,Charlie, Keith and Mick across each screen seperately, WOW. I've read that Keith messed up the song order and did Tumbling Dice instead of Don't Stop, we didn't notice. They did Monkey Man and I didn't recognize the beginning, its been so long since I've listened to it, they were smoking now. Angie slowed it down a touch but what a beautiful rendtion of it.

They did You Can't Always Get What You Want but we were getting it all this night. Then Can't You Hear Me Knocking, if you hear nothing more from this tour, get yourself of a copy of them doing this live. Ronnie was outstanding but what I liked was Mick's very long harmonica solo, very soulful, I had never heard him play so long so well before.I can't say enough about how good this is, its far better than the studio version. Love Train, what a hoot, and Keith did Happy, the place was certainly happy by now.
Out to the second stage for Little Red Rooster, they were going back to their roots for this one, more Mick on harp, and "Like a Rolling Stone" which I happen to like, just my music taste. I had seats by the corner of the second stage so I had the best seats in the house for this portion of the concert.

My favorite Rolling Stone song is Gimme Shelter, and they sang it that nite, they knew I was coming....LOL...thanks guys. The flames shooting out of the top of the stage and the fact that the audiance could feel the heat, will make Sympathy for the Devil stand out for a long time to come. The stage is bathed in red lights. The R rated cartoon that accompanies Honky Tonk Woman, well all I can say she got what was coming to her in the end.

Jumping Jack Flash and red confetti, its probably the greatest rock and roll song in the world and what a better way to end it. Of course they came back to give us our Satisfaction. Charlie, Ronnie, Mick and Keith, if you keep playing, I'll keep coming to your concerts."
09-25-03 05:15 PM
Diedre Dealer Squealing: I need your e-mail and/or snail mail address. I have the discs and need to send them along to you.

Thanks, Chris.
09-26-03 03:56 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
BeastofBurden wrote:
Hi Mac_daddy

I received the show today, awesome. Thanks so much. Here's a link for the artwork

http://www.rs-covers.com/detail.cfm?albumid=987

Kent

glad you enjoy the discs.

Thanks for the covers - I don't think is the same source, however, and the two are tracked a bit differently...

Anyway, if there is anyone who was supposed to receive the discs from me who has not yet (with the exception of LB), please let me know.
09-26-03 04:18 AM
Diedre Dealer Squealing: I forgot to give you contact info. You may e-mail me at [email protected].
09-26-03 06:08 AM
dealer squealing Hi Diedre
i�ve sent you pm and mail(maby twice
09-26-03 08:27 PM
Diedre Dealer, you may have sent a couple of e-mails to that e-mail address I posted, but I didn't receive either of them. So, I took the liberty of sending you an e-mail to the e-mail address listed under your board profile. If you don't get that e-mail for whatever reason, post again here and we'll try again.
09-28-03 08:48 PM
chris girard I ran off the artwork, thanks, really nice....
09-30-03 03:04 PM
Diedre Just a note that the discs were mailed yesterday to Dealer Squealing. I'm in the USA, he's in Iceland. So, if you're on the vine, be patient. I sent via e-mail, but it could take a week or more before it reaches its next destination.